Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He averaged 6 during the playoffs. I don't see why it so hard to up one stat by 1. You guys don't give him enough credit for his playmaking.
    Because you're talking over a 100% increase on his career average and over 40% on last season.

Comment

He averaged 6 during the playoffs. I don't see why it so hard to up one stat by 1. You guys don't give him enough credit for his playmaking.
      So 4 games, all of which we lost....

If it is as easy as you want to believe, then how come he has never done it for a full month stretch?
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

This year he averaged 20.1/3.5/4.6(missed 25 games)

Last year 22.7/4.0/4.3(healthy)

Its not far fetched at all. So back to back years DD has been close to putting up numbers that only 27 other players have? Sounds like a 20+ player to me.
        Well, let's see, how close is he really? How easy is it to go from 22/4/4 to 22/5/5?

Well, in the history of the NBA, among all guards and wings, there have been 243 individual player seasons with 22/4/4 or more.

There have been 104 with 22/5/5. So twice as unlikely. Not really that close.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Because you're talking over a 100% increase on his career average and over 40% on last season.
          40% increase in a contract year. Also less please not for he missef 25 games last year.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• i'd give him credit for his playmaking if he wasn't so inefficient with his own offense
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

40% increase in a contract year. Also less please not for he missef 25 games last year.
              Another classic.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Well, let's see, how close is he really? How easy is it to go from 22/4/4 to 22/5/5?

Well, in the history of the NBA, among all guards and wings, there have been 243 individual player seasons with 22/4/4 or more.

There have been 104 with 22/5/5. So twice as unlikely. Not really that close.
                Even if just averages 22/4/4 again that's a 20+ mil players.

Look at it this way DeMar could easily have 3 straight season of averaging 20+/3+/3+ with three straight 45+ win as a team. Your telling that doesn't deserve 20 mil?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Another classic.
                  Is it not true? Have you ever had a tendon in your groin torn before? If you have please give us insight on the recovery.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Even if just averages 22/4/4 again that's a 20+ mil players.

Look at it this way DeMar could easily have 3 straight season of averaging 20+/3+/3+ with three straight 45+ win as a team. Your telling that doesn't deserve 20 mil?
                    There isn't one d in TEAM let alone two.

In the ongoing attempts to progressively get better, signing DD at $20+ places an anchor on the progression.

Unless the only metric you care for is PPG, DD just isn't a consistent impact player.

And consistency comes down to the heart of the matter for me. Guys you pay max or near max levels to need to produce night in and night out for 90+% of games played over the course of the entire season and playoffs.

Comment

Is it not true? Have you ever had a tendon in your groin torn before? If you have please give us insight on the recovery.
                      Oh stop it.

Enough.

Please.

You're killing me.

Injuries happen, dude. The best players and teams deal with them - they don't make excuses.

Comment

He was bad before the injury. Unless his groin is prophetic, can we stop using that as a reason for last year. Plus missing games wouldn't hurt his averages.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          He was bad before the injury. Unless his groin is prophetic, can we stop using that as a reason for last year. Plus missing games wouldn't hurt his averages.
                          And then there is that.

Comment

Oh stop it.

Enough.

Please.

You're killing me.

Injuries happen, dude. The best players and teams deal with them - they don't make excuses.
                            He dealt with it fine. You saw how he closed out the season. Less not act like missing a quarter of the season doesn't effect a player.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

And how'd that work out for us? The only playoff stat that means anything at all is 0 W, 4 L.

Edit: actually, there's other stats that mean something, but they all hurt, so let's save ourselves the pain of bringing them up.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

*INSERT DEMARISM HERE*

But he works so hard.
                                But he gets better every year.
                                But he loves Toronto.

Take your pick
                                "works so hard" and "good to have around the young guys"

I dont accept this as a reason to keep anyone on the team. Why?

Personally if we are bringing a player to our team they should be self motivated to better themselves. Because player X works hard, does not mean player Y will work hard as well.

Hell look at JV and Bruno, from day 1 they have both been extremely hard working because that is who they are....DDs work ethic has no effect on them

Comment

Working...
                                X