Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If he could average 20 / 5 / 5, I would be quite impressed. Expecting anything more than 5 rebounds/assists per game, over the course of an entire season, is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Even 5 & 5 is setting the bar pretty high, but that is what I expect to justify the new $9.5M annual salary.
    Not a lot of players average 5 & 5; for his salary he doesn't have to do that. If he gets it up just a little bit from now but with improved defense and preferably improved efficiency while more consistently getting to the line I think he's doing pretty much ok for his salary. Adding some range would be a bonus, but getting that from elsewhere on the team would be ok as well.

I'm not expecting drastic improvement, I'm already pleasantly suprised with his improvement so far this year, consistency on both ends would go a long way.

Comment

• He's going to be a career 20, 5 and 5 kind of guy at best IMO, which I am perfectly fine with. I think the prediction of him averaging 20 and 10 is extremely absurd. No way will he ever average 10 assists per game. Even top playmaking PG's don't average that other then Rondo.

Comment

• Dunk wrote: View Post
        He's going to be a career 20, 5 and 5 kind of guy at best IMO, which I am perfectly fine with. I think the prediction of him averaging 20 and 10 is extremely absurd. No way will he ever average 10 assists per game. Even top playmaking PG's don't average that other then Rondo.
        +1
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• For me, it has nothing to do with DeRozan's numbers, and everything to do with how he fits the team. A high-usage, low-efficiency player, who can't create shots, can't shoot, and can't defend, is a horribly poor fit on the wing with Gay.

DeRozan's game (or lack thereof) doesn't fit this team going forward.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            For me, it has nothing to do with DeRozan's numbers, and everything to do with how he fits the team. A high-usage, low-efficiency player, who can't create shots, can't shoot, and can't defend, is a horribly poor fit on the wing with Gay.

DeRozan's game (or lack thereof) doesn't fit this team going forward.
            His inconsistencies drive me nuts. One game rebounds like crazy then disappears for long stretches. Next game he has crazy assists then none to be seen for games on end. Plays great on defense for a trip or two and then starts watching.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              His inconsistencies drive me nuts. One game rebounds like crazy then disappears for long stretches. Next game he has crazy assists then none to be seen for games on end. Plays great on defense for a trip or two and then starts watching.
              But he has been consistent with his 4th quarter vanishing acts....

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Ya I've noticed this for a while. He doesn't play with a lot of enthusiasm and energy. He's just going through the motions sometimes

Comment

• way too much flip flop guy drops 20 for like 5 games straight gets punished and beaten up in a hard fought win dropping 21 against Indi and struggles against against NOH shooting 3 of 7 which is roughly 45% and having 7 points "OMG he sucks why do we even have him" Give Demar a break he had a lazy game last night a lot of the team was just going through the motions Indiana was a tough game.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    way too much flip flop guy drops 20 for like 5 games straight gets punished and beaten up in a hard fought win dropping 21 against Indi and struggles against against NOH shooting 3 of 7 which is roughly 45% and having 7 points "OMG he sucks why do we even have him" Give Demar a break he had a lazy game last night a lot of the team was just going through the motions Indiana was a tough game.
                    Yeah, team rarely ran stuff for Demar. Plus, like you said, he played well in a very, very tough game. While Demar played sub-par against a bad team. I would much rather be happier with a guy that shows up vs. good teams, over showing up vs. bad teams.

Comment

way too much flip flop guy drops 20 for like 5 games straight gets punished and beaten up in a hard fought win dropping 21 against Indi and struggles against against NOH shooting 3 of 7 which is roughly 45% and having 7 points "OMG he sucks why do we even have him" Give Demar a break he had a lazy game last night a lot of the team was just going through the motions Indiana was a tough game.
                      I think it's just natural progression, in the wake of his huge contract extension.

- top 10 draft pick
                      - given lots of playing time from day 1
                      - hailed as the next franchise player
                      - becomes face of the franchise, praised by ownership, management and coaches
                      - thrust into role of primary scoring option, despite being a one-dimensional, inefficient scorer
                      - signed big contract extension (roughly $10M)
                      - slowly called out by more and more fans, for not playing up to the expections set (some fairly, some unfairly) by all of the above

Bargnani? DeRozan? Both!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I think it's just natural progression, in the wake of his huge contract extension.

- top 10 draft pick
                        - given lots of playing time from day 1
                        - hailed as the next franchise player
                        - becomes face of the franchise, praised by ownership, management and coaches
                        - thrust into role of primary scoring option, despite being a one-dimensional, inefficient scorer
                        - signed big contract extension (roughly $10M)
                        - slowly called out by more and more fans, for not playing up to the expections set (some fairly, some unfairly) by all of the above

Bargnani? DeRozan? Both!
                        +1

I am not a big fan of DeRozan and even less so of his contract but he has played up to my expectations. A decent/good pick from The Spin Doctor.

Who will be the next target of the fans' ire? I would hedge my bet on Ross and Valanciunas in a couple of years.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          +1

I am not a big fan of DeRozan and even less so of his contract but he has played up to my expectations. A decent/good pick from The Spin Doctor.

Who will be the next target of the fans' ire? I would hedge my bet on Ross and Valanciunas in a couple of years.
                          Seems like Ross. Valanciunas has proved he can/will be a star. Ross has shown stints that he could be a star. Not to mention everyone has basically guaranteed he will be a star, and I don't see him as a star. A good, talented player, but no star. Like I said, I compare him to a J.R Smith type player with defense.

Comment

• In other news DeRozan got his wife to be pregnant Wouldnt be surprised if it happened as soon as he inked his new deal cause that will definitely get those panties dropping.

Go Demar lol.

Comment

In other news DeRozan got his wife to be pregnant Wouldnt be surprised if it happened as soon as he inked his new deal cause that will definitely get those panties dropping.

Go Demar lol.
                              "I bet them neighbors know my name"

Not gonna lie, but Demar's fiancee is a dime.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                "I bet them neighbors know my name"

Not gonna lie, but Demar's fiancee is a dime.
                                Lol agreed, has anyone seen Lowry and Gay's girlfriends?

Comment

Working...
                                X