Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Do you seriously think Demar is going to command $25M though? Honestly?
    How is that people can say he's so shit (not just you mcHAPPY), and in the same sentence say he will get paid $25M. I don't understand it. If he was as shit as people seem to think, then why would anyone pay him that much? I know I wouldn't, and I actually think he's a pretty good player.
    He isn't shit. He just isn't great. His role on the team requires great - and that just isn't him.

And yes, I believe the starting point from his agent is going to be max.

There is also the fact he can ask but it doesn't mean he will get. But he will be UFA and if he perceives the Raptors aren't giving into his demands he can walk. The history of the franchise with walking FAs gives him leverage with a fan base that he has always said the exact things they wanted to hear (I give him the benefit of more than lip service on his part).

Next year just about every team in the league will have max cap space. There are going to be a lot of GMs making poor decisions because they feel they have to spend. And in the new cap world, anything more than $17m is too much.

DeRozan is a relic of Colangelos days of building around multiple fundamentally flawed players with each one suppose to cancel the others weaknesses.

Comment

• i dunno if Demar will get 25 mil but chandler parsons got 46 over 3 years. the contracts that are going to be handed out in a couple years are going to be bonkers.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        He isn't shit. He just isn't great. His role on the team requires great - and that just isn't him.

There is also the fact he can ask but it doesn't mean he will get. But he will be UFA and if he perceives the Raptors aren't giving into his demands he can walk. The history of the franchise with walking FAs gives him leverage with a fan base that he has always said the exact things they wanted to hear (I give him the benefit of more than lip service on his part).

Next year just about every team in the league will have max cap space. There are going to be a lot of GMs making poor decisions because they feel they have to spend. And in the new cap world, anything more than $17m is too much.

DeRozan is a relic of Colangelos days of building around multiple fundamentally flawed players with each one suppose to cancel the others weaknesses.
        So what do you believe his case would be for demanding $25M?

Because GMs overspending and making rash decisions is one thing, but saying you think he and his agent will start off asking for that is something completely different.

Comment

While this is true a LOT of teams have their own free agents to worry about re-signing as well. And not every DeRozan-tier guy is gonna get 25M a year lol.

Do you think Al Horford (who will have 10 years of exp by the time his FA rolls around) is gonna get a contract approaching 30M a year? He's considered better than DeRozan by most guys here and was the leader of a superior team to the Raptors this year.

Comment

• The next CBA should lower the max to 5 mil and just give it to everybody! That would make it easy.

Comment

Because GMs overspending and making rash decisions is one thing, but saying you think he and his agent will start off asking for that is something completely different.
              Simple:

PPG.

They'll say, "it's hard to find players who score as much as Demar, and the ones who do get paid the max."
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Would like to reiterate again that Valanciunas is more likely to get maxed out than DeRozan is simply by virtue of being an RFA. Why nobody talks about this? Idk. Very clear bias on these forums. I'd love to keep both guys for the record.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Simple:

PPG.

They'll say, "it's hard to find players who score as much as Demar, and the ones who do get paid the max."
                  I expect he and his agent would be laughed out of the building if that was their argument. By any team.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Simple:

PPG.

So why in the blue hell did Parsons and Hayward get the max when both guys were scoring in the mid-teens? Monta Ellis just one year prior only got 8M per year for scoring a shade under 20ppg.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks DeRozan is gonna get the full 7-9 years of exp max at ~25M next offseason is either expecting him to put up superstar numbers next season, or lying to themselves. Pick one.

Comment

I'm an allstar.
                        I was underpaid on my last contract.
                        I am face of franchise.
                        I get better every year.
                        I don't party I watch video New Year's Eve.
                        I score 20ppg
                        I think I am better than I am.
                        I keep getting better.
                        You have my bird rights and can offer me more than anyone else....if you're not going to take advantage of that I will take my talents elsewhere.
                        You don't want fan base to lose faith over another bosh like situation.
                        I am not giving a discount now - look at Wade.

I don't believe most of above fwiw.

Listen to his interviews. He thinks he is great, he thinks he takes good shots, shots he should hit. He thinks the harder the shot the more likely to go in. He views the team as his own. He has been placed on pedestal by Casey for years.

Comment

• i think DD has some desirable qualities that GM will want. namely the PPG part yeah, but also the getting to the line and he's a great free throw shooter.

but seriously if Chandler Parsons and his agent can sucker someone into paying him 15 mil a year i have no doubt DD and his agent will be able to get at least 20 when the cap rises.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'm an allstar.
                            I was underpaid on my last contract.
                            I am face of franchise.
                            I get better every year.
                            I don't party I watch video New Year's Eve.
                            I score 20ppg
                            I think I am better than I am.
                            I keep getting better.
                            You have my bird rights and can offer me more than anyone else....if you're not going to take advantage of that I will take my talents elsewhere.
                            You don't want fan base to lose faith over another bosh like situation.
                            I am not giving a discount now - look at Wade.

I don't believe most of above fwiw.
                            Those are arguments you make for $16M-$18M. Not $25M.
                            Again, I believe if that is their approach, they will be laughed out of the building. And I like Demar.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                              Would like to reiterate again that Valanciunas is more likely to get maxed out than DeRozan is simply by virtue of being an RFA. Why nobody talks about this? Idk. Very clear bias on these forums. I'd love to keep both guys for the record.
                              Because JV will be a under 6 years of service where demar is at 7.
                              Considerable difference in dollar amounts.
                              The final decision rests with team in RFA.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                While this is true a LOT of teams have their own free agents to worry about re-signing as well. And not every DeRozan-tier guy is gonna get 25M a year lol.

Do you think Al Horford (who will have 10 years of exp by the time his FA rolls around) is gonna get a contract approaching 30M a year? He's considered better than DeRozan by most guys here and was the leader of a superior team to the Raptors this year.
                                Al Horford might get max, I think. It's all about health with him. If he stays healthy and passes medical checks, he's a good enough player for someone to pay that much.

I think he'd get max if he entered free agency this season. Healthy season, the Hawks won 60 games, he's their best player, at least arguably. He'd get paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X