No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I don't even know what to say anymore. His game is so much better, it is actually incredible. I was always a DeMar booster (partially because I think a good drive/foul game is a bit underrated by the collective consciousness and just because I found him super likable as a person) but he's exceeded my hopes. He's probably one of the best 20 players in the NBA this season and is perhaps other than Harden the most relentless and successful perimeter player going to rim in the league. Is his game the most pretty? Not always or at all, but there is a beauty in how tirelessly he attacks and his grace around the rim. This game marks the improvement most obviously as he went toe to toe with Johnson (who owned him pretty decently in 2013-2014) and clearly came out the victor.

Is he perfect? No, he still needs to improve his shooting (from 3), a few less turnovers would be nice and the defense which has improved dramatically still has room for growth. But he's a damn great player, the kind of face of the franchise that you can be proud of to represent your team and your community.

And that's the beauty of being a fan of the team. You get to see some raw 19 year old come in and watch him every game slowly become a star. You have experienced the journey and occasionally you need to sit back and just treasure it. There's alot of fretting, worrying and disappointment in sports. Its why we have to take in the joy and the wonder and just marvel at it in order to keep sane during the more difficult times.
    Last edited by Jrice9; Sun Mar 13, 2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
      Like I don't even know what to say anymore. His game is so much better, it is actually incredible. I was always a DeMar booster (partially because I think a good drive/foul game is a bit underrated by the collective consciousness and just because I found him super likable as a person) but he's exceeded my hopes. He's probably one of the best 20 players in the NBA this season and is perhaps other than Harden the most relentless and successful perimeter player going to rim in the league. Is his game the most pretty? Not always or at all, but there is a beauty in how tirelessly he attacks and his grace around the rim. This game marks the improvement most obviously as he went toe to toe with Johnson (who owned him pretty decently in 2013-2014) and clearly came out the victor.

Is he perfect? No, he still needs to improve his shooting (from 3), a few less turnovers would be nice and the defense which has improved dramatically still has room for growth. But he's a damn great player, the kind of face of the franchise that you can be proud of to represent your team and your community.

And that's the beauty of being a fan of the team. You get to see some raw 19 year old come in and watch him every game slowly become a star. You have experienced the journey and occasionally you need to sit back and just treasure it. There's alot of fretting, worrying and disappointment in sports. Its why we have to take in the joy and the wonder and just marvel at it in order to keep sane during the more difficult times.
      ya but he cant shoot 3's....

Comment

• Nothing wrong with the way DD played last night. He was good on both side of the ball

Meh was just to get all the phallic sucking out of the way.

Dude has one of his best games ever and people think he does it consistently

Comment

• Stud.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Nothing wrong with the way DD played last night. He was good on both side of the ball

He's 10th in offensive win shares, and 9th in points per game including 25.3 ppg post all star.

Not sure how many guys put up these type of games consistently? Curry? Harden? Durant?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              The hatred is real.

That attitude irks me, because at that point I'm not even sure if the person is supporting the team or just their own agenda. If a player in your team is performing at an elite level that shouldn't upset you, it's great for the basketball team. DeRozan putting up 35-10-7 obviously fucking helps us win. DeRozan playing at a star level, helps us win.

Have never understood this idea of rooting for players or coaches on your team to fail just so they can go out the door. How about rooting for them to improve and become great contributors so that the team can get better? And that's exactly what DeRozan has done and is continuing to do.

Aside from that, really liked the way he defended Joe Johnson in the 4th/OT. Obviously JJ isn't actually a star anymore, but it does show that DeRozan can dig-in and defend in a pinch which is great to see. Will be important in the playoffs down the stretch in close games.
              Completely agree. Anyone upset or brushing off Demar's performance last night is honestly being very ridiculous. And I'm not even a big Demar fan
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the way DD played last night. He was good on both side of the ball

He has been playing like this on the OFFENSIVE end consistently though. Have you not been watching the games? I'm so confused. The defense he played on JJ is not something he does often but offensively this is what he's been doing
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  He has been playing like this on the OFFENSIVE end consistently though. Have you not been watching the games? I'm so confused. The defense he played on JJ is not something he does often but offensively this is what he's been doing
                  He's been a top 10 offensive player this year.

He's 9th in the NBA in scoring at 23.8 ppg. Shooting almost 45 percent on his field goals.

It's sad, but I honestly believe the guy stopped watching many of the games.

