X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Was this referring to RPM?
    yes.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      HE'S NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HIS PRIME YET. With his work ethic and now playoff experience, I expect nothing but pure stardom from him next year.
      I'm not shitting on DeRozan here. I'm just offering an alternate possible reality.

Did anyone forsee Vince's fall in Toronto? What happens if DeRozan suffers a similar fate? What happens if DeRozan no longer sees himself as PART of the Raptors but he sees himself as THE Raptors? From what we know he is a great person but stardom and attention can change people - see Howard, Dwight.

I'm not happy with the heavy ISO and lack of team offense in the playoffs thus far - DeRozan is by far biggest culprit but there are others. I'm also not happy with the trend of some things in this table such as dunks per season, composition/allocation of his shots, and %'s overall... but these are nothing new:

[IMG][/IMG]

What about the getting knocked down and not getting back on D? That is becoming all too frequent and Wince-esque. Reality is DD is taking 12 FT's per game. He is not getting all the whistles but he is getting a lot of whistles. When he doesn't get them he should hustle back as hard as if he got one - that is maturity.

Anyways, this .gif sums up everything that drives me nuts about DeRozan. Fix this and I don't know what I'd complain about... but I'd find something I"m sure:

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I'm not shitting on DeRozan here. I'm just offering an alternate possible reality.

Did anyone forsee Vince's fall in Toronto? What happens if DeRozan suffers a similar fate? What happens if DeRozan no longer sees himself as PART of the Raptors but he sees himself as THE Raptors? From what we know he is a great person but stardom and attention can change people - see Howard, Dwight.

I'm not happy with the heavy ISO and lack of team offense in the playoffs thus far - DeRozan is by far biggest culprit but there are others. I'm also not happy with the trend of some things in this table such as dunks per season, composition/allocation of his shots, and %'s overall... but these are nothing new:

[IMG][/IMG]

What about the getting knocked down and not getting back on D? That is becoming all too frequent and Wince-esque. Reality is DD is taking 12 FT's per game. He is not getting all the whistles but he is getting a lot of whistles. When he doesn't get them he should hustle back as hard as if he got one - that is maturity.

Anyways, this .gif sums up everything that drives me nuts about DeRozan. Fix this and I don't know what I'd complain about... but I'd find something I"m sure:

What's very underrated in that gif is the premature celebration by buycks on the bench. Take a gander at it, he gets up with enthusiasm but is forced to take a seat right after lmao
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I'm not happy with the heavy ISO and lack of team offense in the playoffs thus far - DeRozan is by far biggest culprit but there are others.
          This has been by far my biggest complaint about the series so far, having caused the most outbursts towards my TV. I applaud DeRozan for his passion and desire to lead/will this Raptors team to victory, but when he decides to carry the team on his shoulders single-handedly, it's actually the worst ball they play. I can't count how many times I've yelled "pass the f*cking ball" or "open your f*cking eyes, you have four teammates on the court with you" during the games. My even bigger complaint is aimed at DC, for allowing DeRozan to play like this, without any recourse (even worse if he actually called for the ISO-ball, a la Rudy Gay).

This team is at it's best when they share the ball and play as a team. For all my criticisms aimed at DeRozan, I felt the biggest desire to actually 'eat crow' when he was racking up 5-6 assists per game for a stretch. This team doesn't need DeRozan to take 20+ shots and score 30+ points, especially when it's all done inefficiently and at the expense of an actual inside game, to be successful and win games. Shoot less, score more efficiently, share the ball and play inside-out. In a nutshell, DeRozan needs to grow up and learn that leading the team doesn't necessarily mean that he has to dominate the ball/scoring - the two are mutually exclusive.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            What's very underrated in that gif is the premature celebration by buycks on the bench. Take a gander at it, he gets up with enthusiasm but is forced to take a seat right after lmao
            Haha, just noticed that, he tried to play it cool.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              This has been by far my biggest complaint about the series so far, having caused the most outbursts towards my TV. I applaud DeRozan for his passion and desire to lead/will this Raptors team to victory, but when he decides to carry the team on his shoulders single-handedly, it's actually the worst ball they play. I can't count how many times I've yelled "pass the f*cking ball" or "open your f*cking eyes, you have four teammates on the court with you" during the games. My even bigger complaint is aimed at DC, for allowing DeRozan to play like this, without any recourse (even worse if he actually called for the ISO-ball, a la Rudy Gay).

This team is at it's best when they share the ball and play as a team. For all my criticisms aimed at DeRozan, I felt the biggest desire to actually 'eat crow' when he was racking up 5-6 assists per game for a stretch. This team doesn't need DeRozan to take 20+ shots and score 30+ points, especially when it's all done inefficiently and at the expense of an actual inside game, to be successful and win games. Shoot less, score more efficiently, share the ball and play inside-out. In a nutshell, DeRozan needs to grow up and learn that leading the team doesn't necessarily mean that he has to dominate the ball/scoring - the two are mutually exclusive.
              I agree with all this.

