Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Well $29M is the average over the length of a Max contract I believe, not the starting salary, which I believe is what the 18-20 that is being thrown out is representing. A contract starting at $20M could still average $25M-ish, which isn't too far off the $29M.

That being said, the only thing we've heard is "rumblings that Demars camp will ask for Max". That could mean anything. That could mean everyone hear speculating about it... those are "Rumblings". So I still say we have no idea what's going to happen, and what Demar and his agent will be looking to secure.
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    It is $25mm. (Stsrts at anyway.) Maybe you are thinking of 29% of the cap?
    Jangles wrote: View Post
    What happened with that anyway? All I've seen for the last few weeks was that his max was 25.
    I'm going off what I thought Dan wrote. If I'm wrong on that, then I'm pulling a thead and pretending it never existed. Or if that fails, a power trip banning all who disagreed with me for a week.

Last edited by Axel; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 11:51 AM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

As I mentioned above, $29M is the average over the length of a Max contract for Demar. Much different from Starting Salaries. Lets make sure we are debating, and comparing, the same things here.
      Typically contracts refer to the first year of their deal, which is what was reported in the rumors, not the average. That's what's used to establish differences in negotiations.

Axel wrote:
      Max is $29M though. If that is what he is asking for, do you really think he'll take $10M less? A full 2/3 of his asking price? How much does DD love this city?
      $20mm vs $25mm would thus be more accurate and would be a discount of about 20%. Not unreasonable imo.

If we're using the average over the length of the contract, 4/5 years of which take place in a significantly higher cap, it's not really fair to compare to any contract right now without talking in terms only of % of cap. The numbers are too loaded otherwise. But % of cap would still be too high imo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Typically contracts refer to the first year of their deal, which is what was reported in the rumors, not the average. That's what's used to establish differences in negotiations.
        Absolutely. I was simply pointing out that some were using Average Salary, and some were using Starting Salaries.
        Hard to have a good debate when people are using different metrics.

Comment

Absolutely. I was simply pointing out that some were using Average Salary, and some were using Starting Salaries.
          432 pages and now people are establishing a topic

Comment

Isn't that the entire crux of the Derozan debate? PPG vs TS%, yadda yadda yadda

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• really tough to judge value with the cap changing so drastically.

deals signed this year with Carroll and Joseph will like look steals with a 110 million cap.

Cleveland is doing it right by paying Irving, Love, and Tristan so that in year 3 they barely owe tax
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• maybe we should stop fixating on specific numbers and ask what percentage of your cap is DeRozan worth
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  maybe we should stop fixating on specific numbers and ask what percentage of your cap is DeRozan worth
                  Which cap year? lol

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    max also has annual increases. a 5 year deal that starts at 25 calculates to over 140M total for the 5 years. the power of compound interest.

demar should see a dermatologist
                    >$140mm is right, but interest is not compounded. Raises are based off the first year's salary.

And what's with all your shitposting lately? Are you doing it for attention or what?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Isn't that the entire crux of the Derozan debate? PPG vs TS%, yadda yadda yadda
                      But with the current DeBate being "Max Contract vs. Near-Max Contract", it doesn't hurt to make sure everyone is at least on the same page in terms of what numbers mean what...

$25M-ish is the Starting Salary for a Max deal.
                      $29M-ish is the Average Salary for a Max Deal over its contract length.

Just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. If we are, or already were, then forget I said anything. Haha I just got confused with reading the different numbers. But I'm easily confused .. so there is that.

Comment

Which cap year? lol
                        I'd use the 110M cap and figure it out from there

Comment

>$140mm is right, but interest is not compounded. Raises are based off the first year's salary.

And what's with all your shitposting lately? Are you doing it for attention or what?
                          It's isn't compounded like the bank but each raise add to the prevoius. 10M + 10% means a final figure after 5 years of 15M if compounded it would be 16.1M I believe.

Comment

On vacation until August and bored as shit

Comment

But with the current DeBate being "Max Contract vs. Near-Max Contract", it doesn't hurt to make sure everyone is at least on the same page in terms of what numbers mean what...

$25M-ish is the Starting Salary for a Max deal.
                              $29M-ish is the Average Salary for a Max Deal over its contract length.

Just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. If we are, or already were, then forget I said anything. Haha I just got confused with reading the different numbers. But I'm easily confused .. so there is that.
                              Well for me it is simple, cause I wouldn't pay $20M or up, so $25M or $29M or $22M is all too much for me.

I said $12M before the free agency started, based on the new figures, $16M seems fair to me.

Comment

Well for me it is simple, cause I wouldn't pay $20M or up, so $25M or $29M or $22M is all too much for me.

I said $12M before the free agency started, based on the new figures, $16M seems fair to me.
                                So not on board with the 28M avg salary then?

Comment

Working...
                                X