Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Would like to know the numbers when he's guarding his position (SG) vs. SF (due to Carroll's absence).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DeMar's only good defensive lineups over the last 10 games are when he's out there with Ross. Every lineup with DeMar, without Ross has a DRtg over 100. In his top 5 most played lineups, every lineup with Ross has a DRtg under 90.

For Ross, every lineup with more than 20 minutes played in the last 10 games has a Drtg under 90.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      His DFG% numbers are pretty mediocre for the whole season, so it doesn't really matter.

DeRozan's never been a good defender, just ok there nothing special not a sieve either.
      60% DFG is a sieve. Also, WAY above his season average. He might actually be playing worse defense of late.

Comment

You either don't get it or you just don't want to get it. I'm done.
        way to prove a point there...smh

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          60% DFG is a sieve. Also, WAY above his season average. He might actually be playing worse defense of late.
          Those aren't his numbers on the whole season though.

This year DD's allowing a bit higher DFG% than he normally does, particularly from 3 where he's allowing 42%. I don't think he's become a worse defender. The past couple years his DFG% has been around/slightly below (below meaning he allowed a slightly lower percentage) league averages.

Comment

You put in place a system to maximize all the players on your team and put everyone in a position to succeed. That's what good teams do.
            but our team doesnt do that.

Our team maximizes one, arguably 2 players, and throws everyone else out there to compensate. This team does not run Carroll or JV effectively. Also does not was not using Ross or Patterson properly for the longest time and has only recently appeared to rectify that.

Great teams run systems that fit every single player, and run it consistently.

Comment

Those aren't his numbers on the whole season though.

This year DD's allowing a bit higher DFG% than he normally does, particularly from 3 where he's allowing 42%. I don't think he's become a worse defender. The past couple years his DFG% has been around/slightly below (below meaning he allowed a slightly lower percentage) league averages.
              I agree. He's a slightly below average defender on the whole. He's been a worse defender lately, whether it's fatigue or indifference.

Comment

I agree. He's a slightly below average defender on the whole. He's been a worse defender lately, whether it's fatigue or indifference.
                You have a really bad habit of trying to extrapolate too much information from small sample sets.

Comment

i would wager it is more fatigue.

Tiring playing that high of usage, and the style of foul me please game that demar is currently deploying.

He is going to break down, said it months ago that spurred on a whole Demar can be like Pierce debate

Comment

You have a really bad habit of trying to extrapolate too much information from small sample sets.
                    wow, if that isnt the pot calling the kettle an extrapolator.

Comment

Actually, I went looking for the stats based on the fact that watching the games I felt like he'd been worse lately, a step slow and sagging off more often.

Comment

Actually, I went looking for the stats based on the fact that watching the games I felt like he'd been worse lately, a step slow and sagging off more often.
                        Alright man, then I guess you confirmed what your eyes are seeing.

Comment

Alright man, then I guess you confirmed what your eyes are seeing.
                          Woah. I pull stats I get killed for being a stats guy, I tell you what I'm seeing watching the games I get killed for confirmation bias. Can't win for losing.

If I'm wrong when I use stats, and wrong when I use the eye test, maybe you can tell me what I'm supposed to use to evaluate games.

Comment

Woah. I pull stats I get killed for being a stats guy, I tell you what I'm seeing watching the games I get killed for confirmation bias. Can't win for losing.

If I'm wrong when I use stats, and wrong when I use the eye test, maybe you can tell me what I'm supposed to use to evaluate games.
                            You're doing it exactly right, for a fan with limited access to all the information required to make an informed decision. If you were a coach or a GM and you were using the same basis for decisions, without using all the other info and tools at your disposal, I would be disappointed in you as a fan of the franchise.

Fans have barely enough info to craft an informed opinion. We don't have enough info to say we definitely know better than someone with more info and more experience at their disposal. You can *think* you do, but you can't *know*. And when others suggest a different opinion from yours based on the same basic stats and info, you kind of have to take their opinions at the same face value as theirs, no?
                            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Oh, you can evaluate games all you want, just do not evaluate anything negative about Demar.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                                You're doing it exactly right, for a fan with limited access to all the information required to make an informed decision. If you were a coach or a GM and you were using the same basis for decisions, without using all the other info and tools at your disposal, I would be disappointed in you as a fan of the franchise.

Fans have barely enough info to craft an informed opinion. We don't have enough info to say we definitely know better than someone with more info and more experience at their disposal. You can *think* you do, but you can't *know*. And when others suggest a different opinion from yours based on the same basic stats and info, you kind of have to take their opinions at the same face value as theirs, no?
                                I like this. Subject matter experts deserve a large degree of deference, especially when they have access to information you don't have, so, people should be more modest (is that the right word?) in their proclamations. Having said that: subject matter experts are not always right and some are good at what they do and some aren't. If a SME is consistently wrong or unsuccessful as compared to his peers then it is fair for any observer to point that out. The idea that only other SMEs can legitimately criticize their peers is absurd and ludicrous.

As for Casey, I have always maintained that he takes way to much heat around these parts and there is an arrogance from certain people that pushes me to defend Casey more than I would otherwise. At the same time, there are legitimate criticisms of Casey that are presented here and elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X