Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Why can Scola have the usage he has but not JV? JV could easily be 3rd highest usage. I've seen you present no evidence why this couldn't be the case. Frankly, he SHOULD be the third highest usage guy in this system, Scola is just a mess out there and doesn't even belong with the starters (not in terms of quality of player but in terms of fit with the system).
    i shouldnt need to present anything cause anyone can see it or read 700 pages of explanations as to why.

scola is a better passer and has more range....so to casey that means more spacing and passes back to dd\kl.

bet that is 400th time that has been said.(i was exaggerating, just e you 3 hours of looking at posts and counting them up.

Comment

Why can Scola have the usage he has but not JV? JV could easily be 3rd highest usage. I've seen you present no evidence why this couldn't be the case. Frankly, he SHOULD be the third highest usage guy in this system, Scola is just a mess out there and doesn't even belong with the starters (not in terms of quality of player but in terms of fit with the system).
      Hey Dan, not that I agree with Snooch but JV's usage is higher than Scola's right now. He passed him a few days ago. 20.4% vs. 20.1%.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Hey Dan, not that I agree with Snooch but JV's usage is higher than Scola's right now. He passed him a few days ago. 20.4% vs. 20.1%.
        Well, in that case, JV is currently the third option and is clearly not limited to 4th/5th option in this system.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          why the fuck do you keep insisting on bringing up the pf spot.

i spoke of jv and his place in the system....not of fucking scola.....

every fucking goddamed response from you sense is about a power forward.

changes nothing of what i posted and does nothing to counter

if you want me to play debate under the new parameters that you are so desparately pleading for then fine.

scola has more usage cause scola has more range. more range equals more space. more space equals more room for demar to do demar stuff.

now go spend the next 2 hours combing through statistics to try and show how ross shoots better on tuesday nights in debate against what i just posted,

such a condescending wank you are...fyck....
          Patterson is a far better shooter than Scola and has a far lower usage, in the same system. Would be my counter, FYI.

Not that it matters since JV is apparently getting third banana usage right now anyway, which I should have looked up first.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Didn't think I'd ever say this, but guys, can you please talk about Demar ... in this thread anyway. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Didn't think I'd ever say this, but guys, can you please talk about Demar ... in this thread anyway. Lol
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Snooch wrote:
                JWash wrote: View Post
                False. The system merely uses demar and lowry a lot but it absolutely does not put them in the most efficient positions or even lineups to score and create for teammates.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                False. Casey himself has stated about having systems that maximize players abilities.

Seriousy
                I read both of these like Dwight arguing with himself ...

Comment

because of experience. Jonas is till very young and is far from perfect reading and predicting the outcome of ball dominant guard movement. It's the price we pay for no actual offensive system installed.
                  Meanwhile Scola has all the experience in the world, that can be accumulated. he reads the flow of the game perfectly and always is in the open passing lane. thus he's got such a high usage. simply he is in the better position to succeed

Comment

• Cross wrote: View Post
                    because of experience. Jonas is till very young and is far from perfect reading and predicting the outcome of ball dominant guard movement. It's the price we pay for no actual offensive system installed.
                    Meanwhile Scola has all the experience in the world, that can be accumulated. he reads the flow of the game perfectly and always is in the open passing lane. thus he's got such a high usage. simply he is in the better position to succeed
                    That's why I like the idea of getting Thad Young. His so good at moving without the ball. Always finds those open holes in a defence.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Guys ... wrong thread to talk about Jonas and Thad.

Comment

• Did I seriously just read several pages of arguments over whether or not the offensive system is designed to facilitate DeRozan and Lowry as the primary scorers? At least one of them is on the court the entire game. I'm sure any sort of playing time, usage or shot attempt related stat would support the claim of them being the offensive focal points of this team under Casey. Is this even an issue to be debated??

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Did I seriously just read several pages of arguments over whether or not the offensive system is designed to facilitate DeRozan and Lowry as the primary scorers? At least one of them is on the court the entire game. I'm sure any sort of playing time, usage or shot attempt related stat would support the claim of them being the offensive focal points of this team under Casey. Is this even an issue to be debated??
                          I think what was being debated was not whether the system is designed to have them facilitate the offense, but whether it is designed to "Maximize" their effectiveness and efficiency. I think.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Did I seriously just read several pages of arguments over whether or not the offensive system is designed to facilitate DeRozan and Lowry as the primary scorers? At least one of them is on the court the entire game. I'm sure any sort of playing time, usage or shot attempt related stat would support the claim of them being the offensive focal points of this team under Casey. Is this even an issue to be debated??
                            I think the only actual argument in regards to that matter is whether or not it does a good job at doing even that.

The actual argument is "execution versus intent."
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              I think what was being debated was not whether the system is designed to have them facilitate the offense, but whether it is designed to "Maximize" their effectiveness and efficiency. I think.
                              lol

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                DeMar thread going nowhere fast as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X