Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    While I shudder at the thought of comparing Lebron to Demar Derozan, has Lebron James ever played with a Point Guard as good as Kyle Lowry?

As for JV getting his, I assume then you are fine with Scola getting as many touches as he does? Because he's taking 14 FGAs per game ...
    Player LeBron may never know because GM LeBron is too busy bringing back his old crew like James Jones, Mike Miller and such.

All jokes aside, Kyrie is pretty damn good.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      While I shudder at the thought of comparing Lebron to Demar Derozan, has Lebron James ever played with a Point Guard as good as Kyle Lowry?

As for JV getting his, I assume then you are fine with Scola getting as many touches as he does? Because he's taking 14 FGAs per game ...
      How do you feel about Kyrie? Career TS%, WS/48 are pretty comparable to Lowry's, and Kyrie hasn't peaked yet.

I think Lowry still does more for a team, but Kyrie's a pretty damn good point guard.

As far as Scola's touches, not to derail, but... I'd rather have his touches down a bit, but then, why's he starting if he isn't scoring? It's not like Scola brings a lot else to the table...
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        How do you feel about Kyrie? Career TS%, WS/48 are pretty comparable to Lowry's, and Kyrie hasn't peaked yet.

I think Lowry still does more for a team, but Kyrie's a pretty damn good point guard.

As far as Scola's touches, not to derail, but... I'd rather have his touches down a bit, but then, why's he starting if he isn't scoring? It's not like Scola brings a lot else to the table...
        Frankly, I'd prefer Scola's touches go up - and he play with the bench. He's a guy who can carry some offence.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          lol ricky davis????? sure if you want to pull up a random player from 2002 (and clevelands literally WORST season of all time) to try and win an argument, go for it.
          You said 6-7 assists is Chris Paul territory, so I brought up a terrible shooting guard who wasn't a good team player who still averaged 5.5 assists per game. If you're telling me that DeMar can't be as good a playmaker on this team as Ricky Davis was on that team, then you're making my argument for me.

Comment

Not evenly spread, but more evenly spread than it currently is. I'd like a certain 23-year old 7-footer to be more actively involved in our offense, for sure.

LeBron James' main purpose is to score the ball as well, but he generates a lot of offense for the guys around him as well. I'm not expecting DeMar to become Chris Paul, but I think him getting up to 6-7 assist per game would be well within his skillset, and might even make it easier for him to generate space for his own scoring.
            I think he can and will be a more conscious playmaker, but 6-7 assists is basically what Lowry does and would put him in the top 20 if not top 15, no? That seems like alot and perhaps a little unrealistic.

Also, involving JV more in the offence isn't necessarily going to lead to more passing by the team or DD or lead to more assists. It may, but thinking it will, if indeed you do, is a huge assumption.

Also, it seems as if you will only be satisfied with Demar's presence on this team is if he is truly a superstar and top 10 talent league wide.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              I think he can and will be a more conscious playmaker, but 6-7 assists is basically what Lowry does and would put him in the top 20 if not top 15, no? That seems like alot and perhaps a little unrealistic.

Also, involving JV more in the offence isn't necessarily going to lead to more passing by the team or DD or lead to more assists. It may, but thinking it will, if indeed you do, is a huge assumption.

Also, it seems as if you will only be satisfied with Demar's presence on this team is if he is truly a superstar and top 10 talent league wide.
              I'm only comfortable maxing anyone if they're a top 10 talent leaguewide, being honest. I'm not sure you can improve your championship window maxing guys who aren't there.

Comment

I'm only comfortable maxing anyone if they're a top 10 talent leaguewide, being honest. I'm not sure you can improve your championship window maxing guys who aren't there.
                And do you think you can win without one of those top 10 talents?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  And do you think you can win without one of those top 10 talents?
                  Likely not, and that's why if we're maxing DeMar, we'd need him to become that guy. Because Lowry's very, very good, but not a top 10 guy in my mind, and at 29 he's not suddenly going to make that leap. So that leaves DeMar or maybe JV 3-4 years down the road.

Comment

That's terrific. In fact, I am fairly certain every single NBA GM feels the same way. Unfortunately, they all have to do business in the real world and not in fantasyland.

Comment

I'd max a top 12 guy.....lol

But seriously.....lets get real here. There are 30 teams in the NBA. We will never be a contender if we are cheap.

Also, just because you want to max a top 10 player, doesn't mean you'll get your hands on one or that any would want to come here.

So this all sounds like lip service to me.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        I'd max a top 12 guy.....lol

But seriously.....lets get real here. There are 30 teams in the NBA. We will never be a contender if we are cheap.

Also, just because you want to max a top 10 player, doesn't mean you'll get your hands on one or that any would want to come here.

So this all sounds like lip service to me.
                        This is all fair, and I've said I'm ok with maxing DeMar. Most of my posts in the last two pages have been about how DeMar becomes closer to a top 10 player.

Comment

This is all fair, and I've said I'm ok with maxing DeMar. Most of my posts in the last two pages have been about how DeMar becomes closer to a top 10 player.
                          This will never happen.

I know DeMar has gotten better this year. But how is he going to get better than any of the following players:

LeBron
                          Curry
                          Durant
                          Davis
                          Harden
                          CP3
                          Westbrook
                          Kawhi
                          Griffin
                          Lowry

Among others... Let's temper our expectations a bit. He doesn't need to be a top 10 player and he's not going to get there, those guys are all on a totally different level.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            This will never happen.

I know DeMar has gotten better this year. But how is he going to get better than any of the following players:

LeBron
                            Curry
                            Durant
                            Davis
                            Harden
                            CP3
                            Westbrook
                            Kawhi
                            Griffin
                            Lowry

Among others... Let's temper our expectations a bit. He doesn't need to be a top 10 player and he's not going to get there, those guys are all on a totally different level.
                            You're right, but he can definitely get closer than where he right now with better playmaking and more consistent defense, wouldn't you agree?

Comment

You're all over the place dude. You just said you were not comfortable maxing a non top10 league wide player. But now you are, unless you are suggesting Demar is a top 10 player. Also, none of your posts in the past few pages have been about what Demar need to do to become a top 10 player. It's been about how Demar is limited and that it hurts the team. You have been trying your best to find evidence of that, and that's fine. But I think you're approach is flawed. My guess, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you are basically perusing the stats databases looking for evidence of Demar's inefficiencies and weaknesses. Which is why, I think, you have been all over the place with the stats and arguments. demar doesn't pass enough, no he doesn't pass enough to JV, no he doesn't actively look to bend defences to make a pass, he only passes X number of times and most of those are to Scola, etc etc. There does not seem to be a unifying theme of your stats pulling that suggest anything useful about Demar. You might wanna try asking a question, then determining what stats could be used to answer the question, then analyze those stats and then draw a conclusion. It seems like you are starting with a conclusion and working backwards.

Comment

• If I wanted to find evidence of DeMar's inefficiencies and weaknesses, those are easy to find. In the last 800 pages they've all been gone over. I'm not trying to do that, I'm trying to say he can be a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X