• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a feeling DeMar would get shutdown, sad to see

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I don't put it all on him. No one was moving on offense, making it very difficult for him to create and penetrate.
      No, objectively i wouldn't put it all on him either. But him forcing 3s and long 2s is infuriating, especially since he actually got to the line several times when he wasn't.

Comment

• I agree.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          It's hard to believe that DeMar will play this bad all series, that would be crazy
          I hope not but it's not impossible. VC scored 19ppg and shot 30% in his first playoff series.

Comment

• IMO, we should've seen this performance coming. He has exactly the type of game that would be suckered into jumpers. He has to be less predictable in game 2.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I'm not surprised at all at how bad he played. And I actually think it continues unless he actually starts hitting those horrendous shots. DD's game is very easy to stop in my opinion if you really focus on doing that.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Guys, he has so much pressure on him. Im sure he will settle down sooner rather than later.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  I don't put it all on him. No one was moving on offense, making it very difficult for him to create and penetrate.
                  Well when he gets the ball and holds on to it and kills the flow...still lots of the blame is on him.

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  IMO, we should've seen this performance coming. He has exactly the type of game that would be suckered into jumpers. He has to be less predictable in game 2.
                  GLF wrote: View Post
                  I'm not surprised at all at how bad he played. And I actually think it continues unless he actually starts hitting those horrendous shots. DD's game is very easy to stop in my opinion if you really focus on doing that.
                  These.

People were talking earlier about how DD's mid ranged game will be useful in playoffs as teams take away the three. Well this just affirms what I've been saying about the fact that DD doesn't have a 3 so they will crowd his long 2 and then his lack of handles will make it hard for him to burn people from overplaying the shot. I hope he is better for the sake of the Raps, but if he is struggling I think the Raps are better running a Lowry-Ross-Vasquez back court because it is harder to shut Vasquez down. DD does not have a playoff friendly skill set.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Well when he gets the ball and holds on to it and kills the flow...still lots of the blame is on him.

These.

People were talking earlier about how DD's mid ranged game will be useful in playoffs as teams take away the three. Well this just affirms what I've been saying about the fact that DD doesn't have a 3 so they will crowd his long 2 and then his lack of handles will make it hard for him to burn people from overplaying the shot. I hope he is better for the sake of the Raps, but if he is struggling I think the Raps are better running a Lowry-Ross-Vasquez back court because it is harder to shut Vasquez down. DD does not have a playoff friendly skill set.
                    I approve this message by OSC

Comment

• DD is perfect for the playoffs if he played his game. He plays the midrange with a good shot and picks up foul. He just didn't play his game. He didn't shoot. His problem isn't the 0-6 its the time he took to go 1-7.Toronto held BKN under 45% and had Val 60% interior if DD played his worst regular as season game we would have soon,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                        I approve this message by OSC

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        DD is perfect for the playoffs if he played his game. He plays the midrange with a good shot and picks up foul. He just didn't play his game.
                        I don't think he does because he needs to be set up on the down screen and with the Nets they can have whoever come up and double DD on the pass, and DD can't do anything in that because he has poor handles and isn't a great passer down to the roller. Neither can we move the set out and give him more space because his range is severely limited. Also if he picks up his dribble and pump fakes and the other guy leaves his feet, he needs to reset the ball, so many times he tried to draw contact but he isn't going to get that call in the playoffs.

Now he had an exceptionally bad game and will do better, but I don't think he will be able to put together a particularly good game on the Nets with their ability to overplay our pin-downs.

Comment

• DD has spent more time passing out of Doubles the last few weeks, Using Lowry and Vasquez as Guards and DD/Ross as Forwards can punish double teams on DD. Get Val the ball down low after the double can really hurt the Nets. I don't think Kidd expected Val to be as important.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DeRozan's game is very similar to Rip Hamilton, and Rip Hamilton's level of play always rose in the playoffs.

I think it's pretty stupid to say he doesn't have a playoff friendly game. Depends how you're being defended.

Based on games 6 and 7 for last year's finals, Danny Green doesn't have a "playoff friendly game" since all he could do was shoot 3s and once the Heat started chasing him off the line he couldn't do anything.

Comment

• I expect DeRozan to have a bounce-back game. I can't see another 23% shooting night.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone had more pressure on them than Demar did for that first game. He has been here his whole professional career, always on losing teams, and always craving success. More than anyone, he looked timid in that game, settling for jumpshots, playing into Brooklyn's hands.

As much as I love the atmosphere at the ACC during the playoffs, as much as I love Masai's unprofessional antics, and as much as I love all the coverage around this team's overdue playoff run, in retrospect, these are the things that I feel get to Demar. He pays attention to these things. All those things I listed are great in their own unique ways, especially when you're a seasoned and mature team, but for the nervous and inexperienced, they all add on to the pressure.

So far, the road team is 5-3 to open up this first round of the playoffs - pressure is a big part of that. I'm hoping and trusting that Demar can get it back on track, we'll need him playing like he has shown he can when we steal a game (or two) in Brooklyn. Seeing the way Brooklyn and Pierce have handled themselves on and off the court, is the way our team must in the future. I know it was inevitable for this season, but the best teams, and the best players, are never excited just about making the playoffs.

It'll be fun to see Demar and our Raptors grow up in a series.
                                Last edited by Red and White; Mon Apr 21, 2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X