No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait and see. doubt any team with max cap space would choose Demar to tie up space for 4 years even with the increase.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      well he wasn't trying to say that he knew what was happening, so it doesn't really make a difference
      I have OSC on ignore, but since you quoted him I can see his post.

I never said DeRozan is going to get exactly 22.5M. My premise was that if Masai is willing to pay 22.5M for what will likely be two role players, IF he considers DeRozan a core guy I don't see why he wouldn't get his money as well. I do not know exactly what that dollar figure would be, what I would personally like to see is 18-20M per year.

Also wtf is District of DeRozan?

Comment

• The only thing I ever tried to "guarantee" in here is that DeRozan won't be traded this offseason (which as it seems, is highly unlikely). That's all. I also made a bold prediction that he will retire with the Raptors.

As far as his contract, I said I think it will land between 18-22M per year, I'd like 18-20. I understand and acknowledge the possibility that he could be offered 29M per year, but I think the chance of that is miniscule. That's all. I don't deal in absolutes, that's a great way to get BURNED when it comes to anything in life especially sports.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          I have OSC on ignore, but since you quoted him I can see his post.

I never said DeRozan is going to get exactly 22.5M. My premise was that if Masai is willing to pay 22.5M for what will likely be two role players, IF he considers DeRozan a core guy I don't see why he wouldn't get his money as well. I do not know exactly what that dollar figure would be, what I would personally like to see is 18-20M per year.

Also wtf is District of DeRozan?
          checked google maps and it looks made up

Comment

• If the following is true...

JWash wrote: View Post
            My point was that Raptors fans, particularly those you'll find on forums like this one, are not very good at making predictions regarding how moves/decisions will turn out in the future.
            ...then your own assertion that 29M is NOT a guarantee is just as useless as anyone else's assertion that it is.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              If the following is true...

...then your own assertion that 29M is NOT a guarantee is just as useless as anyone else's assertion that it is.
              well not really. he's not guaranteeing that he won't get 29m.

just saying noone knows, including himself
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

I think Demar will get a 5 year 100 million contract offer from the Raptors.

Just my guess.

Call it asset retention, call it first option money (even if you disagree that he should be our first option - you must admit that we run everything through him).

Call it whatever you want.....but it will happen. Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Just my opinion.

Call it asset retention, call it first option money (even if you disagree that he should be our first option - you must admit that we run everything through him).

that would be OK. then the Raptors can trade him for picks

Comment

• what demar gets paid is going to heavily (give or take about 5 mill, i'd guess) depend on how he plays this year
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Just my opinion.

Bookmarked. For better or worse for you lol

Comment

what demar gets paid is going to heavily (give or take about 5 mill, i'd guess) depend on how he plays this year
                        Another reason it's silly to say he's guaranteed 29M per.

And even more silly to say to trade him for a late-teens pick because of that guarantee. (I realize only OSC said that, but it's being glanced over like it's ok).

Comment

well not really. he's not guaranteeing that he won't get 29m.

just saying noone knows, including himself
                          He all but guaranteed it.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• To be fair, things have evolved from Wolstat mentioning a 'circulated whisper' that DeRozan wants the max, to a 'report' that DD wants the max (with the report appearing to be just a requote of what Wolstat said earlier), to now it being a sure thing that DeRozan won't accept a penny less than $29 million annually or whatever to stay in Toronto.

It's all speculation at this point. I've mentioned this before, but there's a certain amount of posturing that goes on in these situations that are simply negotiation tactics by agents to gain leverage for their clients. A lot of it is just writers filling space in their columns during a slow time of the year. It happens all the time in the NBA and the only reason it's being taken as gospel this time around is because it happens to involve the boards most polarizing player, DeRozan. Remember when Lowry was rumoured to want a max deal last summer?

I trust Masai has his finger on the pulse of this thing WAY more than any of us, Wolstat, RealGM, or anyone else aside from DeRozan and his camp. Let's not act like Ujiri is going to be blindsided by the fact that DeRozan is demanding a max contract next summer and his window to trade him for value has come and gone. If the writing is on the wall that DeRozan is going to come at a price tag that he isn't worth next summer, then I'd expect him to be traded at some point this year… but he doesn't need to be moved now because of a sentence or two in a throw away article from Ryan Wolstat… and certainly not for some of the garbage trade proposals that have been continually posted over the last few months. Some of you wanted to trade him for Stauskas/Thompson last month.
                            Last edited by Fully; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

i don't know why im arguing for him right now lol, i just want to clarify his point, because i mostly agree.

one of the most common errors you'll find in predictions is overcertainty. its better to assign a probability to something and operate under that stance then just guess and take up a certain position.

he's just saying you tone back the fear that he'll get his max contract. assign the right probability and consider the value your giving away under those circumstances.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

No I didn't.

I understand that DeRozan COULD get the full max.

But i think the chance of that is too low to justify trading him away unless the return is significant (like a trade you would do whether his free agency was impending or not).

Tbh I disagreed with all the people saying DD needs to go because of the risk of that max, but the one that really got me going was OSC saying to trade him away for a late-teens 1st.

It's like this.

EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT DEROZAN HERE AT ALL COSTS... trading him away for a late teens pick is RETARDED (there is no better, or nicer way to say this). If you think he's going to get the max from somebody... then obviously a re-signed DeRozan would have trade value higher than that of Tim Scrubaway Jr. (the dude is like a poor man's TROSS) so why the fuck would you do that deal?

Sorry I'm getting really annoyed because I'm being accused of saying things that I am not saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X