Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Bonafide superstar?? Do you consider Lowry to be a superstar?

Did you see the way he played since before the all-star break and also in the playoffs? Superstars don't play like that. He was awful on both sides of the ball.

I love a healthy Lowry but I don't consider him a superstar at all. He's a very good player when healthy. Unfortunately, the evidence is right there to see what happens when he's not 100 percent healthy. It's a train wreck.

I'm not saying we'd necessarily win more, but I think with the better defensive players we added, we would do just fine with a solid PG.

Not sure why we'd need a bonafide superstar coming back when we're not even sending one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want he injured?

I thought being injured gave the all clear for accountability on play.

Hel I thought you could be playing shit BEFORE an injury and then get injured and have the injury to excuse the previous terrible play.

We need a policy for excuses around here. Too many inconsistencies.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Want he injured?

I thought being injured gave the all clear for accountability on play.

Hel I thought you could be playing shit BEFORE an injury and then get injured and have the injury to excuse the previous terrible play.

We need a policy for excuses around here. Too many inconsistencies.
      Inconsistencies on your part.

Demar played like shit before he got injured (never said otherwise).

Lowry played like shit from February onwards..... Was he injured then? I'm not sure... Maybe he was banged up but he suited up.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        Hopefully Kyle has the ball in his hands making all of the decisions instead of the usual - Kyle brings the ball up court, passes to DeMar, clears out.

I never understood that.
        Raptors never developed DD off-ball game. Without the ball he isn't a threat. Never even set him up in the corner either

Comment

• From Zach Lowe:

Psst. Have you looked at next season’s free-agency class? Kevin Durant is the headliner, but it’s thin at the top after him. Among this season’s starry free agents, only Wade opted for a one-year deal that would plop him back into free agency for Year 1 of the cap extravaganza. Lillard and Anthony Davis, the two game-changers among next year’s potential restricted free agents, locked in deals a year early.

There are still some big names, including Al Horford, Mike Conley, Joakim Noah, and perhaps Dwight Howard, but next summer’s class lost star power when Kevin Love, Aldridge, and others chose security over higher-risk, higher-reward short-term deals. There will be more star-level salary slots next summer under the $90 million cap than star free agents.

That is very good news for Jeff Green, Luol Deng, Eric Gordon, Nic Batum, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, DeMar DeRozan, Chandler Parsons, and other third-banana types. These guys are going to get paid.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            Inconsistencies on your part.

Demar played like shit before he got injured (never said otherwise).

Lowry played like shit from February onwards..... Was he injured then? I'm not sure... Maybe he was banged up but he suited up.

DeMar also played like shit upon return until just before March.

But apparently that is all good because he was still recovering.

I can't keep up.

Comment

DeMar also played like shit upon return until just before March.

But apparently that is all good because he was still recovering.

I can't keep up.
              The Difference is Demar played like an all-star in March and April..... Player of the Month award proves this. This after missing 2 months due to injury.

Most reasonable people would accept that it takes a bit of time to get back into the flow and feel confident in your groin.

Demar haters think differently and that's ok.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Raptors never developed DD off-ball game. Without the ball he isn't a threat. Never even set him up in the corner either
                That's so true. They like to let DD initiate the offense too much. Kyle should be doing more of that not DD. Jay Triano actually did a good job of having DD come of screens and stuff, but since Dwane took over things changed.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• So I'm not exactly sure why Derozan, of all free agents is expected to get overpaid.

I understand the market situation, but that alone would imply that all free agents will get overpaid. In that case, should we not spend our cap space at all?

Is it because Derozan is a quasi star? And if so, is there a history of those guys being consistently overpaid? This year alone both Ellis, Harris and afflalo all got less than the max.

Also, ive heard the whole, team that strike out will offer max to the next tier, but teams with cap space strike out every year and don't necessarily do that.

Like I guess I'm just not sure why Derozans contract would get inflated more than others.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by stooley; Tue Jul 7, 2015, 11:07 AM.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    From Zach Lowe:
                    Third banana

and look who he is lumped in with.

Ahhhhhhh shit! This is the DD thread!

NO.
                    MORE.

Comment

Third banana

and look who he is lumped in with.

Ahhhhhhh shit! This is the DD thread!

NO.
                      MORE.
                      Zach Lowe is doing it on purpose, hoping for a link to his column from this thread. Please, no one put a link to his post here. It just encourages them.

Comment

• Lowes a smart guy, knows players real value.

Comment

• How much does the team need to do for Demar, Jees, they build the team around him, they give him a usage of over 28%, they turn a blind eye towards poor defense, they accept his sup average shooting, all the teams offense is geared to maximize demars mediocre contributions offensively and he can still only muster a net negative on the court......and people think team should be doing more.....

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            How much does the team need to do for Demar, Jees, they build the team around him, they give him a usage of over 28%, they turn a blind eye towards poor defense, they accept his sup average shooting, all the teams offense is geared to maximize demars mediocre contributions offensively and he can still only muster a net negative on the court......and people think team should be doing more.....
                            Colangelo did a very good job of selling DD through the media to young fans who ended up here

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Colangelo did a very good job of selling DD through the media to young fans who ended up here
                              honetly it is got to be one of the biggest reason I cannot wait to see him moved.

Not for his mediocrity, not for his style of play, but for this...

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                                So I'm not exactly sure why Derozan, of all free agents is expected to get overpaid.

I understand the market situation, but that alone would imply that all free agents will get overpaid. In that case, should we not spend our cap space at all?

Is it because Derozan is a quasi star? And if so, is there a history of those guys being consistently overpaid? This year alone both Ellis, Harris and afflalo all got less than the max.

Also, ive heard the whole, team that strike out will offer max to the next tier, but teams with cap space strike out every year and don't necessarily do that.

Like I guess I'm just not sure why Derozans contract would get inflated more than others.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                Keep in mind, the cap room available-to-free agents available ratio this year is NOTHING like next year. Even with this summer's signings taking the coming boom into account, there just aren't the cap resources to offer everyone the max. Next summer, the cap will be there to offer a LOT of maximum contracts, and there will only be a few guys worth it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X