Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Any argument saying he is a hard worker off the court is also a straw man argument as none of us can actually see this. What we can see is that he doesn't out work opponents on the court.

Doesn't "out work" (ie play with more intensity) TRoss =/= worse than TRoss

Your interpretation skill need work Joey
    Lol Your interpretation of "intensity" needs work if you seriously are going to sit here and argue Terrence Ross is more "intense" than Demar Derozan.

And I never said "worse"... you did.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Actually its his Dribble Coach (HandleLife) that posts it to Instagram.
      Despite what many of you may think "dribble2much" is not Demar. Lol
      yeah that would be "dribbleofffoot"
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        DeMar DeRozan will have his best season yet. Book it!
        Low bar.

DeMar may well have his best season yet.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DeMar DeRozan will have his best season yet. Book it!
          See the thing is he may very well have his best season. But how much of him having his best season have to do with the Toronto Raptors having a better season than the last?

If you ask me, I would say not much.

Comment

Lol Your interpretation of "intensity" needs work if you seriously are going to sit here and argue Terrence Ross is more "intense" than Demar Derozan.

All my posts below with 'worse' highlighted

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Honestly who gives a crap?

Dude doesn't out work anyone on the court so I call BS. You want to see a hard worker watch 30 seconds of MKG hound the crap out of the ball or going for an offensive rebound. That's real hard work.
            You missed the point of the argument

Point 1: DD is one of the hardest working guys in the NBA

Point 2: No he isn't. Compared to MKG

Point 3: He may not be a hard worker but he works harder than TRoss

Point 4: No he doesn't. I have seen Ross play harder than DD more often than not, and that says a lot because Ross, as we all know, loves to float through games.

Overall meaning: DD does not outwork anyone on the court, not even TRoss.
            We have all seen TR play harder than DD. Remember those games against George where he went at him defensively and shut him down? Ross has also does in spurts when he is engaged in the game.

Have you ever seen DD play that hard? No, because he is a soft player.
            Oh wait...I couldn't find it

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              See the thing is he may very well have his best season. But how much of him having his best season have to do with the Toronto Raptors having a better season than the last?

If you ask me, I would say not much.
              They go hand in hand. How does your second best player having a breakout season not help the team?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

All my posts below with 'worse' highlighted

Oh wait...I couldn't find it
                Then you need to look harder ... Lol

Comment

They go hand in hand. How does your second best player having a breakout season not help the team?
                  Whoa, whoa, I don't recall anyone saying breakout season. Marginal improvement is likely. Which doesn't get you much, considering the starting point.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Whoa, whoa, I don't recall anyone saying breakout season. Marginal improvement is likely. Which doesn't get you much, considering the starting point.
                    22.7/4.3/4.0 any improvement from that will definitely help this team.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Here we go. Unless you're trolling, then well played.

All posts in order

Honestly who gives a crap?

Dude doesn't out work anyone on the court so I call BS. You want to see a hard worker watch 30 seconds of MKG hound the crap out of the ball or going for an offensive rebound. That's real hard work.
                      We have all seen TR play harder than DD. Remember those games against George where he went at him defensively and shut him down? Ross has also does in spurts when he is engaged in the game.

Have you ever seen DD play that hard? No, because he is a soft player.
                      Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      How about that time when we played Cleveland in Cleveland and went head to head with LBJ.

I don't know why I'm even arguing this. Any statement made that Ross plays harder than DD is laughable.
                      Joey wrote: View Post
                      We have also ALL seen Demar play harder than TRoss 98% of the time... So there's that.
                      Your argument is that TR chooses when to be engaged and therefore, somehow gives more effort than Demar? Because of how he played Paul George ONE TIME?

You're defending a guy who literally didn't move the needle for us AT ALL this year? A guy who chooses to be "engaged" 1 out of 20 games? If that. Terrence Ross literally contributed ZERO to our bottom line this year. And you're going to try and argue that he gives more than Demar? Unreal.
                      You missed the point of the argument

Point 1: DD is one of the hardest working guys in the NBA

Point 2: No he isn't. Compared to MKG

Point 3: He may not be a hard worker but he works harder than TRoss

Point 4: No he doesn't. I have seen Ross play harder than DD more often than not, and that says a lot because Ross, as we all know, loves to float through games.

Overall meaning: DD does not outwork anyone on the court, not even TRoss.
                      I didn't miss anything ... I got it all.

You are saying that TRoss works harder than Demar "more often than not".
                      I find that hilarious and completely ridiculous.

