Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not to mention he learned how to pass.
    A drive to the rim creates some great opportunities for teammates, and he's been taking advantage of that.
    DD drives 6.7 times per game. DD scores 4.6 PPG on drives at 50.8% FG%. The team PPG on drives by DD is 8.6. Therefore, DD accounts for 4.0 PPG on passes out of drives (not necessarily direct Assists for Demar in this regard). Unfortunately we don't have any historical data to compare it to.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Some random DD facts while playing around with the NBA Player Tracker data.

Demar is 2nd on the team with 7.8 Assist Opportunities per game. AOPG is defined basically as it would have been an assist if the teammate had hit the shot but either didn't hit it or chose not to shoot.
      Around the league SG comparisons with very little consideration of who: Beal is 6.0, Gerald Henderson 5.7, Klay Thompson 4.2, Lance Stephenson 9.2

DD travels at the average speed of 4.1 mph, which is the same as JV, Amir, Patterson and former Rap Gay. Ross tops the team at 4.4 mph (tied with Buycks and Acy).

DD physically has possession of the ball 3.0 mins per game. Lowry and GV are obviously the highest, but DD's rate is the same as JV, Ross and Amir (rest of the starters) combined (1.2, 0.9, 0.9) or more than if you switch Amir for Patterson.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Some random DD facts while playing around with the NBA Player Tracker data.

Demar is 2nd on the team with 7.8 Assist Opportunities per game. AOPG is defined basically as it would have been an assist if the teammate had hit the shot but either didn't hit it or chose not to shoot.
        Around the league SG comparisons with very little consideration of who: Beal is 6.0, Gerald Henderson 5.7, Klay Thompson 4.2, Lance Stephenson 9.2

DD travels at the average speed of 4.1 mph, which is the same as JV, Amir, Patterson and former Rap Gay. Ross tops the team at 4.4 mph (tied with Buycks and Acy).

DD physically has possession of the ball 3.0 mins per game. Lowry and GV are obviously the highest, but DD's rate is the same as JV, Ross and Amir (rest of the starters) combined (1.2, 0.9, 0.9) or more than if you switch Amir for Patterson.
        wouldn't AOPG be the same thing as a pass then?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          iwouldn't AOPG be the same thing as a pass then?
          Not necessarily. An outlet pass after a made bucket doesn't do anything to setup your teammate for a bucket.

Comment

i'm confused. wouldn't an AOPG be the same thing as a pass then?
            No. If I pass you the ball as an outlet pass, it wouldn't really be considered an assist opportunity. If I hit you cutting down the lane and you miss the lay-up, that's AOPG.

Comment

• ahhh ok. gotcha! it just seemed worded strangely to me.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                DD drives 6.7 times per game. DD scores 4.6 PPG on drives at 50.8% FG%. The team PPG on drives by DD is 8.6. Therefore, DD accounts for 4.0 PPG on passes out of drives (not necessarily direct Assists for Demar in this regard). Unfortunately we don't have any historical data to compare it to.
                I'll take a stab in the dark and say thats a step up from his past seasons.

Comment

ahhh ok. gotcha! it just seemed worded strangely to me.
                  Sorry, my bad. Official definition only includes missed shots.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    An outlet pass after a made bucket doesn't do anything to setup your teammate for a bucket.
                    While I would generally agree with you, you should tell that to Kevin Love and Corey Brewer:

There's literally 20 videos on YouTube of these two connecting on beautiful outlets for Fast Break points.

Comment

While I would generally agree with you, you should tell that to Kevin Love and Corey Brewer:

There's literally 20 videos on YouTube of these two connecting on beautiful outlets for Fast Break points.
                      Kevin Love is also the exception. Glad he's on my dynasty team

Comment

I'll take a stab in the dark and say thats a step up from his past seasons.
                        That does seem probable. The data exists on the Raps for last year though, but since not all teams had it, NBA isn't sharing it.

At least going forward we will have the info and can pinpoint the exact moment when the "Demar is regressing" debates can begin!

Comment

There are always exceptions to rules

Comment

• Not to start an argument or anything but I find it funny how everyone gets at Demar for his inefficiency but Paul George has been very inefficient lately from what I've seen and no one really get at him for it. Maybe Indiana fans get at him like we do Demar I don't know. And you can't use the well George does other things because so does Demar now. I'm not saying Demar is on George's level he isn't but I just find that very interesting.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              Not to start an argument or anything but I find it funny how everyone gets at Demar for his inefficiency but Paul George has been very inefficient lately from what I've seen and no one really get at him for it. Maybe Indiana fans get at him like we do Demar I don't know. And you can't use the well George does other things because so does Demar now. I'm not saying Demar is on George's level he isn't but I just find that very interesting.
                              Pacers fans definitely get on him. I lurk once in a while ;D
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Ya George is definitely struggling lately...however he is still a better 3 point shooter, a shut down defender, and better at getting to the ft line than DD

Comment

Working...
                                X