Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    that was never part of the discussion.

the discussion was to why JV gets so few touches, to which I responded about the system which indicates as to JVs "pecking order" to which I was told that the system was not dsesigned to maximize demar...and now that the system does not do a good job of maximizing demar.....

so where do the constant shifting of counterpoints end?

That GS is a better team, that is why JV gets so few offensive opportunities.

and from ther it will be purple dinosaur lollipop fudgesicle.
    You still know what the discussion is?

Kudos!

I got lost a long time ago.

Comment

that was never part of the discussion.

the discussion was to why JV gets so few touches, to which I responded about the system which indicates as to JVs "pecking order" to which I was told that the system was not dsesigned to maximize demar...and now that the system does not do a good job of maximizing demar.....

so where do the constant shifting of counterpoints end?

That GS is a better team, that is why JV gets so few offensive opportunities.

and from ther it will be purple dinosaur lollipop fudgesicle.
      The point was brought up that you just have to shift the secondary scoring more to JV and even if DD's usage stays high he'll get used enough. Then you brought up this "maximizes" point which is incoherent, as it is irrelevant to that secondary scoring point (ie the why the heck is Scola getting the ball so much point) AND is kind of not true anyway, as DD has historically struggle to generate efficient offence in this system.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        The point was brought up that you just have to shift the secondary scoring more to JV and even if DD's usage stays high he'll get used enough. Then you brought up this "maximizes" point which is incoherent, as it is irrelevant to that secondary scoring point (ie the why the heck is Scola getting the ball so much point) AND is kind of not true anyway, as DD has historically struggle to generate efficient offence in this system.
        Thanks.

Comment

that is because the system is designed to maximize demar,.
          Right here is what i posted in response to iv being 4th or 5th option.

Completely valid point.

Especially when you consider that having a system designed to maximize someone like demar is going to force jv to 4th or 5th option and a system that maximizes demar will never allow for a big man to even be second highest usage without crippling demar effectivenes.

You can argue against that but it is not untrue. You can change the goalposts to try and make my post not seem to be relevant to the post to which 8 responded but whatever.

Demar is great.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan - Announced as 2016 All-Star selection by Coaches!

Snooch wrote: View Post

Completely valid point.

Especially when you consider that having a system designed to maximize someone like demar is going to force jv to 4th or 5th option and a system that maximizes demar will never allow for a big man to even be second highest usage without crippling demar effectivenes.

You can argue against that but it is not untrue. You can change the goalposts to try and make my post not seem to be relevant to the post to which 8 responded but whatever.

Demar is great.

First time I can actually say you're right.

Demar is great.

I respect your opinion but that's just it... Your opinion. I don't agree with your absolutes.

Do you believe JV is a finished product? Of course not right? How do you know the system won't be adjusted to showcase JV's improved game? We won't know for sure until...

- JV is in his prime and we can see for ourselves if he's actually a great 1st or 2nd option

- We don't know how Demar will perform in another system/new coach. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true - or as you like to say, untrue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DeMar thread going nowhere fast as usual.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                DeMar thread going nowhere fast as usual.
                Its actually incredible that there is an 819 page thread for DeMar. Before people say, he's the longest tenure Raptor etc, his thread is whole factors larger than other players. Lowry's thread (and Lowry has had a very interesting and excellent tenure but one that has been controversial at times) is less than 50 pages.

It shows how much passion there is for discussion and how his play is really an intersting divider in terms of analysis.

Comment

Completely valid point.

Demar is great.

Why can Scola have the usage he has but not JV? JV could easily be 3rd highest usage. I've seen you present no evidence why this couldn't be the case. Frankly, he SHOULD be the third highest usage guy in this system, Scola is just a mess out there and doesn't even belong with the starters (not in terms of quality of player but in terms of fit with the system).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why can Scola have the usage he has but not JV? JV could easily be 3rd highest usage. I've seen you present no evidence why this couldn't be the case. Frankly, he SHOULD be the third highest usage guy in this system, Scola is just a mess out there and doesn't even belong with the starters (not in terms of quality of player but in terms of fit with the system).
                    Wouldn't his outside shooting attribute, in part, to this?

Comment

The point being debated with me was about a system being designed for Demar, so why the fuck should I need to try and prove why JV cant have Scolas usage. Unless the thread heading is incorrect, this is the everything demar thread.

If I was to take any time to prove anything I would use it to prove, yet AGAIN, that a team with Lowry/JV as the top 2 man duo would be better than any team ever having Demar as high usage as he is.
                      ]

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Wouldn't his outside shooting attribute, in part, to this?
                        He takes less than 2 shots a game from the perimeter, so yes, but not very much at all.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The point being debated with me was about a system being designed for Demar, so why the fuck should I need to try and prove why JV cant have Scolas usage. Unless the thread heading is incorrect, this is the everything demar thread.

If I was to take any time to prove anything I would use it to prove, yet AGAIN, that a team with Lowry/JV as the top 2 man duo would be better than any team ever having Demar as high usage as he is.
                          ]
                          And that last point might be valid, but what you actually said was that this system forces JV to be a 4th/5th option, when that does not appear to be a system issue so much as a Casey doesn't trust JV issue, since another ground bound post up big man in Scola carries third banana usage in this system.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And that last point might be valid, but what you actually said was that this system forces JV to be a 4th/5th option, when that does not appear to be a system issue so much as a Casey doesn't trust JV issue, since another ground bound post up big man in Scola carries third banana usage in this system.
                            what I said was,
                            that is because the system is designed to maximize demar,
                            I did not say that JV is the fourth fifth as a result, but he is.

Center something around a non shooting shooting guard it means that your 7+ foot center is left out in the cold.

Comment

what I said was,

I did not say that JV is the fourth fifth as a result, but he is.

Center something around a non shooting shooting guard it means that your 7+ foot center is left out in the cold.
                              But your PF is not? Weird.

Also, what does the word "because" mean to you? Cause, result, they tend to follow each other around.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

But your PF is not? Weird.

Also, what does the word "because" mean to you? Cause, result, they tend to follow each other around.

why the fuck do you keep insisting on bringing up the pf spot.

i spoke of jv and his place in the system....not of fucking scola.....

every fucking goddamed response from you sense is about a power forward.

changes nothing of what i posted and does nothing to counter

if you want me to play debate under the new parameters that you are so desparately pleading for then fine.

scola has more usage cause scola has more range. more range equals more space. more space equals more room for demar to do demar stuff.

now go spend the next 2 hours combing through statistics to try and show how ross shoots better on tuesday nights in debate against what i just posted,

such a condescending wank you are...fyck....

Comment

Working...
                                X