• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, he certainly tries.

Meanwhile, in Houston......

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      DD didn't improve defensively JJ just had a horrible game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      Disagree, a few post ups had Derozan keep with JJ
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Disagree.

Comment

• DD drew a nice offensive foul on JJ near the end of the game.
          OG is our king

Comment

• Bleacher report surprisingly has demar as the third best shooting guard this year. Gave him 36 out of 40 on defensive ability and said hes one of the best isolation defenders at the shooting guard. Weird since everyone else here thinks the exact opposite.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
              Bleacher report surprisingly has demar as the third best shooting guard this year. Gave him 36 out of 40 on defensive ability and said hes one of the best isolation defenders at the shooting guard. Weird since everyone else here thinks the exact opposite.
              They're probably looking at his synergy stats, which show he is very good in iso's defensively, but ignores the context that all year he's been hidden on the lesser wing player defensively, with Ross and Gay taking the hard matchups.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                Bleacher report surprisingly has demar as the third best shooting guard this year. Gave him 36 out of 40 on defensive ability and said hes one of the best isolation defenders at the shooting guard. Weird since everyone else here thinks the exact opposite.
                I'm willing to bet most people here have seen about 65 of 82 games (or more!).

I'm also willing to bet you can't say the same for B/R author.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  Do you have a link to this article?

And Derozans ISO d is overrated because be usually guards spot up players while Ross guards the superior scorers/ballhandlers.

His d is slightly above average to me if I take into account what I see on the court and statistics. He's not a liability and will actually do a great job defensively one on one as long as you don't ask him to guard a star player.

36/40 would suggest that he's an elite defender I think which isn't true. DeMar isn't exactly a stopper.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                    I am the only one who thinks DeMar has improved significantly on the defensive end? I mean, he's no stopper, but he seems to do a great job of contesting shots and staying in front of his man. To be honest, DeRozan has done a great job in defending in the post, its just half the time, JV and help-side isn't coming quick enough.
                    Maybe it has to do with the matchup? Cos Demar struggles alot when defending quicker guys that try blowing by him in iso or off-the-dribble but in this series these guys he faced aren't speedy.

Comment

• Aside from Harden most NBA players are good ISO defenders. That is why few teams run ISO. DD is average defensively - doesn't hurt doesn't help.

Comment

Aside from Harden most NBA players are good ISO defenders. That is why few teams run ISO. DD is average defensively - doesn't hurt doesn't help.

Yeah this pretty much sums it up. I think what that article refers to though is the fact that derozan by synergy stats is the BEST ISO defender in the league.

But yeah derozan isn't a liability on d nor is he a game changer

Comment

Demar played horrendous defense in the first 2 games imo. Played slightly better in the 3rd game. And I was quite surprised and impressed with his effort on D in the 4th game. Tho most of the time he was getting help from double teams, there were only a couple times where he gave up and just let his man get by him with no resistance. Huge improvement from his norm imo.
                          Last edited by Machine; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Do you have a link to this article?

And Derozans ISO d is overrated because be usually guards spot up players while Ross guards the superior scorers/ballhandlers.

His d is slightly above average to me if I take into account what I see on the court and statistics. He's not a liability and will actually do a great job defensively one on one as long as you don't ask him to guard a star player.

36/40 would suggest that he's an elite defender I think which isn't true. DeMar isn't exactly a stopper.
                            Sorry I dont have a link I can't get it because I'm on my phone. But if you went to bleacher report I imagine its on the main Nba page. And I'm not saying I personally think these things either. I'd say hes about average defensively but I found it weird how highly he was rated.

Comment

Disagree... He's playing better defence in the playoffs than we've seen all season.

Comment

• DD is a good defender. When BKN attacks there are easier places than DD to attack. Pierce on Amir, DWill on Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                                X