Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
    Too harsh. DeRozan's not gonna drop out of the league after this contract unless he gets hurt. Hard worker, good guy, high ceiling.

Watch for DeRozan to blossom in his 4th season.
    I think Arsenalist was more stating that an absolute worst case scenario (ala Gerald Green), where as Davis won't have to worry about that, as big guys can always find work in this league (ala Jerome James).
    But I agree 100% with you that if Derozan keeps improving his ceiling is pretty much unlimited. I say if he finished out the season at 14-15 a game, and next year is able to improve on that, then we've got ourselves a keeper.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Dec 30, 2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Demar because he's younger and has a better skill set then Ed Davis. Ed Davis is going to be a great player for us for a long time but i just see Demar being even greater. Also how can we even compare these guys? ones an offensive sparkplug and the others a gritty southpaw blocking great defender? Great discussion tho

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        I think Arsenalist was more stating that an absolute worst case scenario (ala Gerald Green), where as Davis won't have to worry about that, as big guys can always find work in this league (ala Jerome James).
        But I agree 100% with you that if Derozan keeps improving his ceiling is pretty much unlimited. I say if he finished out the season at 14-15 a game, and next year is able to improve on that, then we've got ourselves a keeper.
        DeMar is already a more effective player than Green ever was....

Comment

• RaptorsFTW12 wrote: View Post
          Demar because he's younger and has a better skill set then Ed Davis. Ed Davis is going to be a great player for us for a long time but i just see Demar being even greater. Also how can we even compare these guys? ones an offensive sparkplug and the others a gritty southpaw blocking great defender? Great discussion tho
          Can you please tell me what DeMar's "skill set" is....

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Can you please tell me what DeMar's "skill set" is....
            Attacking the net, drawing fouls, hitting the mid range jump shot, using his athleticism to play pesky D.
            Just because he's unable to do them consistently doesn't mean they're not part of his repertoire.

Comment

• Vince Carter is absolutely the best Raptor ever. You can't really argue Chris Bosh because he hasn't been there long enough and he's probably gonna leave as a free agent anyways.

Comment

• Davis. He already seems to be a savy defender and blocker plus he has the look and feel that he belongs in the NBA. I'll go out on a limb and say that at his peak, he'll be a better overall player than Bosh. He won't be as gifted as Bosh on the offensive end but he'll be way better than Bosh on the defensive end. With time, I think he'll be a good offensive player too. As for DD, he needs to learn to dribble better, to extend the range of his shot, and to move quicker laterally. There's usually a big jump for a lot of players from year 2 to 3. So, I'll give him until next year, to see how he develops.

Comment

• DeRozan May Be In The Dunk Competition

Even though he was an afterthought this time around, if the NBA asks DeMar DeRozan to compete in the Slam Dunk Contest again, he’ll do it.
                  “No they didn’t ask (and) I wasn’t really paying too much mind to it,” DeRozan said prior to his team’s tilt with the Cavaliers on Wednesday night.

“(But) it would be fun to do it, it’s at home.”
                  When queried on whether he would jump in for Jennings, also from Compton, if the point guard is not healthy enough to take part (Jennings is currently out wit a broken foot), DeRozan confidently responded: “Yeah, I’d go. I’ll win it.”
                  “There’s a lot of stuff I wanted to do, but I just came off the injury.

“I was kind of timid because my leg was still bothering me,” he said.
                  Source: Toronto Sun

Comment

• I really hope he gets to go. He should of won last season.

Comment

• Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Wait I mean DeMar! DeMar! DeMar! Just let him play coach!

He'd be a zillion times better than Jennings in this contest...

Comment

• nah. id rather he rest his ankles for a week and come blastin after the all-star break.
                        all star weekend is stupid.

Comment

• The dunk competition has become a little mundane. It's like everything has been done. Maybe this year's competition can revive the event. I love the 3-point shootout a lot more.

Comment

• I think they should bring back the wheel of doughnuts....I mean dunks......

Comment

• great... now i'm going to have to get krispy kremes on my way home

Comment

• If that situation does pop up, i don't think they should give it to demar, lass year he didnt do much cept for one rly good dunk the rest blew..... so i dunnno, i guess juss give someone else a chance at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X