Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    kyle korvers chart is out of this world

My guess is there would be a lot of erections at the Sloan conference if this chart was brought up. Personally, I'm feeling a little tingle.

Comment

wow.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
        Still chopping up Derozan on this thread eh....

You guys are awesome.

LOL, Just trying everything to get someone to bite aren't you? I guess if I said your attempt was sad it could be considered biting, so hope you get a bit of satisfaction out of it

Comment

I think this is actually what guys shoot against Korver. ;-) Maybe there should be a chart for that.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Curry is not a corner shooter....those are his weakest areas, whereas the corners are the strongest areas for DeMar.

Personally I hate DD's shot chart...so ugly

Look at Ross', that is a nice shot chart with good percentages and high attempts at the three...a dead zone in the long two range with this area being his range of fewest attempts...and then free throw line and in he is gold with higher amount of attempts again. That is what our wings should be striving for.
            I think those ideals ignore how basketball is actually played.

Lamarcus Aldridge really doesn't score that many points per shot, but does this mean he isn't effective?

Certain types of plays benefit other ones down the line. A drop shot in tennis can force an opponent to play closer to the baseline, even if it isn't a high percentage shot.

Also, we've discussed the talent necessary to carry a disproportionate USG%
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              I think those ideals ignore how basketball is actually played.

Lamarcus Aldridge really doesn't score that many points per shot, but does this mean he isn't effective?

Certain types of plays benefit other ones down the line. A drop shot in tennis can force an opponent to play closer to the baseline, even if it isn't a high percentage shot.

Also, we've discussed the talent necessary to carry a disproportionate USG%
              I think you've answered against your own point.

LA's mid range game draws people out of the paint...DD's packs it (sort of)

LA's mid range is out of ISO's and draws more doubles, also operates out of the post quite a bit...DD's are off of set screens and don't rotate the D as much.

In terms of Points Per Possession...LA and DD are about the same, but the impact they have on their teams is quite different.

Comment

• Aldridge jacks up so many shots. He even averages more FGA than Durant. In the battle of the best Power Forwards in the league, he certainly loses out for me.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  Aldridge jacks up so many shots. He even averages more FGA than Durant. In the battle of the best Power Forwards in the league, he certainly loses out for me.
                  Who beats him?

Comment

• Griffin and Love.

Comment

• Love ya

Griffin and LA I would say are on the same level. Griffin is more efficient, LA has the edge on Griffin in FTs/RBS/Blocks/TOV

Comment

• Yeh defensively Aldridge is actually quite underrated from whenever I watch him, at least in some areas.

I dunno, Griffin has just become so good. Each year he gets better. Many people hate him, for a variety of reasons and I never liked him either but you gotta respect how good he has become. He just appears downright frightening on some nights, I don't get that same feeling with Aldridge.

Comment

• It's nice to say "shoot more corner 3s" but as I already pointed out, #1 scoring options rarely ever get that look.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            I think you've answered against your own point.

LA's mid range game draws people out of the paint...DD's packs it (sort of)

LA's mid range is out of ISO's and draws more doubles, also operates out of the post quite a bit...DD's are off of set screens and don't rotate the D as much.

In terms of Points Per Possession...LA and DD are about the same, but the impact they have on their teams is quite different.
                            No, you just changed your point.

Also LA is ALL about the pick and pop/roll. Seriously, that's most of his game.

I agree DD could use some work on his game, I was commenting on the new wave of 3 and paint basketball.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              No, you just changed your point.

Also LA is ALL about the pick and pop/roll. Seriously, that's most of his game.

I agree DD could use some work on his game, I was commenting on the new wave of 3 and paint basketball.
                              My initial point was arguing about how PERIMETER players should play. LA is a post. I adapted my argument to discuss how you brought up LA as a comparison, so don't try and say I'm changing the argument.

"ALL Pick and Pop" you say...well for example, in their recent game vs the Lakers, he had 18 shots (19 - 1 heave). Of those 18 shots, 1 was a true pick and pop, 2 were more just 'pops' and he didn't even set the pick...and the other 15 were pure catch and shoot or mainly ISO's out of the post. Seriously, that's the majority of his offense.

Comment

• Just to reiterate how wrong it is to say DeRozan should take a few steps back and shoot the 3 instead of the long 2.

If you remove his wing 3s this season (20-88 or 22.7%) the following happens:

1244 points (21.8ppg)
                                434-957 from the field (45.3%)
                                30-78 from 3pt line (38.5%)
                                346-429 from FT (80.7% obviously unchanged)

His TS% would increase to 54.3% with only a slight dip in scoring.

So basically no he shouldn't step back and take more wing threes. Actually if he replaced those wing 3s with more long-twos his TS% would be higher (too lazy to calculate this as well).

Comment

Working...
                                X