Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Wait what?

Wouldn't they have the same issue of paying DD the max that we do?
    It's dependant on them wanting to tank. They drop salary and can them do a sign and trade with demar and whatever team wants to pay him. Cap space and young players

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      It's dependant on them wanting to tank. They drop salary and can them do a sign and trade with demar and whatever team wants to pay him. Cap space and young players
      So why can't we do this if DD does in fact ask for too much money?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        So why can't we do this if DD does in fact ask for too much money?
        Because we want to win now.

Comment

• Problem is Demar is looking for #1 scorer money when he isnt really a #1 scorer but he is used as one. If the Raptors used JV as the primary scorer and Demar as #2 or #3 then Demar would be paid a fair amount. If another team wants to pay him superstar money let him walk and be happy for him. He should get about Gay money 3/40M

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Problem is Demar is looking for #1 scorer money when he isnt really a #1 scorer but he is used as one. If the Raptors used JV as the primary scorer and Demar as #2 or #3 then Demar would be paid a fair amount. If another team wants to pay him superstar money let him walk and be happy for him. He should get about Gay money 3/40M
            Let him walk for nothing ?? We lost TMac and Bosh for nothing and traded VC for nothing. If we are no going to pay him then we need to trade him this offseason. We have developed this assest and cannot get nothing for it.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Let him walk for nothing ?? We lost TMac and Bosh for nothing and traded VC for nothing. If we are no going to pay him then we need to trade him this offseason. We have developed this assest and cannot get nothing for it.
              Only superstars get traded for something contract year. If Demar is having a good season then try to move him at the trade deadline for something. Under no circumstance should the Raptors pay him star money

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                So why do people believe Harris deserve the max more than DD?
                Because their maxes (based on their years in the league and other parameters) are different amounts. Harris max is 15 mill Demars is 25 million. That is the short answer.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  PHX just drafted Booker and I have a feeling they are going back to the tank because that was the plan before 2 seasons ago happened very similar to Raps in that totally unexpected.

Also they are all about the 3 ball and DeRozan....well, I don't think I need to go there.
                  Apparently Phx is going after Love/Aldridge, so I don't think they are yet committed to going back to the drawing board.

They only have about $12M in cap space though, so moves would have to be made to even have a chance at Love/LA (both seem highly unlikely to me). If they deal a Morris or two, then we know they are serious.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Apparently Phx is going after Love/Aldridge, so I don't think they are yet committed to going back to the drawing board.

They only have about $12M in cap space though, so moves would have to be made to even have a chance at Love/LA (both seem highly unlikely to me). If they deal a Morris or two, then we know they are serious.
                    I'm not sure how Love/Aldridge are attracted to PHX. We will see though. Stranger things have happened.

Re: Morris, with their pending legal issues, I doubt they are tradeable but, again, stranger things have happened.

Comment

I'm not sure how Love/Aldridge are attracted to PHX. We will see though. Stranger things have happened.

Re: Morris, with their pending legal issues, I doubt they are tradeable but, again, stranger things have happened.
                      I agree on both parts, but apparently Phx may not. If I'm LA or Love, why would I want to sign for less money on a less competitive team? Spurs/Mavs, Cavs/Lakers are still the front runners in my mind and can't see how Phx cracks that.

If Phx is moving the twins for salary purposes, could be a nice buy low opportunity, even without the added discount of their legal woes.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Here's the source for the rumoured interest:

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report...VMdcGxlqMJE.97

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                          Well its no secret that Casey favours veterans. Its also different when you have 2 early-mid lottery pick rookies versus a late first round rookie. I would think there is a lot more pressure to find minutes for the lottery pick rooks.
                          Pro sports is so cut throat and coaches are measured mostly by one stat in particular: wins. It's no wonder he's rolling vets. This team is his resume for his next job and the stats are one way to measure the success of a coach. Those stats are going to suggest Casey isn't so bad, he kept making the playoffs with the "lowly" Toronto Raptors. Bravo, Casey.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          So why do people believe Harris deserve the max more than DD?
                          DeRozan doesn't deserve max money, period. I don't need player comparisons to tell me that. He can't carry a team anywhere, as evident in the playoffs. He can't inspire his teammates to rise to the challenge, as evident in the playoffs.

Max money is a huge commitment and it limits what you can do with your team. Unless you're getting a dominate force you're shooting yourself in the foot by giving a player max money. You're turning an asset into cement shoes.

Comment

I agree on both parts, but apparently Phx may not. If I'm LA or Love, why would I want to sign for less money on a less competitive team? Spurs/Mavs, Cavs/Lakers are still the front runners in my mind and can't see how Phx cracks that.

If Phx is moving the twins for salary purposes, could be a nice buy low opportunity, even without the added discount of their legal woes.
                            I wonder about this:

PHX: DeRozan, Burke, 2016 Raps pick, 2017 Clippers pick
                            Utah: Bledsoe
                            Toronto: Favors, Tucker

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=q4zkcyd

Fails now but would go through after moratorium when Raptors have cap space.

Utah clears $2.2M to allow them to offer a max contract to 7-9 year player.
                            PHX clears $7M to allow them to offer a max contract 7-9 year player.

Comment

I wonder about this:

We'd still be able to offer Tobias Harris a near-max contract starting at 14.9M instead of 15.8M.

Imagine that...

Lowry/Wright/Vet Min
                              Tucker/Ross/Powell
                              Harris/JJ/Bruno
                              Favors/PP/Daniels
                              JV/BeBe/Vet Min
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I wonder about this:

Seems plausible at least. Really hinges on how much Utah likes Bledsoe. If they view him as a bigger prize than Favors, then they might do it and sign Millsap to play next to Gobert.

Certainly makes sense for Phx, adding picks, DD, Trey Burke to play PG behind Knight and then the cap space to chase LA or Love.

At the end of the day, I can't understand why Phx would roll the dice for LA or Love, when Phx is likely 3rd or worse in the pecking order for destinations of each guy. If they had the cap space, that is one thing, but when you have to move players to accommodate the signing, you damn well better be a top 2 destination choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X