Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torch19 wrote: View Post
    I think his handles have improved or at least he is more comfortable taking his man off the bounce. His off hand dribbling is still an issue, however.
    Improved yes, but it's still a big limitation in his game.

As for the shooting, it's becoming a hindrance too. When the ball is swung, how often do we see DeRozan receive a wide open pass behind the 3pt line, only to pass up the shot and dribble into traffic? DeRozan's game hurt's the offense.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

As for the shooting, it's becoming a hindrance too. When the ball is swung, how often do we see DeRozan receive a wide open pass behind the 3pt line, only to pass up the shot and dribble into traffic? DeRozan's game hurt's the offense.
      Yet he was the only effective offensive weapon last night. Everyone else couldn't throw the ball in the Atlantic ocean

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Yet he was the only effective offensive weapon last night. Everyone else couldn't throw the ball in the Atlantic ocean
        He did have a good game Monday night. I'm just not a fan of his game as a shooting guard.

Comment

• DeRozan isnt your atypical shooting guard....the league in general isnt so atypical anymore.True SGs true PGs true Centers are a shirt commodity its just how things are nowadays.

Comment

• I'm not sure how we're defining a "true SG". I just think that a wing player should be able to hit the 3, and create his own shot in ISO situations. It's hard to win without that element.

Comment

I'm not sure how we're defining a "true SG". I just think that a wing player should be able to hit the 3, and create his own shot in ISO situations. It's hard to win without that element.
              Rudy can do that, So can lowry to some extent. So i don't see it being a huge problem

Comment

You wouldn't have liked Michael Jordan, he only shot 31-189 from 3 in his first 4 seasons in the league.

Comment

• qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
                  You wouldn't have liked Michael Jordan, he only shot 31-189 from 3 in his first 4 seasons in the league.
                  Jordan had the ball skills to get by his defender whenever he wanted, and finish in traffic. DeRozan does not.

Comment

Jordan had the ball skills to get by his defender whenever he wanted, and finish in traffic. DeRozan does not.
                    Well last night didn't seem like anyone could keep DD infront of them. His 23 lol
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Well last night didn't seem like anyone could keep DD infront of them. His 23 lol
                      He played well last night, no doubt. Arguably his best game as a pro....which is why it's best not to put too much weight on it.

Comment

• Not to mention he was nailing all of his long 2's. they aren't going to fall every night, but its nice to see how far his game has evolved

Comment

• His 23 and he is top 5 in scoring at his position.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I was only responding to your point about his poor 3 pt shooting hurting the offence, I would never say that Demar is anywhere near as good as MJ but it's not fair to automatically write off Demar because he's a poor 3pt shooter. He's got a good mid-range game, developing handles, great athleticism, growing ability to finish in traffic, and something that only a couple of players on this team have: WORK ETHIC. That mixed with his innate ability to get to the line will make him a 20-5-4 player in the near future.

Comment

• Not to mention, he actually gets calls now. His post game has improved, release is looking cleaner although he tends to fade, he elevates well and he is getting more comfortable handling the ball. He still needs consistency overall but he has taken a big step forward as a professional.

His defense, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Can you improve your lateral quicks? I'm not sure if he can but it would be nice for him to be as physical and aggressive on defense as he is scoring.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                                Not to mention, he actually gets calls now. His post game has improved, release is looking cleaner although he tends to fade, he elevates well and he is getting more comfortable handling the ball. He still needs consistency overall but he has taken a big step forward as a professional.

His defense, however, leaves a lot to be desired. Can you improve your lateral quicks? I'm not sure if he can but it would be nice for him to be as physical and aggressive on defense as he is scoring.
                                I personally feel his defense is really good WHEN he puts the effort in. Last night's game, game vs. Clippers in Gay's debut, he was really, really good defensively.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X