Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p00ka wrote: View Post
    I somewhat share your frustration with the view from numerous posters about DeMar, but you gotta end this hissy fit, man
    It's not a hissy fit, I changed my mind. Now that I actually think about it, there's no way this team is going to ever win anything with a guy like DD making so much money.

Maybe if he only cost 5-6M but 9.5 is just way too much for what he does.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
      It's not a hissy fit, I changed my mind. Now that I actually think about it, there's no way this team is going to ever win anything with a guy like DD making so much money.

Maybe if he only cost 5-6M but 9.5 is just way too much for what he does.
      No way man. The more I think about, his contract is a steal. He is only scraping the surface of his potential despite his 4 years in the league. He works hard, he loves Toronto. He can destroy smaller SG's in the post.

Granted he has not played a game on that contract yet but I think Raps really lucked out.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        No way man. The more I think about, his contract is a steal. He is only scraping the surface of his potential despite his 4 years in the league. He works hard, he loves Toronto. He can destroy smaller SG's in the post.

Granted he has not played a game on that contract yet but I think Raps really lucked out.
        Touche

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
          And you guys convinced me otherwise, he's overpaid and needs to go.
          If you're going to cry uncle, at least get it right. We haven't all been saying that Demar needs to go, just that the roster construction with limited, overpaid players, like DD and Gay, is flawed.

Moving either DD or Gay for a shooting wing with less salary should be your petulant posts.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Man, I love the games within games.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              If you're going to cry uncle, at least get it right. We haven't all been saying that Demar needs to go, just that the roster construction with limited, overpaid players, like DD and Gay, is flawed.

Moving either DD or Gay for a shooting wing with less salary should be your petulant posts.
              Only issue is I don't think DD has enough value to get anything in return other than bad contracts or maybe an expiring at best.

DD for Stuckey, call it an offseason.

Comment

• This guy's videos should always be posted automatically to each players thread.

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• The video said "upload from Hasan Alanam" but I thought it said Hassan Adams for a second...bad flashbacks at the Hassassin's time with the Raptors.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    This guy's videos should always be posted automatically to each players thread.

DeMar was straight flexin in that game Knicks could not fuck with him or keep him out of the paint... He also had no real fear of Chandler one of the best defending bigs in the league got him on so many lil fakes, that last score off the JV asisst was so pretty.

Comment

• SB Nation: is this the year DeRozan finally gets recognized?

DeRozan's post game came to the fore a year ago, partially the product of time spent with Hall of Famer Gary Payton. An L.A. native, it's no secret that DeRozan emulates his idol Kobe Bryant, but he's also studied guys like Andre Miller in the post. Now he couldn't be more sure of himself in those situations.

"I know if I can get a player in the air that I can get a foul or get a layup," DeRozan said.
                      Casey credits DeRozan's maturity and his approach, saying that he treats every possession like it's the last two minutes of the fourth quarter. The coach has seen his shooting guard grow up since taking over the team two years ago. DeRozan's heading into his fifth season and, even if he's still learning himself, he's setting an example for others with his work ethic.

"That's why it's so hard when people talk about, ‘This guy's going to come in and take over the league,'" Casey said. "No, it doesn't happen overnight. It's a four-year process, a five-year process when you get a guy out of college. It's very rare a guy comes in and dominates and knows what it takes to dominate because he doesn't have life experiences to go through it. And that's where DeMar is and it's good to see."

"I definitely feel more comfortable than ever," DeRozan said.
                      http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...preseason-2013

Yeah yeah, it's preseason.. but he's still garnering attention with his strong play.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...preseason-2013

Yeah yeah, it's preseason.. but he's still garnering attention with his strong play.
                        Garnering attention but it still needs to be noted it is preseason and the end of last season was, well, the end of the season.... #AprilFoolsGold

I'm rooting for him though. I hope he shows he has finally 'put it together'.

Comment

• he treats every possession like it's the last two minutes of the fourth quarter
                          That's a very important point, and I'm glad it was communicated to DeRozan (and hopefully the whole team). Possessions in the 1st 5 minutes of the game aren't any less important than possessions in the last 5 mins.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Garnering attention but it still needs to be noted it is preseason and the end of last season was, well, the end of the season.... #AprilFoolsGold

I'm rooting for him though. I hope he shows he has finally 'put it together'.
                            The single biggest issue for me (and he isn't the only offender on this team) is his lack of consistency. He has way too many games where he is not good or flat out disappears. That will happen 4-5 times a year, but it can't happen every fourth or fifth game.

If he cleans that up, it will make a big difference for the team and I think it would vastly improve his productivity even if he didn't have the massive 30-pt games.

Comment

• Good watch:

Comment

• From what i've seen, what makes him so different this year than years past is he's making everything looks so effortlessly. He's very efficient scoring the ball. Decision making is superb. He knows what to do whenever he gets the ball. Like i said, he just looks like a different player this year its crazy.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X