Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar is a G he'd do well.

Comment

• Demar looks like he ll net us both of those first picks Charlotte has.... What do you guys like? Demar or 2 first round picks from Charlotte?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        Demar looks like he ll net us both of those first picks Charlotte has.... What do you guys like? Demar or 2 first round picks from Charlotte?

If those picks are lottery picks, they are more valuable than the whole Raptor team

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          If those picks are lottery picks, they are more valuable than the whole Raptor team
          Neither of them are lottery picks.

One is the Blazers pick iirc (top 12 protected), that team looks to be on track to win 50+ games this year.
          The other is the Pistons pick (top 8 protected), who are currently in the playoff picture (and Toronto trading DD would only make it easier for DET to get in).

So in all likelihood the picks would be like 16th and 24th or so.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
            Neither of them are lottery picks.

One is the Blazers pick iirc (top 12 protected), that team looks to be on track to win 50+ games this year.
            The other is the Pistons pick (top 8 protected), who are currently in the playoff picture (and Toronto trading DD would only make it easier for DET to get in).

So in all likelihood the picks would be like 16th and 24th or so.
            Ahh I see. I think Demar can net more than that IMO. Ujiri is THE master manipulator

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              Ahh I see. I think Demar can net more than that IMO. Ujiri is THE master manipulator
              I don't think DD is a player that we should be actively seeking to trade. If a great offer comes along, sure, take it. But it's not like he has to be shipped out in order for us to rebuild.

Comment

I don't think DD is a player that we should be actively seeking to trade. If a great offer comes along, sure, take it. But it's not like he has to be shipped out in order for us to rebuild.
                Agreed. But with his stock high as ever right now, Ujiri might get some enticing offers

Comment

You're right. I guess; But the possibility of the "13 game" phenomena repeating itself scares me... Cash in while we are at it. May be its just me. It was the same with Amit. Not sure if Amir's stock is as high as it once was

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                    You're right. I guess; But the possibility of the "13 game" phenomena repeating itself scares me... Cash in while we are at it. May be its just me. It was the same with Amit. Not sure if Amir's stock is as high as it once was

Sending out DD when his value is at its highest is a definite must for the Raps, because he just isn't the type of player we need to build a franchise around. If we can turn him into some prospects that would be wonderful

As for Amir, he brings a lot to the Raptors, much more than what we could possibly get from trading him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Sending out DD when his value is at its highest is a definite must for the Raps, because he just isn't the type of player we need to build a franchise around. If we can turn him into some prospects that would be wonderful

As for Amir, he brings a lot to the Raptors, much more than what we could possibly get from trading him.
                      So we should flip every player we get that isn't a franchise player for prospects? You realize eventually we would need to pay those prospects right?

I think we should keep DeMar unless it's a can't miss offer. I don't like the idea of completely blowing up the team just because DD (or Amir even) isn't on a rookie-scale deal. He's a starter and a legitimate #2 or #3 option on a contender and is paid as such. Having him here would limit the amount of time we have to spend rebuilding, because we have one less thing to worry about when re-constructing the team. Theoretically, if you were able to move Gay and Lowry, with DD, Val, Ross and Amir in tow, you'd only have to concern yourself with getting a franchise guy at the 1 or 3 via the draft (and conveniently 5 of the top 6 prospects play those positions), and a starter/near all-star type guy at the other position. Then it's about building with those guys.

Comment

So we should flip every player we get that isn't a franchise player for prospects? You realize eventually we would need to pay those prospects right?

I think we should keep DeMar unless it's a can't miss offer. I don't like the idea of completely blowing up the team just because DD (or Amir even) isn't on a rookie-scale deal. He's a starter and a legitimate #2 or #3 option on a contender and is paid as such. Having him here would limit the amount of time we have to spend rebuilding, because we have one less thing to worry about when re-constructing the team. Theoretically, if you were able to move Gay and Lowry, with DD, Val, Ross and Amir in tow, you'd only have to concern yourself with getting a franchise guy at the 1 or 3 via the draft (and conveniently 5 of the top 6 prospects play those positions), and a starter/near all-star type guy at the other position. Then it's about building with those guys.
                        Hooray, you quoted me and argued a point that I didn't even mention

Seriously DD's best use to the franchise right now is to bring in better pieces. He has a role in the league, but not for the where the Raptors want to be in the future.

Comment

Seriously DD's best use to the franchise right now is to bring in better pieces. He has a role in the league, but not for the where the Raptors want to be in the future.
                          You mentioned turning him into prospects because he's not a franchise player.

Comment

Funny how that happens.

Comment

...If we can turn him into some prospects that would be wonderful...
                              Here's the thing. If DD can keep producing at even 80% of the rate he has for the last five games, why would you want "prospects" instead? A player is a prospect because you don't know what he is going to give you. If Dd can put up another 4-5 games like the last 5 (or even close) then he is one of the pieces you keep, because who is going to give you something better? Maybe a team that is desperate to win, and is in a position to trade a young "sure thing" player that hasn't quite hit their stride. But how may of those are there? A team willing to trade a couple of mid draft picks wouldn't cut it.

If DD can come close to producing what he has for the last five on a consistent basis then he is one of your pieces moving forward. So then you have JV, DD, Ross Amir and Fields. You need a really good PG (near all-star level) and a really good PF and a good wing and there is your 8 man rotation.

Comment

Ha, I didn't read this before I posted my reply to an earlier post. Could have saved some typing. Agree except I would rather target a PF than a SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X