Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    This is such a sports cliche, it's not even real. If you're relying on Casey techs to get you motivated then there's something wrong. I know it's supposed to show Casey standing up for his guys, but I think he's built up that relationship with his players enough that they already know it. I mean watch Casey during the game, he's working the refs 95% of the time and every time you see DeRozan or Lowry complaining about a no call Casey is right there alongside them.
    I tend to agree. It sounds great when you say it out loud; Casey should be getting technicals to "light a fire under the team's ass!" and to "show his players that he has their back!" but I doubt the Raptors actually gain anything tangible when it happens.

I'm not saying that team's can't play better after their coaches take a tech - but is it directly correlated or just a coincidence? Aren't there situations where we actually hand momentum to the other team when Casey takes a tech too?

Comment

• Casey already got a (momentum killing) tech last game. For standing up for his guys? No, for wandering on the court during play like a pounded rock gone astray
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        I tend to agree. It sounds great when you say it out loud; Casey should be getting technicals to "light a fire under the team's ass!" and to "show his players that he has their back!" but I doubt the Raptors actually gain anything tangible when it happens.

I'm not saying that team's can't play better after their coaches take a tech - but is it directly correlated or just a coincidence? Aren't there situations where we actually hand momentum to the other team when Casey takes a tech too?
        The other benefit is (sometimes) getting the refs to acknowledge a poor call. Seems rare for a coach to get T'd up, and still have the majority of calls go against his team.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          The other benefit is (sometimes) getting the refs to acknowledge a poor call. Seems rare for a coach to get T'd up, and still have the majority of calls go against his team.
          I think you can get the referee to acknowledge a blown call without taking it to the level where you pick a technical. It's not as if Casey is just sitting there on the sidelines with his hands in his pockets the entire game - he's on the refs the entire way.
          Last edited by Fully; Tue Mar 8, 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Old article, but somewhat relevant to the discussions of DeMar's 3pt shooting:

http://nyloncalculus.com/2014/08/29/...ing-stabilize/

Keep in mind, he has yet to take 750 3pt attempts in his career. So we haven't even hit the point for his entire career where his 3pt shooting is more data than noise.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              Nice "argument".
              Its on you if you don't understand the post. It ain't an argument, its a request.

Comment

• this thread is like this sometimes lmao
                Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Mar 9, 2016, 03:41 PM.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

this thread is like this sometimes lmao
                  Damn this 10 second tease! Really wanted to see DeRozan get thrown into the lower bowl.

Comment

• Demar Derozan Tonight

38 pts
                    10 rebs
                    7 asts
                    2 stls
                    1 blk
                    13/26 FG
                    12/15 FT
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I've said it before DeMar DeRozan is the type of player raptor fans deserve
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Mar 12, 2016, 11:42 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Meh

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I've said it before DeMar DeRozan is the type of player raptor fans deserve
                            We deserve fuckin prime MJ for the crap we've endured over the years but yeah sure... DeMar will do I guess.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Meh
                              Lol

Soak it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Lol

Soak it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                The hatred is real.

That attitude irks me, because at that point I'm not even sure if the person is supporting the team or just their own agenda. If a player in your team is performing at an elite level that shouldn't upset you, it's great for the basketball team. DeRozan putting up 35-10-7 obviously fucking helps us win. DeRozan playing at a star level, helps us win.

Have never understood this idea of rooting for players or coaches on your team to fail just so they can go out the door. How about rooting for them to improve and become great contributors so that the team can get better? And that's exactly what DeRozan has done and is continuing to do.

Aside from that, really liked the way he defended Joe Johnson in the 4th/OT. Obviously JJ isn't actually a star anymore, but it does show that DeRozan can dig-in and defend in a pinch which is great to see. Will be important in the playoffs down the stretch in close games.

Comment

Working...
                                X