Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    How can you guys never tire of this argument? Doesn't it get repetitive or anything?
    Hahahaha, It is actually quite funny since it not just in this one thread.

Comment

How can you guys never tire of this argument? Doesn't it get repetitive or anything?
      A good teacher doesn't give up on a kid just because they fail Grade One. You keep working to show them all the info and try to present it in new ways, in hopes its finally sticks. 😎

Can't explain the DOD guys though.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        A good teacher doesn't give up on a kid just because they fail Grade One. You keep working to show them all the info and try to present it in new ways, in hopes its finally sticks. ��

Can't explain the DOD guys though.
        What an absolutely condescending analogy. LOL While I'm sure all of the Demar supporters appreciate your efforts to educate, Axel, I'm not sure you'll manage to change opinions with comments like this, or going back to the DOD thing that I had hoped was long dead.

While I do agree that nothing was ever "proved" per se, I'm not sure anyone is ever going to change their opinions about Demar based on the debates that happen here and the way people choose to go about them. On both sides.
        Last edited by Joey; Mon May 25, 2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          What an absolutely condescending analogy. LOL While I'm sure all of the Demar supporters appreciate your efforts to educate, Axel, I'm not sure you'll manage to change opinions with comments like this, or going back to the DOD thing that I had hoped was long dead.

While I do agree that nothing was ever "proved" per se, I'm not sure anyone is ever going to change their opinions about Demar based on the debates that happen here and the way people choose to go about them. On both sides.
          I mean, if I had been arguing, I would've been on Axel's side here. But we're about to touch 400 pages on DeMar. I think everybody's pretty sure about who he is, whether you may think it's deluded or not.

Comment

Lol thanks Joey, that's basically the over the top message I was going for. Considered using "Primary" but it's pretty hard to fail that.

So in close, since neither side is making ground, do you want us to shut down this thread?

As for the DOD reference, I reserve the right to use that for any poster who uses "2014 all star", "team USA" or "player of the month" as the sole basis of their argument.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I mean, if I had been arguing, I would've been on Axel's side here. But we're about to touch 400 pages on DeMar. I think everybody's pretty sure about who he is, whether you may think it's deluded or not.
              Oh I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Axel. Having read through yet another Demar debate, it's not really a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's a matter how one interprets the facts and forms opinions based off of those facts.

Some people don't like Lebron. No matter how great you try to tell them he is.
              Some people like Demar no matter how terrible you try to tell them he is.
              Some people just have opinions based in part on the what they see, and in part on what they feel. Its those feelings that will not change.
              Last edited by Joey; Mon May 25, 2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                So in close, since neither side is making ground, do you want us to shut down this thread?
                Trust me, I've thought about it. Haha

Axel wrote:
                As for the DOD reference, I reserve the right to use that for any poster who uses "2014 all star", "team USA" or "player of the month" as the sole basis of their argument.
                To be fair, I'm not sure anyone is using those as the "sole basis" for supporting Demar. They are absolutely bench marks that any player would look to achieve when setting goals for themselves on an Individual basis though, and shouldn't be discounted or discarded. I can't imagine an empty producer, or useless scrub , or whatever we are calling him these days, would be able to achieve all of the above ...

I'm not sure anyone is saying Demar should be #1 Option, or is good enough to be a #1 Superstar or anything like that. I think people are actually closer to an agreement then most would believe, but its closing that final gap that seems to be insurmountable.
                Last edited by Joey; Mon May 25, 2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• Joey wouldn't dare shut down the Everything DD thread cause then the moderators would all be bored to death. They'd be like Landry Fields on the Raps, you know he's there and he can do stuff, but he's never seen for months on end and the only reason you don't feel bad because you know he goes home to his hot wife.

Comment

Trust me, I've thought about it. Haha

To be fair, I'm not sure anyone is using those as the "sole basis" for supporting Demar. They are absolutely bench marks that any player would look to achieve when setting goals for themselves on an Individual basis though, and shouldn't be discounted or discarded. I can't imagine an empty producer, or useless scrub , or whatever we are calling him these days, would be able to achieve all of the above ...

I'm not sure anyone is saying Demar should be #1 Option, or is good enough to be a #1 Superstar or anything like that. I think people are actually closer to an agreement then most would believe, but its closing that final gap that seems to be insurmountable.
                    What if we drew a line in the sand?

Something like "thinking about giving Demar the max while watching Curry/Harden/Lebron play playoffs basketball makes me sad?"

That should be a pretty good unifying thought

Comment

Oh I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Axel. Having read through yet another Demar debate, it's not really a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's a matter how one interprets the facts and forms opinions based off of those facts.

Some people don't like Lebron. No matter how great you try to tell them he is.
                      Some people like Demar no matter how terrible you try to tell them he is.
                      Some people just have opinions based in part on the what they see, and in part on what they feel. Its those feelings that will not change.
                      My dislike for LeBron (and Harden for that matter) is solely based on flopping and denial of said flopping.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                        What if we drew a line in the sand?

Something like "thinking about giving Demar the max while watching Curry/Harden/Lebron play playoffs basketball makes me sad?"

That should be a pretty good unifying thought
                        I completely agree, as I don't believe anyone is advocating or claiming that Demar is a Max Player, and should be given a Max Contract.

There are those who believe Demar thinks he's a Max Player, but I have no idea what they are basing that off of.

Comment

I completely agree, as I don't believe anyone is advocating or claiming that Demar is a Max Player, and should be given a Max Contract.

There are those who believe Demar thinks he's a Max Player, but I have no idea what they are basing that off of.
                          I've never seen anyone say or imply this.

Personally, I think there's a chance the market will determine that Demar's a max player (or very close to it).
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

But we're about to touch 400 pages on DeMar.
                            Should also note that I am apparently 2nd only to mcHAPPY in contributing to those 400 pages, with 260 posts in this thread (geez...) to mcHAPPYs 573. Axel comes in 3rd with 195. Needless to say I've been on the other side of both of their feeling abouts Demar. Haha

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              I've never seen anyone say or imply this.

Personally, I think there's a chance the market will determine that Demar's a max player (or very close to it).
                              Ipso Facto, Demar, and his agent, demanding a Max Contract, based on market ...

The only scenario I can see the market determining Demar to be a Max (or near Max) player, is if he actually plays like a Max or near Max player ... in which case, pay the man, no?
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon May 25, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Ipso Facto, Demar and his agent, demanding a Max Contract ...

The only scenario I can see the market determining Demar to be a Max (or near Max) player, is if he actually plays like a Max or near Max player ... in which case, pay the man, no?
                                That's kind of twisting words/ideas. To say 'a player thinks he's a max player' is a loaded statement, suggesting a whole bunch of things the player thinks about his own talent and ability to lead a team. Quite different from saying 'the market may determine him to be a max player'.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X