No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many people on this forum not happy with DeRozan? I don't really understand the arguments for trading him and moving Ross to the 2. What more do people want? He makes the 60th most money in the league and scores the 11th most. He has kept us in more games then he has cost us with his shooting. I realize haters going to hate but what is the actual rational for the beef?

Comment

• TheMarfin wrote: View Post
      Why are so many people on this forum not happy with DeRozan? I don't really understand the arguments for trading him and moving Ross to the 2. What more do people want? He makes the 60th most money in the league and scores the 11th most. He has kept us in more games then he has cost us with his shooting. I realize haters going to hate but what is the actual rational for the beef?
      I for one, want an equally talented player who's a true 3. That's it.

Trading DD isn't to tank, or get future assets, or because he isn't good enough. It would just be to round out our roster. We have a redundancy at the 2.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
        I for one, want an equally talented player who's a true 3. That's it.

Trading DD isn't to tank, or get future assets, or because he isn't good enough. It would just be to round out our roster. We have a redundancy at the 2.
        I get that from a strictly theoretical stand point. Who though practically? The only SFs that make around the same amount of money are huge downgrades to the overall talent level of the line up. (Ariza, the Matrix, Aminu) Batum is the only comparable guy. Wouldn't the extra money be better spent upgrading elsewhere? Or eventually extending other core players?

Comment

• I'd trade him to get Lebron or Durant.

Comment

• Are people still on about trading our best player since VC? lol Raptor fans are so funny..

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Are people still on about trading our best player since VC? lol Raptor fans are so funny..
              DD is playing great, but Bosh is our best player since VC.

I know a lot of people don't like him anymore but he was better than DeRozan is right now. Scored the same more efficiently.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                I'd trade him to get Lebron or Durant.
                Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Are people still on about trading our best player since VC? lol Raptor fans are so funny..
                Crazy shit, aye. Emerging talent aside, not only an inability/refusal to acknowledge all the much needed intangibles that the organization needs to succeed, and he personifies, but I wonder how much mocking would go on here if Pacers' fans kept going on and on and moving George, because he's not Durant, or OKC fans going on and on about moving Durant, because he's not LeBron.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Good find.

Honestly, not surprised. Demar has never been one to finish strong through contact, he's historically tried to shy away from contact and get the foul call instead of making the basket despite the harm. It seems logical that he would eventually just shy away from contact all together. Amazingly though, he's been consistent at getting to the line. Perhaps he is getting more calls than he used to enough to off-set his decrease in drives.

Random related stat, Demar had 37 'and-1' finishes last season and has a career high of 47 (his 2nd year). Compare to other SGs last year, Wade had 48 (in 69 games and 31 yrs old), Harden had 69 (78 GP), Pierce had 33 (77 GP), Henderson 24 (68 GP), Turner 13 (82 GP). So he isn't in the elite, but is likely the top of a second tier (this isn't a sortable stat, so I literally picked SG one by one to find their stats).
                  His free throw rate is definitely up a tad. So a shot that might have been a FGA near the rim is not counted.

But that same dynamic affects the other guys too.

I also wonder if the reliance on the jumper is a kind of reaction to his belief that he isn't getting a fair whistle. If he feels he is getting hacked without a call (which may or may not be true) then what's the point of driving?

Problem is, we might be able to get away with a jumpshot offense against bad teams in the regular season, but we'll need something more come playoff time.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    His free throw rate is definitely up a tad. So a shot that might have been a FGA near the rim is not counted.

But that same dynamic affects the other guys too.

I also wonder if the reliance on the jumper is a kind of reaction to his belief that he isn't getting a fair whistle. If he feels he is getting hacked without a call (which may or may not be true) then what's the point of driving?

Problem is, we might be able to get away with a jumpshot offense against bad teams in the regular season, but we'll need something more come playoff time.
                    Playoffs are when you need a significant mid range game, so not a bad idea to work on it a lot during regular season. Playoff defenses try to pack the paint and run you off the 3 pt line. You can counter the defenses to some degree, but you're screwed without a mid range game.

Comment

• salmon wrote: View Post
                      Playoffs are when you need a significant mid range game, so not a bad idea to work on it a lot during regular season. Playoff defenses try to pack the paint and run you off the 3 pt line. You can counter the defenses to some degree, but you're screwed without a mid range game.
                      No.

Because if DD can't shoot the three. Team will then take away the mid range and the paint, and he will be screwed. His lack of a three pointer is an Achilles heel

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        No.

Because if DD can't shoot the three. Team will then take away the mid range and the paint, and he will be screwed. His lack of a three pointer is an Achilles heel
                        Yes

Fortunately it's not a 1 on 5 game. He's only part of the offense, and point being would be a big part of a playoff offense, with mid range game, which a team needs in the playoffs, not 1 player providing it all.

Comment

• ^thanks for that insight sherlock

However you need to realize that within the team's defensive scheme there are individual coverages, and if DD doesn't have the 3 point shot, then there is no reason to guard him out there and they will instead take away the paint and crowd him on the mid range and force him to shoot tough jumpers.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            ^thanks for that insight sherlock

However you need to realize that within the team's defensive scheme there are individual coverages, and if DD doesn't have the 3 point shot, then there is no reason to guard him out there and they will instead take away the paint and crowd him on the mid range and force him to shoot tough jumpers.
                            "^thanks for that insight sherlock" - you're welcome child, but doesn't seem you learned anything from it. You're loss.

"However you need to realize...". Nope, it would seem evident that I don't need to realize anything you've got to give. Please try and learn the game better before trying to correct me, then we might be able to have a useful discussion.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what Derozans averages are since the trade?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                Can anyone tell me what Derozans averages are since the trade?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                23.8 PTS, 4.9 REB, 5 AST, 42% FG, 29% 3pt

Comment

Working...
                                X