Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Wasn't that someone supposed to be Ross? lol

Maybe Demar's team "sucks" because defensively he has to play major minutes with the following defensive scrubs (GV, Ross, JV).

Let's finally bring in some better players!

That being said, I wouldn't mind Ross at his true position (a BENCH SG). I still have high hopes for JV improving defensively. Goodbye GV - good guy but horrible defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry but you're a clown for calling JV a defensive "scrub". If he is a defensive scrub, so is DeRozan.

In terms of defensive performance last season I would rank JJ #1, then JV #2 then DeRozan at #3. No need to diss JV to try and prop DeRozan up it's why you don't get taken seriously.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I don't understand why you guys (Special1 and Jwash) will defend DeMar to death and actually want to subject yourselves to very mediocre basketball by declaring DeMar as the man of the team with no desire to look for any upgrades. Like, why? Cause he looks cool when he makes a fadeaway?
      Idk what you mean by defend DeRozan to the death. Like i said before if DD got traded tomorrow for a great return I would not bat and eyelash and would applaud the move. The dude doesn't NEED to be an integral piece if we can get something better but he also doesn't NEED to be shipped out and very likely won't be.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Idk what you mean by defend DeRozan to the death. Like i said before if DD got traded tomorrow for a great return I would not bat and eyelash and would applaud the move. The dude doesn't NEED to be an integral piece if we can get something better but he also doesn't NEED to be shipped out and very likely won't be.
        Sometimes I feel like they just want us to trade people for the hell of it. Like do you guys even think before you suggest these ridiculous scenarios. We're not going to trade one of the top SG's in the league for spare parts lol

Comment

• $25.3m

How much do you want to pay for mediocrity?

Cause that is how much it costs.

Trade his bottom

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            $25.3m

Trade his bottom
            Do you seriously think Demar is going to command $25M though? Honestly?
            How is that people can say he's so shit (not just you mcHAPPY), and in the same sentence say he will get paid $25M. I don't understand it. If he was as shit as people seem to think, then why would anyone pay him that much? I know I wouldn't, and I actually think he's a pretty good player.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              $25.3m

Trade his bottom
              First of all there's no guarantee DeRozan is going to cost that much.

This is the thing I don't understand. If DeRozan isn't a good player by your measure, how is he going to get the full max when 2016 free agency rolls out? You realize there are quite a few superstar players available that year who teams will be focussing their spending on first before going after 2nd tier all-stars like DeRozan right?

And you also realize that Valanciunas is eligible to make nearly the same no? Approximately 22M his first year. In fact it's more likely that JV gets the full max considering he's a restricted free agent and teams will have to overpay if they don't want the Raptors to match the contract.

So let's just simmer it down a bit. Every year there's a new reason why DeRozan has to be traded. In his 3rd year it was because he didn't improve much from his 3rd year, in his 4th year it was because BC gave him too big of an extension, in his 5th year it was because he had reached peak value (although he seems to do this every season according to internet Raps fans), and now it's because he is going to get paid too much next offseason. Calm down. He does not NEED to be shipped out.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Do you seriously think Demar is going to command $25M though? Honestly?
                How is that people can say he's so shit (not just you mcHAPPY), and in the same sentence say he will get paid $25M. I don't understand it. If he was as shit as people seem to think, then why would anyone pay him that much? I know I wouldn't, and I actually think he's a pretty good player.
                He's not shit IMO but there's a chance he gets a max contract from one of those crazy GM'S. Especially if they strike out on the tier 1 type of players, those GM'S will have a lot of money siting around and they won't want to look like a failure and come back empty handed so they start throwing ridiculous money at the 2nd or 3rd tier FA'S. Then at that point you'll have to either pay DD the max or let him walk for nothing. Letting him leave for nothing is terrible asset management. That's why some of us want to trade him.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  He's not shit IMO but there's a chance he gets a max contract from one of those crazy GM'S. Especially if they strike out on the tier 1 type of players, those GM'S will have a lot of money siting around and they won't want to look like a failure and come back empty handed so they start throwing ridiculous money at the 2nd or 3rd tier FA'S. Then at that point you'll have to either pay DD the max or let him walk for nothing. Letting him leave for nothing is terrible asset management. That's why some of us want to trade him.
                  If there's a chance Demar gets Max, then there was an even greater chance that Lowry got a Max offer, and yet somehow we got him for $13M. No one was clamouring to trade Lowry, or insisting he's got to go.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah sure everybody is technically a "player" in 2016 free agency, but most teams also have their own FAs they need to re-sign... I'm assuming not every DeRozan-tier-or-better player in the NBA is gonna walk out of FA with a max contract lol.

It's way too hard, and quite foolish to just project forwards and definitively say DeMar is going to get paid $25M with annual increases when FA rolls by.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      If there's a chance Demar gets Max, then there was an even greater chance that Lowry got a Max offer, and yet somehow we got him for $13M. No one was clamouring to trade Lowry, or insisting he's got to go.
                      Very good point lol. We had Houston, Miami and Los Angeles going after Lowry and retained him for a very fair contract. Lowry by most accounts is a superior player to DeMar at what most would call a more important position. Why then did he not receive a max contract starting at ~20M per year (I believe that's what he was eligible to make)? Age can't be the issue, because Lowry at 28 was less than two years older than DD will be next offseason.

Comment

Very good point lol. We had Houston, Miami and Los Angeles going after Lowry and retained him for a very fair contract. Lowry by most accounts is a superior player to DeMar at what most would call a more important position. Why then did he not receive a max contract starting at ~20M per year (I believe that's what he was eligible to make)? Age can't be the issue, because Lowry at 28 was less than two years older than DD will be next offseason.
                        Injuries history, character issues, league-wide depth at the PG position.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Injuries history, character issues, league-wide depth at the PG position.
                          Inefficiency in a #1 role, shot selection issues, league-wide desire for 3+D SGs.

Comment

Inefficiency in a #1 role, shot selection issues, league-wide desire for 3+D SGs.
                            So you're saying these are reasons Demar won't get the max?
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• 25.3 milli is absolutely insane. i get a general sense that DD is kind of delusional about a lot of things (his own game, the "haters") but this is nuts.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                So you're saying these are reasons Demar won't get the max?
                                Of course there are reasons he won't get Max. Demars "Max" is a lot different than a Chandler Parsons or Gordon Hayward getting Max. The Max that Demar is eligible for is generally reserved for players who at least have a good case for a Max, as "potential" is no longer the reason for them actually getting it like Parsons or Hayward.

People will point to Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Amare, as players who got a Max and shouldn't have, but even they had a MUCH stronger case than Demar does. I've fully outlined it before, so don't really want to get into it, but Demar has nothing on what they had to offer, so again, I see no scenario, crazy GMs and all, where Demar gets a Max deal. I just don't. And I don't think Demar is dumb enough to think he is worth that.

Comment

Working...
                                X