Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I don't think they've ranked Rudy or Lowry yet.
    I think JV isn't ranked yet too.

Comment

• i'm glad he's ranked lower. It will fuel him to do better.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
        The 2 guard spot is pretty huge in the NBA, DD's numbers are pretty much in the top five of all 2's in the NBA, his ranking is also BS.
        DD's ranks among all shooting guards who played at least 18 MPG:

PER: 19th
        Rebound rate: 39th
        Usage: 12th
        TS%: 39th
        AST rate: 61st
        TO rate: 17th
        PTS/36: 10th

Which of his numbers, exactly, are "pretty much in the top 5 of all 2's in the NBA"?

Oh, right: Points per game. Fifth.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I think JV isn't ranked yet too.
          Yep. JV wasn't ranked yet either. I was expecting him to be among the 101-120 guys and meanwhile they got down to 91 and still no JV, so I'm getting anxious. They're obviously high on JV.

Well, I mean ESPN is projecting JV to average 16.4ppg 8.5rpg 1.8bpg this season in 33.8mpg.

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/tools/p...t&proTeamId=28

I would be extremely happy with those numbers, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I expect more along the lines of 13ppg, 8rpg and 2bpg in about 30mpg.

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
            DD's ranks among all shooting guards who played at least 18 MPG:

PER: 19th
            Rebound rate: 39th
            Usage: 12th
            TS%: 39th
            AST rate: 61st
            TO rate: 17th
            PTS/36: 10th

Which of his numbers, exactly, are "pretty much in the top 5 of all 2's in the NBA"?

Oh, right: Points per game. Fifth.
            Wow. You've done a great job picking and choosing stats without showing the whole picture.
            Everyone on this thread should already know what DeMar does well, like draw fouls, get to the line,
            handle a high amount of minutes, etc.

The fact that he is ranked 12th in usage yet is 5th in scoring is pretty interesting...
            I'm not saying he's top 5, maybe top 10 at his position, but if you're going to site stats
            to make an argument show both sides and make a balanced argument. Otherwise,
            you appear to have the behavior of a politician rather than someone making a legitimate argument.

Comment

• Oh hey, turns out derozan's gf/fiancee/wife is the girl whos always yelling out the shot clock at games.

Comment

• 12th in usage and 5th in points is all I need to know. I thought he would of been top 5 in usage and like 9th or lower in points. He's a top 10 SG and if you are debating this you are being silly. He's not top 10 rank on ESPN rankings, but they put him behind Crawford, Reddick, Mayo, Allen and I'd probably still choose Derozan over those guards.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  12th in usage and 5th in points is all I need to know. I thought he would of been top 5 in usage and like 9th or lower in points. He's a top 10 SG and if you are debating this you are being silly. He's not top 10 rank on ESPN rankings, but they put him behind Crawford, Reddick, Mayo, Allen and I'd probably still choose Derozan over those guards.
                  He's not 5th in "scoring"; he's 5th in points per game. Usage is a per minute stat. The relevant comparison would be 12th in usage, 15th in points per minute.

Comment

• Meh, stats are for people that dont play ball.

Derozan is a good young 2 guard, his ranking in this ESPN thing is a joke. That is all.

Comment

He's not 5th in "scoring"; he's 5th in points per game. Usage is a per minute stat. The relevant comparison would be 12th in usage, 15th in points per minute.
                      It's really strange to compare per 36 stats when one player plays close to 36 minutes and the other guy doesn't. There's a number of reasons why a guy could be scoring more per minute in less playing time, consisting of but not limited to:

- Playing primarily against 2nd units
                      - Playing with basically maximum energy at all times due to limited minutes
                      - Because they might be on the second unit, could possibly the only primary scorer in their lineup

Comment

Hmmm... DeMar was 4th in minutes played, 19th in Field Goals, 17th in FGA, 7th in FT, 8th in FTA, 11th in points...

He scores a lot of points for the amount of shots he takes, he played the same amount of minutes as Kobe, everyone who made more freethrows than him were all stars, and looking strickly at SGs Kobe, Steph, Monta, and Harden outscored him. He does what he does well, and efficiently when you include free throws as free money.

So why the hate?

If this is about whether he fits on the Raps that's one debate but doubting that he is/or is near a top 10 SG in the league doesn't work for me.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Hmmm... DeMar was 4th in minutes played, 19th in Field Goals, 17th in FGA, 7th in FT, 8th in FTA, 11th in points...

He scores a lot of points for the amount of shots he takes, he played the same amount of minutes as Kobe, everyone who made more freethrows than him were all stars, and looking strickly at SGs Kobe, Steph, Monta, and Harden outscored him. He does what he does well, and efficiently when you include free throws as free money.

So why the hate?

If this is about whether he fits on the Raps that's one debate but doubting that he is/or is near a top 10 SG in the league doesn't work for me.
                          That expression really bothers me.

Just throwing it out there.

You can be skeptical or have doubts without hating the guy.

As for the top 10 SG in the league, if you are talking about top 10 scoring SG you have a great point. However there are many more facets to the game: defense, rebounding, passing, dribbling, moving without the ball to name a few. When looking at the complete package, I do think it is debatable.

Comment

• So how many 3 pointers should DeMar be taking a game 4?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              So how many 3 pointers should DeMar be taking a game 4?
                              I'm not sure but the average per48 minutes is 6.1 as per theNBAgeek.com

So for DD that would be more than tripling his attempts from last season (1.9 per48).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure but the average per48 minutes is 6.1 as per theNBAgeek.com

So for DD that would be more than tripling his attempts from last season (1.9 per48).
                                The answer is much simpler than that, only if he is wide open and his feet are set. No step backs, or pull-ups. Ok if the recipient of good ball movement and the defence is rotating. Otherwise, drives, cut and post-up.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X