Just a reminder.......This is the same poster who said that he hopes that we lose in the first round so that Casey and Demar will be gone.

The same poster who prefers that we let Demar walk for nothing in the off-season.

The guy walked out on this year's team a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    He's been a top 10 offensive player this year.

He's 9th in the NBA in scoring at 23.8 ppg. Shooting almost 45 percent on his field goals.

It's sad, but I honestly believe the guy stopped watching many of the games.

Just a reminder.......This is the same poster who said that he hopes that we lose in the first round so that Casey and Demar will be gone.

The same poster who prefers that we let Demar walk for nothing in the off-season.

The guy walked out on this year's team a long time ago.

Agreed. I'm negative but damn lol.

Comment

Nobody was sucking his dick. People have a right to get excited and hyped about one of their teams players having a big game.

If you have a problem with that, then I'm not sure what you expect. It's a Raptors fan forum, people are going to get excited about big games from the teams star players...

You seem to have no problem piling on after bad games or isolated mistakes in individual games. But when he has success you want everyone to shut up? Cut that noise man it's bullshit.

Comment

He's 10th in offensive win shares, and 9th in points per game including 25.3 ppg post all star.

Not sure how many guys put up these type of games consistently? Curry? Harden? Durant?
                        I liked this for posting the stats, let's chill a bit on CUrry/Harden/Durant tho lol. DD doesn't have the dazzling efficiency quite yet.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I've said it before DeMar DeRozan is the type of player raptor fans deserve
                          .. but not the one we need right now.

Had to.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            I liked this for posting the stats, let's chill a bit on CUrry/Harden/Durant tho lol. DD doesn't have the dazzling efficiency quite yet.
                            Just to put this in perspective. DeMar had a nice game last night, possibly the best game of his career, at 38/10/7 on 50% from the field. Basketball Reference's GameScore stat ranks it the 107th best individual performance of the season.

The top 5?

AD's 59/20/4 on 70.6% from the field.
                            Curry's 53/4/9 on 63% from the field.
                            Lillard's 51/0/7(with 6 steals and no turnovers) on 64.3% from the field.
                            Curry's 51/7/8 on 74.1% from the field.
                            CP3's 40/8/13 on 65.0% from the field.

Also in the top 10:

8. Lowry's 43/5/9 on 75% from the field.

In fact, Lowry has 3 games this season that rank higher than DeMar's performance last night.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Like I don't even know what to say anymore. His game is so much better, it is actually incredible. I was always a DeMar booster (partially because I think a good drive/foul game is a bit underrated by the collective consciousness and just because I found him super likable as a person) but he's exceeded my hopes. He's probably one of the best 20 players in the NBA this season and is perhaps other than Harden the most relentless and successful perimeter player going to rim in the league. Is his game the most pretty? Not always or at all, but there is a beauty in how tirelessly he attacks and his grace around the rim. This game marks the improvement most obviously as he went toe to toe with Johnson (who owned him pretty decently in 2013-2014) and clearly came out the victor.

Very well put.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Just to put this in perspective. DeMar had a nice game last night, possibly the best game of his career, at 38/10/7 on 50% from the field. Basketball Reference's GameScore stat ranks it the 107th best individual performance of the season.

The top 5?

AD's 59/20/4 on 70.6% from the field.
                                Curry's 53/4/9 on 63% from the field.
                                Lillard's 51/0/7(with 6 steals and no turnovers) on 64.3% from the field.
                                Curry's 51/7/8 on 74.1% from the field.
                                CP3's 40/8/13 on 65.0% from the field.

Also in the top 10:

8. Lowry's 43/5/9 on 75% from the field.

In fact, Lowry has 3 games this season that rank higher than DeMar's performance last night.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                                Thanks for the perspective.

Not sure if this diminishes anything.

Those guys had great/legendary games for sure. This doesn't mean that Demar just had a "nice game" as you say. He had an awesome/great game period.

Basketball References GameScore stat ranking means absolutely NOTHING. Demar isn't a superstar, so throwing out superstars and their numbers don't mean much to me at all.

Here's another perspective....

If JV had 38 pts 10 Rebs and 7 ast, the praise would be endless!!

If TRoss had 38 pts 10 Rebs and 7 ast, people would be saying how TRoss is the future of this team and how much he has grown.

DD had 38 pts 10 rebounds and 7 ast and it was a nice game.

The bias....oh the bias.

Last edited by special1; Sun Mar 13, 2016, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X