and not surprisingly, hes also lowest in FG% in feb

Love - 48.7%
    Durant - 48.4%
    Anthony - 47.2%
    James - 56.3%
    Griffin - 55.8%
    Harden - 48.7%
    Demar - 44.4%
    I've never been a Demar defender, but I guess I'll be the one to suggest that the extra 5-10 million all those guys get above and beyond Demar's contract is helping to buy their higher FG%.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I've never been a Demar defender, but I guess I'll be the one to suggest that the extra 5-10 million all those guys get above and beyond Demar's contract is helping to buy their higher FG%.
      thats ok with me! i always just want to put things in perspective. also helps with salary as well!

Comment

• hahha you're incorrigible

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          thats ok with me! i always just want to put things in perspective. also helps with salary as well!
          Good points on both sides. I always like stats with perspective and context better than raw stats, whether basic or advanced.

Speaking of salary, I know there used to be a stat that calculated total production per $ (was a great way to show how awful Bargnani was, even when his $10M salary didn't seem too bad on the surface). I'd be curious how the Raptors players stack up on such a list, for comparison purposes. I think DeRozan's spot would pleasantly surprise me (and I'd be willing to bet that Lowry would be quite high up that list).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Good points on both sides. I always like stats with perspective and context better than raw stats, whether basic or advanced.

Speaking of salary, I know there used to be a stat that calculated total production per $ (was a great way to show how awful Bargnani was, even when his $10M salary didn't seem too bad on the surface). I'd be curious how the Raptors players stack up on such a list, for comparison purposes. I think DeRozan's spot would pleasantly surprise me (and I'd be willing to bet that Lowry would be quite high up that list).
            Funny, I actually have a spread sheet at work that ranks all players by WS/$1,000,000. But I kinda gave up when I saw Patrick Beverley and other players rated absurdly high.

I'll post some of that stuff tomorrow. Maybe like WS/$ for all the all stars or something.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              Funny, I actually have a spread sheet at work that ranks all players by WS/$1,000,000. But I kinda gave up when I saw Patrick Beverley and other players rated absurdly high.

I'll post some of that stuff tomorrow. Maybe like WS/$ for all the all stars or something.
              That actually makes sense, considering he's a starter on one of the league's top teams, who's only making $789k!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                That actually makes sense, considering he's a starter on one of the league's top teams, who's only making $789k!
                The table has all the 'advanced' stats from bb-ref, along with salaries, so i can do any other stat like per, etc, if you're interested.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The table has all the 'advanced' stats from bb-ref, along with salaries, so i can do any other stat like per, etc, if you're interested.
                  Would be interesting to see where DeRozan stacks up against his fellow all-stars, as well as all the other Raptors players. Definitely worth its own thread, especially if you can split it into a few different breakdowns (ie: pick a couple of the most popular advanced stats and list the top so many players, while also indicating where the Raps' players land).

Comment

• Put back in your mind the image of DeMar stealing the ball from Zeller at the end of last nights game. Did we see something there? Was that an All Star getting the call over a rook? Was that respect for a 3 seed team over an also ran? We are so accustomed to being on the other side of those calls...not sure what to make of this feeling.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Put back in your mind the image of DeMar stealing the ball from Zeller at the end of last nights game. Did we see something there? Was that an All Star getting the call over a rook? Was that respect for a 3 seed team over an also ran? We are so accustomed to being on the other side of those calls...not sure what to make of this feeling.
                      It was a flop, plain and simple. A dirty, cowardly, snivelling flop.

Kudos to the refs for biting their whistles.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

It was a flop, plain and simple. A dirty, cowardly, snivelling flop.

Kudos to the refs for biting their whistles.
                        ^^^^ exactly! That was an obvious flop! Zeller fell down after the little contact because he knew he's wasn't gonna get the ball
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• It was a clean swipe, and Im happy to see the refs not bailing out either team with a foul on such a play. You have to admit, physical basketball is very exciting to watch. An example of this would be the game vs. Chicago the other day. It was like a playoff game
                          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Beverley is also one of the best defenders in the league at the point position. He doesn't score (occasional 3 pointer) but he's a beast on D, and that deserves mad props.

Related read: http://nba.si.com/2014/02/26/houston...ers/?eref=sihp
                            Last edited by Axel; Thu Feb 27, 2014, 08:50 AM.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan rap song :
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y76kFWU0V1w

Just found this randomly on youtube
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DD has now surpassed paul george in leading PPG for 9th in the league now.

22.7 for DD, 22.6 for PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X