• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    Demar will shoot better this season i have thsi guy feeling

44-46% from the field and 35ish% from deep

averaging 20-23/5-6/4.5-5.5
    If DD does that then I'm all on board for giving him what he wants. Like I said, he needs to earn this next contract.

Comment

• Derozan hate is still absolutely hilarious

Comment

Demar will shoot better this season i have thsi guy feeling

44-46% from the field and 35ish% from deep

averaging 20-23/5-6/4.5-5.5
        July 26, 2014: Demar Derozan predictions thread

Abbas wrote: View Post
        I say
        24ppg/5rpg/4.5apg/1.5spg/0.5bpg shooting 45%FG & 33%3FG on 37 mins per game

with a per of anywhere between 18.5~20.5

All star and best SG in the East
        Optimism is great, just don't let it become delusion.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Amir is getting 12 ... Carol is getting 15 ... The numbers are changed. DD at 20-22.5 will be very reasonable.
          Everyone understands the numbers have changed. $25M is still a lot of money for player who is a second or third option on a legit contender in my opinion.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            We let him walk and use the cap space to offer one of the many other SG that will be in free agency. Or we facilitate a sign and trade with the team that wants to pay him. Atlanta just got a pretty good center for free (Splitter) because of cap space needs. We'll have options that don't involve bringing him back at a price we don't like.
            Why wait if they can flip him for real value now or at the deadline?

Comment

its cause he will have more spacing to do his thing and more open 3s

If we do get LMA, he wont be guard by the best defender or less likely to get double teamed. Im sure DD will kill most secondary defenders

which would result in a more efficient game

In the playoffs he wasnt the only one who shoot the play bad, the whole team did

DD was easily the best player on the team during playoffs, if others stepped up we wouldnt have gotten swept
              LMA is now pretty much out of the question due to the demare carroll signing. even if we did get LMA, how would defensive assignments be any different?? jimmy butler would still be guarding DD. unless you think 2s and 3s generally guard 4s and 5s now?

saying anyone was the 'best player' in the playoffs for the raptors is like saying dog shit tastes better than cat shit. who cares. everyone was total shit.

Comment

• SO then, let him walk and play a scrub at the two and go back to the 8th-10th seed right?

Sweet

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  SO then, let him walk and play a scrub at the two and go back to the 8th-10th seed right?

Sweet
                  No, you either deal him before or commit to whatever ridiculous number the market dictates. They cannot come away empty handed because that makes no sense.

I like Demar, I just don't think he's a legit franchise player you build around. End of the day they can't let him go for nothing even if that means they pay him.

Comment

its cause he will have more spacing to do his thing and more open 3s

If we do get LMA, he wont be guard by the best defender or less likely to get double teamed. Im sure DD will kill most secondary defenders

which would result in a more efficient game

In the playoffs he wasnt the only one who shoot the play bad, the whole team did

DD was easily the best player on the team during playoffs, if others stepped up we wouldnt have gotten swept
                    Raptors’ DeRozan, Lowry not delivering in playoffs
                    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...96952980,d.aWw
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• wasnt i close tho
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        No, you either deal him before or commit to whatever ridiculous number the market dictates. They cannot come away empty handed because that makes no sense.

I like Demar, I just don't think he's a legit franchise player you build around. End of the day they can't let him go for nothing even if that means they pay him.

I completely agree but I feel we will end up paying him his money regardless. Unless some Godfather deal gets put on the table in front of Masai, then DD is gonna be a raptor-lifer. Its sad but true.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Just a note for those saying that DD wants 23 M, or 25.3M, per year, neither are correct.

He wants a max offer. Assuming an 89M cap, his starting salary would be 25,148,368.

But that's not his average salary. That's his starting salary. If he signed a true max deal with Toronto, that's 7.5% raises (1.88M per year) and 5 years, totalling $144,603,116. Or 28.9M per year.

Just so we are all on the same page in terms of what that "DeMar's camp seeks max" report really means.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            I think another thing that needs to be clarified in all of this, is that majority of those "defending" Demar are not actually against trading him. Its the notion that he MUST be traded that I believe is up for debate... just thought that needed highlighting.
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            Just a note for those saying that DD wants 23 M, or 25.3M, per year, neither are correct.

He wants a max offer. Assuming an 89M cap, his starting salary would be 25,148,368.

But that's not his average salary. That's his starting salary. If he signed a true max deal with Toronto, that's 7.5% raises (1.88M per year) and 5 years, totalling $144,603,116. Or 28.9M per year.

Just so we are all on the same page in terms of what that "DeMar's camp seeks max" report really means.
                            Thanks for clarifying that for everyone... still subject to change I guess if the cap isn't at exactly 89M but for now that's as close to an accurate prediction as we're gonna get

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Just a note for those saying that DD wants 23 M, or 25.3M, per year, neither are correct.

If you're argue for keeping Demar, those numbers aren't helping

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

That's...that's actually much worse.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X