No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright folks, If you can make five NBA distance three pointers please film it and post it here.
    Isaac believes in you.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I'm with Isaac on this one. 5 in a row when you are hot is not that much of a big deal.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        I love when people on this forum talk like they're as good as someone in the NBA.

No one here can drain 5 in a row from 23+ feet out.
        I can...and I have. Not very often, but I've done it.

Now put me in a game with a hand in my face and I'll be lucky to hit 1 out of 5
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Yep, making some uncontested, in rhythm practice shots in a row doesn't mean the player is a good in-game shooter.
          It's better than not making shots in practice, at least there's hope. But if you played basketball a lot as a kid, or if you had a strong HS basketball program, you probably have seen a few really good practice shooters.

Btw, all you have to do is watch pre-draft workouts. They are always full of people who can shoot incredibly well against chair defense. For example, look at this Colton Iverson video:

Start at 1:10 for a sequence of 3s, or just watch the entire video, he takes a lot of 3s and long 2s. It's like watching the next Dirk Nowitzki. But this is a workout; the game is different. You don't know if and when you'll get to shoot in game, you'll have people flying at you trying to contest those shots, and there's more pressure too. Colton Iverson is someone who has never taken a 3pt shot in his 4 year college career and only took 9 mid range shots last season. He's an under-60% free throw shooter too.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Not to trying to be negative, but I don't think everyone should get their hopes too high because of an IG video.

It was only 5 shots in a row. Hell, I can make 5 in a row any day and I'm not that great a shooter.

Hope I'm wrong though. Stating the obvious but him being a three-point threat is deadly.
            Well, what exactly are you trying to do? Nobody's going all gaga over the video, only saying the video shows him working at his 3 pt shooting, and that his stroke looks better/smoother. WTF man? Would you prefer to re-live one of the many bitch sessions of how poor a 3 pt shooter he is, and will always be?

Comment

• Alls I'm saying. It's hard to hit five in a row.
              Demar is doing it all day in a gym. You think the camera caught the only five in a row he made all day? He was probably draining well before and after the video was shot.

It's super annoying to see someone be all negative and say stupid shit like "Hell, I can make five in a row any day" in order to discredit a video that hardly means anything anyways.

Comment

• Lol wow, did I ruin this thread?

Comment

• not to be a cynic (and I don't believe this to be true) but doesn't that remind you of an Air Bud movie where the shot is thrown up, goes our of frame and then comes back into frame dropping into the bucket. We just can't see the guy in the crane corralling the crazy shots and dropping them in the bucket

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    not to be a cynic (and I don't believe this to be true) but doesn't that remind you of an Air Bud movie where the shot is thrown up, goes our of frame and then comes back into frame dropping into the bucket. We just can't see the guy in the crane corralling the crazy shots and dropping them in the bucket
                    Or the LeBron James Gatorade commercial from his rookie season where he drains like 5 full court shots in a row lol

Comment

• Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

congrats to demar.. is he our highest ranker?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          Rudy Gay is going to be our highest ranker for sure.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

That's huge for him. I say a year from now his in the top 100
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The 2 guard spot is pretty huge in the NBA, DD's numbers are pretty much in the top five of all 2's in the NBA, his ranking is also BS. Again, guys, don't read this shit, its useless. Hell, they dont even have Amir ranked as a starter in the NBA.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                I don't think they've ranked Rudy or Lowry yet.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X