No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so of all the people who think casey is speaking directly to them, who actually is a basement dweller?

if you aren't he isn't talking about you. didn't read him call out mchappy, or danh or snooch or whomever. does every basement dweller comment anyone says bring up these emotions of personal attack?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Think you were simply late to the party. This is a conversation that has been going on for years. Hard for you to really summarize years of debate when you've only been here since May.
      Well I'm talking about what I was reading during the summer. Why are people acting like this is what they've been saying all along when it's absolutely not what I was reading?

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Youre such a good messageboarder hahaha

Like a Lawyer.

Don't trust lawyers.

But it's true, we see all the exact same type of comments last year when we were winning, then we started sucking and the pendulum swung the other way. This season, we started hot, DD fans were loudest, then we struggled and they quieted and then back up again.

It's the long game here that matters, not all this petty day to day junk.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

yes, but you think they just don't care.... thats not the case, they simply know its a product of a very, very fast pace and a commotion offence. But damn are they amazing to watch. Just the full on, 5 player skill level and commitment to speed. I love it. I think were kinda on the same page here Barolt

What I'm trying to say is that the value of statistics is that they can put things in context. The Warriors motion is fun to watch and really good, but how good, historically? The eye test has a hard time answering that easily. Statistics can do that fairly simply, including things like adjusting for pace changing as the years go on.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            Well I'm talking about what I was reading during the summer. Why are people acting like this is what they've been saying all along when it's absolutely not what I was reading?
            All along. As in years of this debate with the same users. You're simply taking a small sample because you weren't here.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              so of all the people who think casey is speaking directly to them, who actually is a basement dweller?

if you aren't he isn't talking about you. didn't read him call out mchappy, or danh or snooch or whomever. does every basement dweller comment anyone says bring up these emotions of personal attack?
              I don't even have a basement, man. My house is sitting on bedrock.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Don't trust lawyers.

But it's true, we see all the exact same type of comments last year when we were winning, then we started sucking and the pendulum swung the other way. This season, we started hot, DD fans were loudest, then we struggled and they quieted and then back up again.

It's the long game here that matters, not all this petty day to day junk.
                DD's best play was actually in December not during our scorching January.

Comment

This is true, he did regress a bit in January and people haven't made a big deal out of it, because the team has been doing so well. I just hope when we eventually get Carroll back that it can fix DeMar's game a bit.

Although, in the meantime, I think we should just put Ross/Patterson in the starting lineup so Lowry/DeMar can get some easy possessions early in the game.

Comment

Weird, don't remember typing January or December or any other month at all. Must have blacked out.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      This is true, he did regress a bit in January and people haven't made a big deal out of it, because the team has been doing so well. I just hope when we eventually get Carroll back that it can fix DeMar's game a bit.

Although, in the meantime, I think we should just put Ross/Patterson in the starting lineup so Lowry/DeMar can get some easy possessions early in the game.
                      Yeah he regressed from near Kobe level to still clearly star level play. I think that's ok.

Comment

Except, hasn't this simply been what he has been working toward... I mean, i always saw it this way. I guess other people didn't. I'm used to that though.

:P
                        A lot of good discussion, debate and dare I even say common-ground has often gotten lost in this thread, amidst all the "hater" and "fanboy" trash talk. With a few extremists on either end of the spectrum and the passion from a lot hardcore fans, I suppose that was inevitable, especially in the thread dedicated to dissecting a single player. haha

I readily admit that I doubted he would escape my criticism of being an "inefficient, one-dimensional scorer". A large part of this was his own comments on the subject, which caused lots of eye-rolling and head-smacking. He didn't seem to see the bigger picture, which caused his BB-IQ to be questioned. With age, maturity and experience, it looks this season as though he is finally getting it - color me impressed, though he still needs to do so consistently.

If he can add a consistent ~35%+ 3point shot, he and his supporters can absolutely use #provem with me, and I'll take my crow well-done. That was the only aspect of his game that I had absolutely no faith in, after hearing all about it being a focus for at least 3 different offseasons, with no actual improvements being seen on the court. I'll be the first to give him kudos if he in fact proves me wrong about his 3pt shooting, but I'm talking about maintaining multiple seasons of ~35% 3pt shooting on a statistically relevant number of attempt (ie: actually working it into his game-to-game arsenal).
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Feb 3, 2016, 12:52 PM.

Comment

No it would not.
                          How the fuck you figure that?

Replace casey with a coach that does not have his offense based on a nonshooting shooting guard and demars numbers plummet.

That is without contestation as demar lacks the skill neccessary to fit in different systems

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah he regressed from near Kobe level to still clearly star level play. I think that's ok.
                            December was good, but it was not 'near Kobe level', if we're talking about peak Kobe. It wasn't close.

Comment

The point is that there is no trend for title winning teams other than superstar talent, with the occasional exception of a superstar assembly of players (Detroit in '04). There's no rule for what you have to have at each position. Your center doesn't NEED to be a low-post guy who can give you 20 a night on the block, your PG doesn't need to be a Steve Nash type leading the league in assists, your SG doesn't need to be a sniper from the arc.

There are so many different ways to construct a team. People want to construct these labels for what each position has to be good at and then disqualify a player from ever being a key player on a championship team (like what's done to DeMar) because they don't fit the labels they have created.
                              Outside of the last few years....an awful lot of teams had a go to bigman down low or a player that could consistantly post up down there, and last i checked nash didnt win any titles

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                To say this so definitively is just silly though. Unless you could perhaps back this up somehow?
                                Well kind of hard to back it up other than having people look at numbers under triano and under casey

It is a very simple concept to grasp and incredibly difficult to prove incorrect. But anyone who looks around at other teams system and imagine demar in the sg roll would easily come to the same definitive conclusion i do

Comment

Working...
                                X