The point I believe you missed, or are deliberately ignoring, is Bear said Demar has to be "one of the hardest working guys at posting stuff to social media". So first and fore-most, I believe Bear was making a joke, and you saw it as another opportunity to shit on Demar. +1 for you.

People tend to rave about Demars work ethic off the court. Which is obviously what was being discussed, and yet you created this complete straw man argument about how Demar gives no on-court effort, and is somehow now more useless than TRoss.
                      Exhibit A: This is I think where you are getting tripped up. Up until this point all I have been saying is that TRoss has out worked DD in games, and you took that as DD being more useless than Ross (ie worse).

To which I replied, correctly in the bold

Any argument saying he is a hard worker off the court is also a straw man argument as none of us can actually see this. What we can see is that he doesn't out work opponents on the court.

Your interpretation skill need work Joey
                      'Exhibit B' is bolded

Technically you said "Demar gives no on-court effort, and is somehow now more useless than TRoss". ie) this statement means "Demar gives no on-court effort, and is somehow now [worse] than TRoss". Which you falsely interpreted from my original statement 'Exhibit B'

Therefor my statement, "doesn't 'out work' (ie play with more intensity) TRoss [does not equal being] worse than TRoss", which you used to accuse me of saying that DD is worse than TRoss is an incorrect interpretation on your part, as you originally pulled that interpretation from 'Exhibit A'.

And therefor you put the interpretation worse first, however I technically wrote the word "worse" first. However I don't think this was the intention of the above post.

Then you need to look harder ... Lol
                      Make sense?

Comment

Here we go. Unless you're trolling, then well played.

All posts in order

Exhibit A: This is I think where you are getting tripped up. Up until this point all I have been saying is that TRoss has out worked DD in games, and you took that as DD being more useless than Ross (ie worse).

To which I replied, correctly in the bold

'Exhibit B' is bolded

Technically you said "Demar gives no on-court effort, and is somehow now more useless than TRoss". ie) this statement means "Demar gives no on-court effort, and is somehow now [worse] than TRoss". Which you falsely interpreted from my original statement 'Exhibit B'

Therefor my statement, "doesn't 'out work' (ie play with more intensity) TRoss [does not equal being] worse than TRoss", which you used to accuse me of saying that DD is worse than TRoss is an incorrect interpretation on your part, as you originally pulled that interpretation from 'Exhibit A'.

And therefor you put the interpretation worse first, however I technically wrote the word "worse" first. However I don't think this was the intention of the above post.

Make sense?
                        I commend the amount of effort that went into that, but was it really necessary when you concede that you in fact were the first to use "worse" by substituting it instead of the word I actually used?

My use of "more useless than TRoss" was to summarize your argument of Demar being "Soft", "doesn't outwork anyone on the court", "outworked by TRoss more often than not" etc. To which you somehow tried to correct me by saying all of that doesn't mean "worse" ... to which I replied "I never said worse"... and then you repeated the whole conversation back to me ... Make sense? :P Lol
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon Jun 8, 2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I commend the amount of effort that went into that, but was it really necessary when you concede that you in fact were the first to use "worse" by substituting it instead of the word I actually used?

My use of "more useless than TRoss" was to summarize your argument of Demar being "Soft", "doesn't outwork anyone on the court", "outworked by TRoss more often than not" etc. To which you somehow tried to correct me by saying all of that doesn't mean "worse" ... to which I replied "I never said worse"... and then you repeated the whole conversation back to me ... Make sense? :P Lol
                          Saying DD doesn't outwork TRoss does not equal saying DD is worse than TRoss. Those are fundamentally different statements that you are substituting for one another and falsely accusing of me saying, which I have not.

Again work on the reading comprehension

Comment

Saying DD doesn't outwork TRoss does not equal saying DD is worse than TRoss. Those are fundamentally different statements that you are substituting for one another and falsely accusing of me saying, which I have not.

Again work on the reading comprehension
                            What are you even going on about? I'm not disagreeing with that ... I'm simply saying I never said that you said Demar was worse than TRoss. You're arguing that point with yourself apparently, so carry on I guess...

I need to work on reading comprehension? Ok man. Lol

This is silly though. Lets stop this debate because its going nowhere.
                            Last edited by Joey; Mon Jun 8, 2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• I think I just became dumber for reading all that :P

Comment

• And I can't decide who outworked who.

Joey or OldSKoolCool
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X