Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Well for me it is simple, cause I wouldn't pay $20M or up, so $25M or $29M or $22M is all too much for me.

I said $12M before the free agency started, based on the new figures, $16M seems fair to me.
    This is about where I stand.

In terms of skill and overall impact, Demar would be around the same tier as people like Rudy and Monta. Their deals would ideally be around what Demar is worth.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      This is about where I stand.

In terms of skill and overall impact, Demar would be around the same tier as people like Rudy and Monta. Their deals would ideally be around what Demar is worth.
      I think Dragics deal ($90M/5) is a perfect reflection of what Demar can expect.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        So not on board with the 28M avg salary then?
        Only if that includes a starting PF in the total.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          And even that ($18M flat avg pending details) is above what I think he's worth. I could stomach $18M, but I'd complain about it. More than I complain now.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            True especially if DD does not improve his shot. Add to that $18 million, another 2 million because we are in Toronto and it is not Miami , $20 sounds very reasonable.

If DD comes in this season with a better 3 point shots and an improvement in his game then, we can talk about 20+.

Comment

• Easy way to baseline contract discussions.

A) All contracts are typically references as a total, then simplified to an annual average. Consider all the Woj reports - format is $X over Y years ($Z/year). So just like we just signed Carroll to a 15M per year deal, the discussion of a max deal should be grounded in DeRozan's potential 29M per year earnings.

B) As for the cap inflating, DeRozan's deal would be 5 years in length. Over those 5 years the cap is currently projected to go 89M, 108M, 100M, 102M, 107M. That's an average cap number of 101M. So his deal should be considered as a fraction of 101M, meaning his max deal would be 28.6% of the cap. That's about an 18M contract (annual average, not starting salary) in the era prior to this summer (this summer breaks all the rules due to the knowledge of the upcoming boom affecting salaries) - ie last summer's 63M salary cap.

By the way, that same logic applies to deals like Dragic got - yes, he got 18M per year, but the salary cap over his 5 years will be an average of 93M - so he earned a deal worth about 19% of the cap.

Oh, and I'm not at all a believer in paying players based on raw statlines (DD's raw statline is the most generous way to judge his game), I was just trying to point out the statline being posted was not exactly separating DD from the crowd.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Isn't that the entire crux of the Derozan debate? PPG vs TS%, yadda yadda yadda
                This sort of back and forth, one metric against another debate should forever be known on here as a demargument.

Comment

• DD is not going for 29 million. Stop scaring people off.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    DD is not going for 29 million. Stop scaring people off.
                    Based on what source?

It was reported that he'll ask for the max. That is the max.

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan has been one of the most important Raptors during the team's rise, so it makes sense that he wants to be paid like one too. According to Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun, DeRozan's camp is going to make a push for a massive contract extension.
                      "Whispers continue to circulate that DeMar DeRozan’s camp will be after the new mid-max (a whopping $25.3 million) a year from now and there is no way the Raptors will be comfortable footing that bid."
                      While DeRozan is a very good player, he may not be worth $25.3 million per year even after the salary cap skyrockets the next two seasons. Should the Raptors deal him? It's unclear what his value is outside of the team. He fits very well in their scheme, but he's not much of a floor spacer, which is crucial in today's spacing-oriented NBA. A playoff team likely couldn't make an enticing enough offer, but perhaps a team looking to jump into the playoffs could offer the Raptors a package that would make them amenable to dealing one of their franchise players.
                      r

Comment

Based on what source?

It was reported that he'll ask for the max. That is the max.
                        I'm sure that's an opinion, no source required. And whispers that he wants a max contract isn't much of a source either. And again, wanting a max and asking for it is much different than actually receiving it. You think he is worth about $16-18M max, him actually getting $29M seems like a reach, no? I still maintain there is no harm in seeing what he does for at least 30-40 games this season, and if he looks like he can be a core piece going forward, let him hit free agency and see what he gets offered. If someone is foolish enough to give him his max, you let him walk. If he looks detrimental to the team during the season, you can try and deal him before the deadline in order to get something as opposed to nothing.

But hey, if you can trade him now for a guy like Ibaka, than I'm listening.

Comment

• Have we not learned as a franchise?

Fans still want to wait and see and risk losing him for nothing...smh

He wants too much money. Trade him.

Comment

• I'm just looking at Portland's roster. Man, I have to say that's a tragedy!

Prime example of risking your main players hit UFA without assurance they re-sign.

Whoever owns Portland's pick next year is lucky. I hope they didn't trade it away.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              I'm just looking at Portland's roster. Man, I have to say that's a tragedy!

Prime example of risking your main players hit UFA without assurance they re-sign.

Whoever owns Portland's pick next year is lucky. I hope they didn't trade it away.
                              I've thought more than once about a DD trade with that pick coming back as a starting point.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Have we not learned as a franchise?

Fans still want to wait and see and risk losing him for nothing...smh

He wants too much money. Trade him.
                                Did his agent meet with MU ?
                                Did the negotiation end ?

Comment

Working...
                                X