The bold though is really bang on.

Comment

You have fair points. The thing keeping me optimistic is that Derozan has never stopped working on his game. This year if anything showed he is on his way to being a TEAM PLAYER, not a solo star. Derozan is smart, and will figure out what he needs to do in order to win. I feel like a lot more polish can be added to his game, and you'll see his decisions improve as he matures.

I dont see DD as the type to think 'im good enough' and stops taking practise/teammates/working hard seriously
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

You have fair points. The thing keeping me optimistic is that Derozan has never stopped working on his game. This year if anything showed he is on his way to being a TEAM PLAYER, not a solo star. Derozan is smart, and will figure out what he needs to do in order to win. I feel like a lot more polish can be added to his game, and you'll see his decisions improve as he matures.

I dont see DD as the type to think 'im good enough' and stops taking practise/teammates/working hard seriously
                  I hope you're right.

In fact, I'm sure you are.

But right now, in the playoffs, with full attention of media north and south of border he is not doing the bold in his first playoff appearance which is the bulk of my current gripes.

Comment

I hope you're right.

In fact, I'm sure you are.

But right now, in the playoffs, with full attention of media north and south of border he is not doing the bold in his first playoff appearance which is the bulk of my current gripes.
                    I agree he hasn't shown what he needs to in the playoffs, in terms of being a playmaker. Its a different atmosphere and clearly a challenge for him. I bet regular season games will feel a lot easier after this playoff run.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I agree he hasn't shown what he needs to in the playoffs, in terms of being a playmaker. Its a different atmosphere and clearly a challenge for him. I bet regular season games will feel a lot easier after this playoff run.
                      And hopefully next year's playoffs games will be easier!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The Playoffs is a different animal, and all the young Raps are learning about it now.

I think if we can make it past the first round, DD might get it together with the playmaking part. Though, I don't expect to see any real improvements in the post season for him, until next season.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Dude give it a rest. DeRozan is only shooting a little bit more than he did in the regular season and is actually producing more points per shot. It's not like he's suddenly freezing out his teammates and hogging the ball. The decrease in assists probably has more to do with Vasquez playing more minutes and the whole teams' ball-distribution not being as good (even Lowry's have dipped quite a bit).

There's never been any indication that DeMar is going to become a cancer, so why make up this worst case scenario and make a big deal out of it?

Way too much pessimism on this board, seriously.

What if Jonas is really a neo-Nazi (I mean JUST LOOK at that hair cut) and starts getting in fights with the black players on our team????? WHAT IF!
                          Last edited by imanshumpert; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Dude give it a rest. DeRozan is only shooting a little bit more than he did in the regular season and is actually producing more points per shot. It's not like he's suddenly freezing out his teammates and hogging the ball. The decrease in assists probably has more to do with Vasquez playing more minutes and the whole teams' ball-distribution not being as good (even Lowry's have dipped quite a bit).

There's never been any indication that DeMar is going to become a cancer, so why make up this worst case scenario and make a big deal out of it?

Way too much pessimism on this board, seriously.

What if Jonas is really a neo-Nazi (I mean JUST LOOK at that hair cut) and starts getting in fights with the black players on our team????? WHAT IF!

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

There's less passing cause BKN did their scouting. It's obvious we're at are best when there's ball movement. The nets are in the passing lane as much as they can. That's why the turnovers have been so high. It's not DD's fault for the lack of ball movement. It's BK's game plan to stop the ball movement. It's the playoffs. At some point it always comes down to your best player against mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                There's less passing cause BKN did their scouting. It's obvious we're at are best when there's ball movement. The nets are in the passing lane as much as they can. That's why the turnovers have been so high. It's not DD's fault for the lack of ball movement. It's BK's game plan to stop the ball movement. It's the playoffs. At some point it always comes down to your best player against mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Bingo. Our offense is limited by BKN's defence. Some of you guys are not giving enough credit to BKN here. Demar, at times, has to carry the team on his shoulders. This isn't a fault, or evidence of Demar's inadequacies, it's necessity. And if it wasn't Demar, it would have to be Lowry, or maybe Vasquez.

This is so odd for me, because playoff basketball often comes down to these types of possessions. It would be great if it didn't, and we could zing the ball around the court like we were doing in January, but that isn't gonna happen. The fact that Demar is able to carry that burden, at least through stretches, should be encouraging for fans, because if he couldn't do it, we would likely be facing elimination on Wednesday. I guess if a true superstar were taking the types of shots that Demar is taking and scoring like he is, that would be fine, but becasue it's Demar than he is obviously doing something wrong.

His shot selection hasn't been perfect, and he has missed some passes he should have made (look toward the hoop and find Jonas Demar!!) but other than that he has been pretty good.

Most players playing the way Demar is playing would be commended.

Comment

Working...
                                X