Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Ya George is definitely struggling lately...however he is still a better 3 point shooter, a shut down defender, and better at getting to the ft line than DD
    Nope Derozan is better at getting to the FT line
    Derozan takes and makes more the PG
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Wow just looked things up and DD's ftr has jumped 8% in the last month while George's has dropped 7%. I like to use ftr because it is more of an indicator on ability to get to the line than just straight FTA imo.

Well earlier in the new year George was better. DD has certainly made a big jump lately. hmmm

Comment

Ya George is definitely struggling lately...however he is still a better 3 point shooter, a shut down defender, and better at getting to the ft line than DD
        Other than the FT that has to be it. I think the thing that people hate on Derozan for is the long 2 and as long and he keeps taking them everyone will continue to get at him no matter what. And I guess I kind of understand that to an extent. Because if George shoots the same inefficient percentage as Derozan but he takes less long 2's than DD people will get at DD way more than George.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Wow just looked things up and DD's ftr has jumped 8% in the last month while George's has dropped 7%. I like to use ftr because it is more of an indicator on ability to get to the line than just straight FTA imo.

Well earlier in the new year George was better. DD has certainly made a big jump lately. hmmm
          That's good to know.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Other than the FT that has to be it. I think the thing that people hate on Derozan for is the long 2 and as long and he keeps taking them everyone will continue to get at him no matter what. And I guess I kind of understand that to an extent. Because if George shoots the same inefficient percentage as Derozan but he takes less long 2's than DD people will get at DD way more than George.
            Honestly if DD stops with these bad long 2's and takes/makes more 3 point FG's. He could average around 25-28 PPG

Comment

• As much as we rip on Casey and deservingly so, has anyone else notices since Ppat has been a starter our offence at least in first half really focuses on getting corner 3's or at least that is what is happening? Its about damn time and i specifically see Demar Ross and Pat getting those shots which is nice.

One thing i think i am most impressed with Demar has been his Passing/ decision making as they really go hand in hand. Hes been averaging around 5 APG for the past month last i check. Damn impressive and it also passes the eye test not just the number on paper.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                As much as we rip on Casey and deservingly so, has anyone else notices since Ppat has been a starter our offence at least in first half really focuses on getting corner 3's or at least that is what is happening? Its about damn time and i specifically see Demar Ross and Pat getting those shots which is nice.

One thing i think i am most impressed with Demar has been his Passing/ decision making as they really go hand in hand. Hes been averaging around 5 APG for the past month last i check. Damn impressive and it also passes the eye test not just the number on paper.
                DeMar DeRozan is averaging around 27pts 5reb 5ast in the month of February

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                  Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 06:27 AM.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    That is crazy good for him.

Comment

• Would have never guessed even 5 months ago that DD would be playing this good
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• That's 2 rebound and 1 and a half assists per game less than Lebron this season.

Ps here are two statlines this season:

Player A- 22.4 ppg, 6.4 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 44% FG, 1.8 steals, .2 blocks, 20.7 PER, 7.8 WS.
                        Player B- 22.2 PPG, 4.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 42% FG, 1.2 steals, .4 blocks, 18.4 PER, 5.2 WS.

Player a- Paul George, Player B- DD.

Demar has been ballin'.
                        Last edited by TSF; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 05:32 AM.
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                          That's 2 rebound and 1 and a half assists per game less than Lebron this season.

Ps here are two statlines this season:

Player A- 22.4 ppg, 6.4 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 44% FG, 1.8 steals, .2 blocks, 20.7 PER, 7.8 WS.
                          Player B- 22.2 PPG, 4.6 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 42% FG, 1.2 steals, .4 blocks, 18.4 PER, 5.2 WS.

Player a- Paul George, Player B- DD.

Demar has been ballin'.
                          Wow, that's awesome. Not to take anything away from DD, but the difference between those two guys is on the defensive end.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            That is crazy good for him.
                            That is crazy good for 99.9% of the league

Comment

• Good game from Demar last night, it was good to see. Keep it up!!

Comment

• I'm actually wondering what label to place on DeMar in terms of efficiency.

I'm not a huge fan of TS% and eFG% because I think they have more to do with shooting ability (hence the fact that taking and making a lot of 3s increases both of them a lot) than scoring efficiency.

I prefer points per shot. How many points can a player create from the shots they take.

Obviously guys like Durant (1.56 PPS) and Lebron (1.56 PPS) are just ridiculously efficient. But compared to some other similar volume guys DeRozan is not actually that bad in this area. Stephen Curry for example is at 1.34 PPS, Paul George is at 1.28 PPS, LaMarcus Aldridge is at 1.14 PPS, Kyrie Irving is at 1.18 PPS.

DeRozan sits at 1.23 PPS and scores/shoots with similar volume to all of those guys. I actually really think his inefficiency might be a little overstated. That being said, he'd definitely be better as a Robin, taking 15 shots per game with a few of those long fadeaway 2s taken away from his FGA.

Comment

Working...
                                X