No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just some perspective and possibly a glance at current raptors fans expectations:

in vince carters worst year as a raptor where he decided to give up on the team:
    fg: .41% (career low)
    3p%: 32% (lowest since his rookie year)
    total rebound/36: 3.9 (career low)
    assists: 3.6 (career avg 4.1)

derozan as an all star playing out of this world:
    fg: .42%
    3p%: 30%
    total rebound/36: 4.3
    assists/36: 3.8

basic stats-wise, we're getting the worst version of vince carter right now.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      just some perspective and possibly a glance at current raptors fans expectations:

in vince carters worst year as a raptor where he decided to give up on the team:
      fg: .41% (career low)
      3p%: 32% (lowest since his rookie year)
      total rebound/36: 3.9 (career low)
      assists: 3.6 (career avg 4.1)

derozan as an all star playing out of this world:
      fg: .42%
      3p%: 30%
      total rebound/36: 4.3
      assists/36: 3.8

basic stats-wise, we're getting the worst version of vince carter right now.
      I don't think that's totally accurate.

Both DeRozan and that version of Carter took about 18 shots per game. The difference is Carter scored just under 19 a game with those shots (basically 1 PPS) while DeRozan scores 22.

Those stats you're using are actually only for the 20 games that VC played with Toronto that year (before being traded). The Raptors were 7-13 in those games.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        I don't think that's totally accurate.

Both DeRozan and that version of Carter took about 18 shots per game. The difference is Carter scored just under 19 a game with those shots (basically 1 PPS) while DeRozan scores 22.

Those stats you're using are actually only for the 20 games that VC played with Toronto that year (before being traded). The Raptors were 7-13 in those games.
        thats probably due to the fact that vince also just 'decided' to shoot a measly 69% from the charity stripe which is also a career low.

its not an exact comparison or anything, but its pretty close. even if it is 20 games for vince, those stats still mirror derozans for the majority of the season, unless he makes huge leaps and bounds in the games left this year.

maybe a bit more accurate way of putting it is current allstar derozan is playing just slightly better than vince carter at his worst.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          thats probably due to the fact that vince also just 'decided' to shoot a measly 69% from the charity stripe which is also a career low.

its not an exact comparison or anything, but its pretty close. even if it is 20 games for vince, those stats still mirror derozans for the majority of the season, unless he makes huge leaps and bounds in the games left this year.

maybe a bit more accurate way of putting it is current allstar derozan is playing just slightly better than vince carter at his worst.
          That's fine, but I'm not sure what your point is.

Vince Carter was a superstar, DeRozan isn't one and I don't think anyone using any logic would say he is.

That being said in 2004-2005, Vince Carter's salary was 12.6M, with a much lower salary cap of 43.8M. He was making about 29% of the salary cap. DeRozan on the other hand is paid 9.5M with a cap of 58.7M, so he makes 16% of the salary cap (just over half of Vince's percentage).

DD was the lowest paid (tied with Millsap) non-rookie contract player on the all-star team. He's not being paid to be Vince Carter, and no one should expect that from him.

Comment

• Does anyone know Demar Derozan's Stats and also PER after the rudy gay trade
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Maybe someone else can help with PER, but you can get basic and advanced stats on BBRef. On DeRozans page scroll down to the bar that has game logs (just above "player news"). Click on this year and all the games come up. On the far left click on the 19 (1st game after the trade), then scroll down and click on 53 , It will calculate stats for that time period. scroll up just past the game log and you can click on advanced stats for that time period also.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Does anyone know Demar Derozan's Stats and also PER after the rudy gay trade
                Go to stats.nba.com

Go to dd profile under players

Click add/remove filters

Click from

On calendar click December 8

Click run it

Voila

Comment

• Wasn't there a time when demar was seen as the poor brother to oj mayo? Please tell me you've seen the "tying shoes" clip. Worth googling. Sorry, not able to post it.

Comment

• I remember when people wanted to trade DeMAr for Oj Mayo Lmfaooooo

Good thing the people here dont have any say on roster moves or anything for that matter.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      I remember when people wanted to trade DeMAr for Oj Mayo Lmfaooooo

Good thing the people here dont have any say on roster moves or anything for that matter.
                      No kidding, it's easy to make a few good calls when you never have to suffer the consequences for mistakes.
                      Last edited by stooley; Mon Feb 24, 2014, 10:47 AM.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                        No kidding, it's easy to make a few good calls when you never have to suffer the consequences for mistakes.
                        Truer words never spoken.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Go to stats.nba.com

Go to dd profile under players

Click add/remove filters

Click from

On calendar click December 8

Click run it

Voila
                          Thanks, Matt. That's a nice shiny new tool in the box. :-)

Just did that search you mentioned and found something pretty neat. Since the Gay trade, the entire starter roster (JV, Amir, DD, Lowry, Ross) have offensive efficiency ratings (ORTG) between 107 and 108. The balance and consistency of that is remarkable for 5 different players. Obviously, player USG is different, but still that's a bit of an oddity.

http://stats.nba.com/teamPlayers.htm...erMode=PerGame

Comment

• It also depends where you look for those numbers. Basketball-reference.com has Lowry rocking an ORAT of 120 on the whole season...

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              It also depends where you look for those numbers. Basketball-reference.com has Lowry rocking an ORAT of 120 on the whole season...
                              Thx, OSC. You're right, it doesn't make sense that Lowry's ORTG is that low, especially when he's been playing out of his mind since Gay left. I'd definitely trust BB-REF for the advanced stats more than NBA.com. Must be something wrong there.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Thx, OSC. You're right, it doesn't make sense that Lowry's ORTG is that low, especially when he's been playing out of his mind since Gay left. I'd definitely trust BB-REF for the advanced stats more than NBA.com. Must be something wrong there.
                                I think the two sites probably measure slightly different stats. Like I know espn does o-eff and bb-ref does ortg.

Maybe the NBA site is literally points scored per 100 possessions while on the floor, and the bb-ref is the more complicated one which takes into account USG and all that stuff.

that would explain why all the starters have pretty similar numbers on nba.com
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X