No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Joe Johnson as a good way for how the Raptors to handle DD is not going to convince me

If anything it solidifies my thinking that we need to trade him now. Even at a "loss"

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Using Joe Johnson as a good way for how the Raptors to handle DD is not going to convince me

If anything it solidifies my thinking that we need to trade him now. Even at a "loss"
      It's a worst case situation... Point was even if he's resigned hell have more value than a lot of the trades you've been proposing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I love the parts of this discussion where people argue against extremes that don't actually exist.

To clarify: nobody is arguing for dumping DeMargument for a burlap sack full of snot. Also, nobody wants to pay him one hundred billion million dollars. Basically the two options are re-signing him for somewhere between $15m and $29m per year (numbers raised as reasonable or possible) and trading him for a return that exceeds the value of keeping him. Feel free to argue about a reasonable next contract or a reasonable trade return, but the strawman hyperbole's usefulness is inversely proportionate to its entertainment value, much like a stupid dog or a small toddler.
        The strawman was osc.

"Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          The strawman was osc.

Heh, I'm referring to approximately the last 100 pages of comments
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's a worst case situation... Point was even if he's resigned hell have more value than a lot of the trades you've been proposing.

That depends

I think we can easily replace his contribution with a late teens pick and a prospect

Remember, statistically DD is a net zero at his very best. If one of those two ends up being a plus we win...and that shouldn't be all that hard to do.

It all comes down to how good you think DD is. And I think most people on this forum massively overestimate DD's impact on the game.

You replace DD with an efficient, good defense, three point shooting SG and I bet my bottom dollar that the team improves.

Comment

The strawman was osc.
              "Strawman"

Funny that I'm one of the few who is basing what DD should be paid on stats...which all show he should be <10mil/year

But all that means I'm a straw man

Comment

"Strawman"

Funny that I'm one of the few who is basing what DD should be paid on stats...which all show he should be <10mil/year

But all that means I'm a straw man
                All that means is the post was directed at you

"Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

That depends

I think we can easily replace his contribution with a late teens pick and a prospect

Remember, statistically DD is a net zero at his very best. If one of those two ends up being a plus we win...and that shouldn't be all that hard to do.

It all comes down to how good you think DD is. And I think most people on this forum massively overestimate DD's impact on the game.

You replace DD with an efficient, good defense, three point shooting SG and I bet my bottom dollar that the team improves.
                  Oh definitely. You put a healthy Wes Matthews in for dd and I think that's an improvement too. But there aren't a whole lot of those guys.

On the picks/prospect front, we're gonna have to disagree there.

"Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Oh definitely. You put a healthy Wes Matthews in for dd and I think that's an improvement too. But there aren't a whole lot of those guys.

On the picks/prospect front, we're gonna have to disagree there.

Here is the thing, there are a lot of guys in the NBA that produce more than 0.09 WS/48

I'm not about to pay one who does 15+ mil

Comment

• You replace DD with an efficient, good defense, three point shooting SG and I bet my bottom dollar that the team improves
                      So all they need to do is find one of those. Should be easy. Every team has 4 or 5 efficient, three point shooting, quality defenders at the SG position they are trying to move. Those guys are always available in free agency, too. I mean this year there was exactly one of those guys who was coming off an achilles injury and only 4 or 5 teams wanted him cause those guys are so abundant. And, if that doesn't work, you can easily find that guy late in the first round.

Be serious.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        So all they need to do is find one of those. Should be easy. Every team has 4 or 5 efficient, three point shooting, quality defenders at the SG position they are trying to move. Those guys are always available in free agency, too. I mean this year there was exactly one of those guys who was coming off an achilles injury and only 4 or 5 teams wanted him cause those guys are so abundant. And, if that doesn't work, you can easily find that guy late in the first round.

Be serious.
                        Four is probably more accurate.

Mathews
                        Afflalo
                        Danny Green
                        Butler

Comment

Here is the thing, there are a lot of guys in the NBA that produce more than 0.09 WS/48

I'm not about to pay one who does 15+ mil
                          I think dd is underrated by that stat, but that's just me. Same way Deandre Jordan is overrated.

I don't think shumpert, for example makes us better.

But I know you have extreme views on this lol.

"Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Four is probably more accurate.

Mathews
                            Afflalo
                            Danny Green
                            Butler
                            Two of whom were completely unavailable cause there was no way their teams were letting them walk (Green and Butler), which is kinda my point. These guys are hard to get cause there aren't many of them and they are incredibly valuable to their teams.

Afflalo, meh, okay, though I am not sure 2015 Afflalo qualifies anymore.

Comment

I think dd is underrated by that stat, but that's just me. Same way Deandre Jordan is overrated.

I don't think shumpert, for example makes us better.

But I know you have extreme views on this lol.

How about

PER
                              PIE
                              TS%
                              3pt%
                              eFG%
                              PPP

They all paint DD in a <15 mil picture

So that WS/48 rating DD gets is pretty well deserved. The fact that many here blatantly ignore the mountain of evidence against DD are the extremists

Comment

How about

PER
                                PIE
                                TS%
                                3pt%
                                eFG%
                                PPP

They all paint DD in a <15 mil picture

So that WS/48 rating DD gets is pretty well deserved. The fact that many here blatantly ignore the mountain of evidence against DD are the extremists
                                A bunch of those are essentially the same thing. And per is somewhat positive

"Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X