Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    You neglected to mention the 3rd part where he gets into the lane and scores or draws a foul, which should be the first option when a scorer is driving the basketball. Obviously you make your reads and look for the pass as well, but if you're driving into the defense like that you had better have scoring intent.

Right now you're trying to criticize him for doing what he's supposed to do. DeRozan isn't a point guard, he's playmaking at a very good rate for a scoring wing player.
    For sure, but I was specifically talking about the way he passes. There's a big difference between DeMar looking to make plays, and DeMar trying to pass out of a bad situation. He's very good at scoring or drawing fouls in the lane, we all know that.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

What does that have to do with what S.R. pointed out though? Like I just don't get why that was even brought up.

And DeRozan is supposed to be scoring out there.
      The team is supposed to be scoring out there, DeMar is just one vehicle to get there. Much harder to stop 5 guys than 1.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        The team is supposed to be scoring out there, DeMar is just one vehicle to get there. Much harder to stop 5 guys than 1.
        But the point was that DeRozan is not using a ridiculous number of possessions to produce his offense. Like S.R. said he's 13th in scoring usage (actually I'm seeing 12th but maybe I'm reading it wrong), but 9th in scoring, and it's not like we're a particularly high scoring team so that's very good.

Comment

But the point was that DeRozan is not using a ridiculous number of possessions to produce his offense. Like S.R. said he's 13th in scoring usage (actually I'm seeing 12th but maybe I'm reading it wrong), but 9th in scoring, and it's not like we're a particularly high scoring team so that's very good.
          nyloncalculus has him 12th, I'd tend to go with that. To your point, I agree that he's having an efficient season scoring for himself. I think he'd be a better player to generate more offense for the guys around him, because we have a great supporting cast this year.

If we're going to be paying DeMar the 5-year max, which is looking exceedingly likely, I'd like him to become a player who the advanced stats love. The keys to that, in my opinion, are being a better playmaker on the offensive end, and being a more active defender.

Comment

So you're saying that the Scoring Burden is (or should be) equally spread across all 5 guys?

Or do you concede that Demar's main purpose out there is to score the ball for us?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              So you're saying that the Scoring Burden is (or should be) equally spread across all 5 guys?

Or do you concede that Demar's main purpose out there is to score the ball for us?
              Not evenly spread, but more evenly spread than it currently is. I'd like a certain 23-year old 7-footer to be more actively involved in our offense, for sure.

LeBron James' main purpose is to score the ball as well, but he generates a lot of offense for the guys around him as well. I'm not expecting DeMar to become Chris Paul, but I think him getting up to 6-7 assist per game would be well within his skillset, and might even make it easier for him to generate space for his own scoring.

Comment

nyloncalculus has him 12th, I'd tend to go with that. To your point, I agree that he's having an efficient season scoring for himself. I think he'd be a better player to generate more offense for the guys around him, because we have a great supporting cast this year.

If we're going to be paying DeMar the 5-year max, which is looking exceedingly likely, I'd like him to become a player who the advanced stats love. The keys to that, in my opinion, are being a better playmaker on the offensive end, and being a more active defender.
                this is some of the most useless critique on how to improve a player. wow so you want someone to score more efficiently and generate offense for everyone else? wow why didnt anyone think of that?

demar is already generating a career high in assists.

and the time of saying advanced stats is over. if all you have to do is go to a website and punch in a name, thats not advanced stats.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  this is some of the most useless critique on how to improve a player. wow so you want someone to score more efficiently and generate offense for everyone else? wow why didnt anyone think of that?

demar is already generating a career high in assists.

and the time of saying advanced stats is over. if all you have to do is go to a website and punch in a name, thats not advanced stats.
                  The section of stats on nba.com and on basketballreference.com containing the stats I'm referring to is literally called 'advanced stats'. Go look, it's there. It says 'advanced stats'.

Comment

Not evenly spread, but more evenly spread than it currently is. I'd like a certain 23-year old 7-footer to be more actively involved in our offense, for sure.

LeBron James' main purpose is to score the ball as well, but he generates a lot of offense for the guys around him as well. I'm not expecting DeMar to become Chris Paul, but I think him getting up to 6-7 assist per game would be well within his skillset, and might even make it easier for him to generate space for his own scoring.
                    lol 6-7 assists per game? wtf is wrong with you? with that statement you literally ARE expecting demar to become chris paul. what SG's average 6-7 assists a game? james harden? who else?

Comment

The section of stats on nba.com and on basketballreference.com containing the stats I'm referring to is literally called 'advanced stats'. Go look, it's there. It says 'advanced stats'.
                      jesus. the point is its not advanced stats if all you have to do is go to a website and click on 'advanced stats'

Comment

lol 6-7 assists per game? wtf is wrong with you? with that statement you literally ARE expecting demar to become chris paul. what SG's average 6-7 assists a game? james harden? who else?
                        Seriously? Ricky Davis had a season where he averaged 5.5 assists per game. 6 assists isn't Chris Paul territory.

Comment

jesus. the point is its not advanced stats if all you have to do is go to a website and click on 'advanced stats'
                          Why is that, exactly?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I was referring to the section on the website that says 'advanced stats', and how DeMar doesn't rate highly in a lot of those stats.

Comment

While I shudder at the thought of comparing Lebron to Demar Derozan, has Lebron James ever played with a Point Guard as good as Kyle Lowry?

As for JV getting his, I assume then you are fine with Scola getting as many touches as he does? Because he's taking 14 FGAs per game ...

Comment

Seriously? Ricky Davis had a season where he averaged 5.5 assists per game. 6 assists isn't Chris Paul territory.
                                lol ricky davis????? sure if you want to pull up a random player from 2002 (and clevelands literally WORST season of all time) to try and win an argument, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X