Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    We'd still be able to offer Tobias Harris a near-max contract starting at 14.9M instead of 15.8M.

Imagine that...

Lowry/Wright/Vet Min
    Tucker/Ross/Powell
    Harris/JJ/Bruno
    Favors/PP/Daniels
    JV/BeBe/Vet Min
    I don't love the idea of Tucker starting at SG. Him and Harris together would create spacing issues (although our defence would be pretty damn good). Still, a solid roster moving forward. Tucker seems like a guy you could flip too (solid defender, reasonable contract).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Tucker and Harris shoot 35% and 36% from 3 respectively. Not exactly a spacing disaster. I mean, right now we have DeMar who's never broken 30% and Ross who was 37% last season.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I don't love the idea of Tucker starting at SG. Him and Harris together would create spacing issues (although our defence would be pretty damn good). Still, a solid roster moving forward. Tucker seems like a guy you could flip too (solid defender, reasonable contract).
        Tucker and Harris are both much better 3pt shooters than Derozan, and in fact close to Ross's percentage (~35% for each, compared to Ross at 37%)

Comment

We'd still be able to offer Tobias Harris a near-max contract starting at 14.9M instead of 15.8M.

Imagine that...

Lowry/Wright/Vet Min
          Tucker/Ross/Powell
          Harris/JJ/Bruno
          Favors/PP/Daniels
          JV/BeBe/Vet Min
          Oh I imagine...frequently.

I would put ross at SG and have tucker first wing off bench.

If ross continues to poop the bed like last year, I'd switch it up later.

Have to give ross an opportunity to play to his strengths in natural position. Hopefully it happens before he is overpaid or goes elsewhere and becomes the next Danny green

Comment

Tucker and Harris shoot 35% and 36% from 3 respectively. Not exactly a spacing disaster. I mean, right now we have DeMar who's never broken 30% and Ross who was 37% last season.
            I dunno, the last time Tucker played the majority of his minutes at SG (3 seasons ago), he only shot 31% (so basically DD territory). Think he'll struggle to get open looks against quicker defenders at SG.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Imagine a small ball lineup of

Lowry
              Ross
              Tucker
              Harris
              PP

No interior D but should be fun on O

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Imagine a small ball lineup of

Lowry
                Ross
                Tucker
                Harris
                PP

No interior D but should be fun on O
                ugh

Comment

I wonder about this:

PHX: DeRozan, Burke, 2016 Raps pick, 2017 Clippers pick
                  Utah: Bledsoe
                  Toronto: Favors, Tucker

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=q4zkcyd

Fails now but would go through after moratorium when Raptors have cap space.

Utah clears $2.2M to allow them to offer a max contract to 7-9 year player.
                  PHX clears $7M to allow them to offer a max contract 7-9 year player.
                  hmmm this is actually pretty plausible

would have to get a shooter or 2 though
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oh I imagine...frequently.

I would put ross at SG and have tucker first wing off bench.

If ross continues to poop the bed like last year, I'd switch it up later.

Have to give ross an opportunity to play to his strengths in natural position. Hopefully it happens before he is overpaid or goes elsewhere and becomes the next Danny green
                    DeRozan is basically the SF on both sides of the ball anyway, he usually guards the bigger defender.

If we moved the ball better and had some form of structured non-iso offense, Ross would be above 40% from 3, and DeRozan would probably crack 30% while being more efficient from other areas.

But let's just ignore all that cause it doesn't matter and no matter what system DD is in he'd be a chucker.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      hmmm this is actually pretty plausible

would have to get a shooter or 2 though
                      Everything I propose is plausible

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        So why do people believe Harris deserve the max more than DD?
                        DD's max deal will be $10M more per year than Harris max deal. Massive difference.

Comment

If Lou comes back, it is essential that he sign for 7.1M starting salary. If you have to give him 5 years and max raises, so the average works up to 8.2M per year, so be it. Because that means you still have room to make a max offer on a guy like Harris.
                          You want to ask yourself does a five year deal for that kind of money still look like a good deal in two or three years from now. If the answer is no then they shouldn't be doing that.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            So why do people believe Harris deserve the max more than DD?
                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            Have you been following?

Max goes up significantly in 2016
                            Harris is 4 year vet vs dd going to be 7 year - that takes on about $3m to starting salary.

I'm not even going to bother on game because I broke my keyboard off my head.
                            Calm down man, he didn't know that the maxes aren't the same. Not everybody fully understands the changes coming to the cap.

Christian it's because Harris' max is like 15M or so while DD's would be close to 25M next year.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              You want to ask yourself does a five year deal for that kind of money still look like a good deal in two or three years from now. If the answer is no then they shouldn't be doing that.
                              That's what I was thinking too, but an 8M deal is only like <10% of the new cap. It'd be equivalent to like a 5-6M per year deal now which really isn't too bad. Tbh it could look good in a few years to have a guy scoring 15ppg for that little money. Fans will probably freak out though if they see "Raptors sign Lou Williams to 5yr/40M deal".

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                That's what I was thinking too, but an 8M deal is only like <10% of the new cap. It'd be equivalent to like a 5-6M per year deal now which really isn't too bad. Tbh it could look good in a few years to have a guy scoring 15ppg for that little money. Fans will probably freak out though if they see "Raptors sign Lou Williams to 5yr/40M deal".
                                A bad deal is a bad deal. It freezes cap that could be better used elsewhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X