No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only thing I care about is do you win games for the team. I could give two or maybe even three shits about stats. Andre Igoudala wins you games, Kyle Lowry wins you games, Kevin Love and Carmelo Anthony don't. I'd give max deals to Iggy and Lowry before I gave it to Love or Melo
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Max is $29M though. If that is what he is asking for, do you really think he'll take $10M less? A full 2/3 of his asking price? How much does DD love this city?
      He said to be asking 25 mil.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Ah, good move. When challenged, walk back your predictions but stick to your conclusions as though said predictions were irrelevant in the first place.

Also, others on the 20/3/3 list lately: Rudy Gay. Tony Parker. Goran Dragic.

Do those guys deserve the max? Or 20 million?
        Gay, 3 yr $40M. Getting $12M next year, $13M the year after then Player Option.

Parker 3yr $43M. $13M next year, $14M year after.

Dragic just signed 5 yr $90M, so $18M per until details are released.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Ah, good move. When challenged, walk back your predictions but stick to your conclusions as though said predictions were irrelevant in the first place.

Did you see what the Dragon just got paid?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            He said to be asking 25 mil.
            Where? All I have seen is that he would be seeking the max, which some mistakenly said was $25M, but it's really not.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Max is $29M though. If that is what he is asking for, do you really think he'll take $10M less? A full 2/3 of his asking price? How much does DD love this city?
              Well $29M is the average over the length of a Max contract I believe, not the starting salary, which I believe is what the 18-20 that is being thrown out is representing. A contract starting at $20M could still average $25M-ish, which isn't too far off the $29M.

That being said, the only thing we've heard is "rumblings that Demars camp will ask for Max". That could mean anything. That could mean everyone hear speculating about it... those are "Rumblings". So I still say we have no idea what's going to happen, and what Demar and his agent will be looking to secure.

Comment

Demar is younger than all 3. He is still on the rise while the 3 you mentioned are on the decline or soon to be declining. Dragic almost got that recently anyway and hes 29

Comment

Gay, 3 yr $40M. Getting $12M next year, $13M the year after then Player Option.

Parker 3yr $43M. $13M next year, $14M year after.

Unfortunately you can't compare these deals to new deals.

Better to look at percentage of the cap when the deals are signed.

Gays 13 million is 19% of the cap

in 3 years 15 million is 13% of the cap.

If you got a starting SF for 13% of the cap you are doing all right....

which we did with Carroll
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Where? All I have seen is that he would be seeking the max, which some mistakenly said was $25M, but it's really not.
                    It is $25mm. (Stsrts at anyway.) Maybe you are thinking of 29% of the cap?

Comment

What happened with that anyway? All I've seen for the last few weeks was that his max was 25.

Comment

• DanH wrote:
                        Also, others on the 20/3/3 list lately ... Goran Dragic.

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Right, and that relative to next years cap is $20M+. So is Dragic over paid?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          I think Dan said that over a 5 year max contact, we'd be paying him ~$29M per year.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                            What happened with that anyway? All I've seen for the last few weeks was that his max was 25.
                            max also has annual increases. a 5 year deal that starts at 25 calculates to over 140M total for the 5 years. the power of compound interest.

demar should see a dermatologist

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Jangles wrote: View Post
                              As I mentioned above, $29M is the average over the length of a Max contract for Demar. Much different from Starting Salaries. Lets make sure we are debating, and comparing, the same things here.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                As I mentioned above, $29M is the average over the length of a Max contract for Demar. Much different from Starting Salaries. Lets make sure we are debating, and comparing, the same things here.
                                no just random thoughts loosely involving demar is better

Comment

Working...
                                X