No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall he has improved. Gets to the FT line over 7x a game, takes a limited number of 3's (usually left-corner) and is actually trying on defence. He needs to minimize the amount of 16ft+ 2pt shots and improve on 4th quarter shooting (shoots something like 36% compared to 45% for the first three).

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

I use to hate Bill Simmons but this might of changed my mind on him. His a naturally funny guy. I recommend downloading his podcast B.S. Report.

http://youtu.be/hGhRcxXZC64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I use to hate Bill Simmons but this might of changed my mind on him. His a naturally funny guy. I recommend downloading his podcast B.S. Report.

http://youtu.be/hGhRcxXZC64

You hated Bill Simmons? Blasphemy! He's basically the less advanced stats version of Zach Lowe. Plus, he created the Paul Mokeski award. Gotta respect it.
        @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
          You hated Bill Simmons? Blasphemy! He's basically the less advanced stats version of Zach Lowe. Plus, he created the Paul Mokeski award. Gotta respect it.
          Use to think that he use to go out of his way to bash are players but, that was just Rudy. Seeing that Rudy isn't on the team anymore I'm having a change of heart.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
            I think the two sites probably measure slightly different stats. Like I know espn does o-eff and bb-ref does ortg.

Maybe the NBA site is literally points scored per 100 possessions while on the floor, and the bb-ref is the more complicated one which takes into account USG and all that stuff.

that would explain why all the starters have pretty similar numbers on nba.com
            That's exactly what it is. Bball ref actually has an "On-Off" section that shows the same data, but they don't update it often.

The Bball ref ORTG is individual ORTG - literally how many points a player scores per 100 possessions the player uses. NBA's numbers are how the team performs while the player is on the floor.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Beast!

Comment

Use to think that he use to go out of his way to bash are players but, that was just Rudy. Seeing that Rudy isn't on the team anymore I'm having a change of heart.

At the beginning DeRozan says "We didn't think the trade would happen that early" hmmmm.... sounds like he thought the trade was going to happen
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

No, Simmons is a very sophisticated, creative and highly entertaining troll. But still a troll, nonetheless. And he preys on tweaking the insecurity of passionate fans bases like Toronto because we ALWAYS over-react to his negative comments with Pavlovian regularity. Fan over-reaction = mega hits for Simmons = advertising $$ for Simmons. The problem is now that we have a winning team, it's much harder for him to get those jabs in.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      No, Simmons is a very sophisticated, creative and highly entertaining troll. But still a troll, nonetheless. And he preys on tweaking the insecurity of passionate fans bases like Toronto because we ALWAYS over-react to his negative comments with Pavlovian regularity. Fan over-reaction = mega hits for Simmons = advertising $$ for Simmons. The problem is now that we have a winning team, it's much harder for him to get those jabs in.
                      I actually think Simmons is one of the best writers around. Certainly wouldn't call him a troll.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Has anyone seen this video before? It's pretty funny seeing all these guys then and now lol
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          I actually think Simmons is one of the best writers around. Certainly wouldn't call him a troll.
                          I agree with they way, I think, the troll comment was meant. Simmons' schtick is to write as a Celtics fan. He's intentionally antagonistic (in a fun way) all the time. "I hate the Lakers" appears in every other column/podcast.

That said, DD is slowly earning respect but he needs to continue to develop to get more. He was a borderline all-star this year, but he hasn't stopped evolving. I don't know how long he can keep expanding his game, but if he does so his contract is going to look like an absolute steal in 1-2 years.

I'd still like him to take just a couple fewer FG per game and we need Casey to call proper end of game plays. This team doesn't need DD to be a 25 ppg guy - they need to continue to play great team ball.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post

Has anyone seen this video before? It's pretty funny seeing all these guys then and now lol
                            I remember that draft like it was yesterday. One of the storylines that year was the Knicks wanting to move up so they can take Curry. And Curry himself said he wants to play in New York. Perfect match.

Wolves took Flynn 6th overall. After that selection i really thought the Knicks had a realistic shot to draft Curry without trading up, no way the Warriors take Curry 7th overall right? they already have Monta Ellis. But then boom "The Golden State Warriors selects Stephen Curry" LOL.

So as a Raps fan it was pretty funny but scary at the same time because i want DeRozan. No way the Knicks would pass up on DeRozan i thought because the Knicks need help on the perimeter. But for some reason they took JORDAN HILL 8th overall. Hilarious!
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

and not surprisingly, hes also lowest in FG% in feb

Love - 48.7%
                              Durant - 48.4%
                              Anthony - 47.2%
                              James - 56.3%
                              Griffin - 55.8%
                              Harden - 48.7%
                              Demar - 44.4%

Comment

• Here we go..... this guy again.

You're fucking awesome bud.

Comment

Working...