Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    If he is even marginally better than last season he is a max guy now
    Yep. Been saying since the rumours of a big TV deal started trickling out that DD will make 20M+.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Given the new TV deal and projected future salary cap being around 90-100mil (something like that?), would everyone be cool paying DD upwards of 20M ? I guess we have to see how he plays this year.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Given the new TV deal and projected future salary cap being around 90-100mil (something like that?), would everyone be cool paying DD upwards of 20M ? I guess we have to see how he plays this year.
        So long as he keeps getting better.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let's goo!!
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            So long as he keeps getting better.
            Fingers crossed
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
              I was going to drop this but this is too rich to pass up......

Go read the MIA game thread with all the "Citizens of the District of DeRozan" shitting all over JV (BTW I have laid that District bit to rest but way to bring it up again!). Notice how it was ignored for the most part? However you say anything about DeRozan - pitchforks are out! You'll notice I said my peace and just about every reply from that point forward were people making excuses or defending. Two game threads now are hijacked with attacks of any criticism of DeRozan. Show me where I have said anything bad about DD other than blading his teammates - which is a HUGE no-no for me and should be for anyone else who has ever played a team game - and not working with the team. Shit over every mistake? Hardly - it is evident he is an improved player this year, he just needs an ego check. Bad shots, missed free throws - who cares? He isn't trying to miss them. Some people, yourself included, need to let the past go.

Trade JV for a draft pick, JV is a journeyman, JV can't hit a layup, JV fanboys, etc. etc. A 22 C averaging nearly a double double in just 25mins with a PER of 25.8 while showing big improvements on the defensive end and getting to the line nearly 7 times a game on 8 shots? Yeah, lets trade him and/or insult him. If that isn't flaming or trolling, I'm not quite sure what is. But you notice it is let go? Fans of JV let is slide off because it is ridiculous. Your moderating skills are lacking consistency to say the absolute least. Unfortunately, you moderate based on who shares your opinion. Remember the weather thread where enlightenment insults the absolute hell out of me yet you click "like" right along because they share the same opinion. It is no different in the basketball sections.

Your Daddy and test analogy is cute. The 90/10 breakdown is ironic. I would say 10% of my posts are my actual opinions on DD with the remaining 90% dealing with personal attacks and backlash from those who don't agree.

Here is a better analogy for you: an absolute phenomenal kid (straight As, athletic, musically inclined, very social, well-liked) but is pushing drugs in school. You let that slide because of all the good? Give me a break. Bitching while your team surrenders a 3, rolling on the floor while your teammates are stuck 5on4 (but make a miraculous recovery when your team is O!) are cardinal sins on the basketball court. It is a team game. This is a 25 year old MAN, a player in his 6th NBA season who has been the focal point of the team for 3 full seasons and now in to his 4th, a person who publicly acknowledges he is a leader on this team. This is not a rookie or second year player - who by the way would likely be buried for a week or two with that type of display. To make that same mistake twice in 3 games is ridiculous. But I know he is trying.... it is too bad his efforts in these two instances are for himself first, team second.

Take care RR faithful.
              Thanks for the reply mcHAPPY.

Lets just move this over here though, ok?

Comment

• hahahaha

took what, 3 games for this guy to lose his mind??

Classic.

Not to stoke the fire, but DDis only 25, JV is 22, aint like there is a lot of difference.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  Given what Rubio, Thompson and Burks have gotten...

I'm scared of what it will take to keep DD.
                  You think he'll get more than Klay?

If DeMar continues to improve sure. But Klay Thompson RIGHT NOW in my opinion is the BEST 2 guard in the league. Certainly is the best 2 way SG in the league.

I know people will argue Harden, but give me Klay Thompson over James Harden anyday of the week.

And like i said before, if you actually watch Warriors game, you'll know Klay Thompson is more than a 3D guy.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

If DeMar continues to improve sure. But Klay Thompson RIGHT NOW in my opinion is the BEST 2 guard in the league. Certainly is the best 2 way SG in the league.

I know people will argue Harden, but give me Klay Thompson over James Harden anyday of the week.

And like i said before, if you actually watch Warriors game, you'll know Klay Thompson is more than a 3D guy.
                    Agreed.

And ya I think Steve Kerr fully recognizes that and will make Klay more of the focus than Steph this year.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I admittedly haven't seen much of Thompson, but I can't help but wonder how much he's benefiting from playing alongside Curry.

I think if you swap Harden with Thompson, Warriors get better and Rockets get worse (at least on paper...).
                      Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Nov 4, 2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• I'd take Igoudala over all those guys
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          I'd take Igoudala over all those guys
                          Iguodala 3 years ago, maybe

Comment

• When I see Klay Thompson I think to myself there's no reason why Ross can not replicate that.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              When I see Klay Thompson I think to myself there's no reason why Ross can not replicate that.
                              Different roles for Ross and Thompson
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Different roles for Ross and Thompson
                                I know he has a smaller role with us but, he should be way efficient and consistent. When that happens I can see his role starting to expand.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X