Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I'm actually wondering what label to place on DeMar in terms of efficiency.

I'm not a huge fan of TS% and eFG% because I think they have more to do with shooting ability (hence the fact that taking and making a lot of 3s increases both of them a lot) than scoring efficiency.

I prefer points per shot. How many points can a player create from the shots they take.

Obviously guys like Durant (1.56 PPS) and Lebron (1.56 PPS) are just ridiculously efficient. But compared to some other similar volume guys DeRozan is not actually that bad in this area. Stephen Curry for example is at 1.34 PPS, Paul George is at 1.28 PPS, LaMarcus Aldridge is at 1.14 PPS, Kyrie Irving is at 1.18 PPS.

DeRozan sits at 1.23 PPS and scores/shoots with similar volume to all of those guys. I actually really think his inefficiency might be a little overstated. That being said, he'd definitely be better as a Robin, taking 15 shots per game with a few of those long fadeaway 2s taken away from his FGA.
    I don't really get the gripe about eF%. PPS is nice because it packages the concept into a nice little nugget of information that's easy to understand.
    Otherwise the two stats do essentially the same thing.
    Last edited by stooley; Thu Feb 13, 2014, 12:38 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of TS% and eFG% because I think they have more to do with shooting ability (hence the fact that taking and making a lot of 3s increases both of them a lot) than scoring efficiency.

I prefer points per shot. How many points can a player create from the shots they take.

Obviously guys like Durant (1.56 PPS) and Lebron (1.56 PPS) are just ridiculously efficient. But compared to some other similar volume guys DeRozan is not actually that bad in this area. Stephen Curry for example is at 1.34 PPS, Paul George is at 1.28 PPS, LaMarcus Aldridge is at 1.14 PPS, Kyrie Irving is at 1.18 PPS.

DeRozan sits at 1.23 PPS and scores/shoots with similar volume to all of those guys. I actually really think his inefficiency might be a little overstated. That being said, he'd definitely be better as a Robin, taking 15 shots per game with a few of those long fadeaway 2s taken away from his FGA.
      I Don't know about Robin, i think Demar would excel as a 1A/1B... He is not the man to be able to carry a team to a championship nor should we have the expectation but i do have a gripe with people who thinks he shouldn't be around when were competing for one. He is a great piece to have.

Don't know if anyone saw his interview on TSN but i love his demeanour and how loyal and how much he loves TO and wants to win here and doenst wanna be a lebron and leave. Couldn't ask for more. This is a guy we have to build with maybe not around exactly but he better be a piece in the process.

His "inefficiency" is over stated and also constantly improving.

Comment

The issue with PPS over TS% is that it ignores free throws in the denominator - so a player who takes no FGA's, but uses a bunch of possessions by getting fouled on a shot (missed FGA's where you are fouled don't get recorded as FGA's), would have an infinite point per shot rating - even if they hit only 1 of 10 free throws. So a player who gets fouled a bunch but only hits half of them will have a huge boost to their PPS - TS% captures the reality that the player is actually using offensive possessions by taking those free throws, and as such is not necessarily all that efficient offensively if they can't hit them at a decent clip.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demar is #7 on the NBA.com MVP ladder, and is the focus of the brief article that precedes the list:

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

Go DeRo!!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Demar is #7 on the NBA.com MVP ladder, and is the focus of the brief article that precedes the list:

Go DeRo!!
            DeMar DaChozen one!!!
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Demar is #7 on the NBA.com MVP ladder, and is the focus of the brief article that precedes the list:

Go DeRo!!
              He really shouldn't be that high, not that I mind it at all

It's probably a product of him going crazy in February:

GP: 6
              Minutes: 38
              PPG: 27.7
              RPG: 4.3
              APG: 5.8
              TS%: .561
              FG%: 43.4%
              3pt%: 39.1%
              FTA: 9.8
              FT%: 86.4%
              OTRG: 122
              DRTG: 111

Obviously just a hot-streak but those are prime Kobe numbers.

Comment

Those are SEXY numbers.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Way to high APG to even relate this to Kobe!

... semi-kidding

Comment

Yeah, there is not much to dislike with those numbers.

If you watch the games though lots to not like on the eye test concerning shot selection.

But those numbers are really good.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, there is not much to dislike with those numbers.

If you watch the games though lots to not like on the eye test concerning shot selection.

But those numbers are really good.
                      LOL, trade the bum!!

Comment

• OMAGOD!!!!
                        DD!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        So proud of you hommie :') The Joy
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• DeMarvelous.

Comment

• If we can bring in truly a #1 option, so demar can be 1A/1B, then perfect. He'll excel amazingly

Comment

Actually, given how they explain their rating system, he absofuckinlutely should be that high, because that is how high their system rates him.

It would be fair for you to say YOU wouldn't rate him that high in whatever system YOU use, but in theirs he is right where he is supposed to be. Props to DD.
                              Last edited by Puffer; Sat Feb 15, 2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Demar DeRozan

I dont know if y'all saw this yet but our boy Demar is holding it down for TDot .
                                He's number 7 on the MVP list, go check it out!

Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X