No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the thing, Waiters sucks and DeMar is a million times better.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Easy does it champ. Let's not go around telling people what to effing talk about... not good form.
      If you don't want to talk about it, then that's cool. But there are people that want to respond to OSC's claim I guess. I think its bogus, but then, I had that debate with OSC over a year ago.
      Dion Waiters is DD's Phoenix

You think you've killed it until it gloriously becomes reborn!!

PS: JWash I'm clearly trolling now. As I have said, Waiters is not better than DD

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Easy does it champ. Let's not go around telling people what to effing talk about... not good form.
        If you don't want to talk about it, then that's cool. But there are people that want to respond to OSC's claim I guess. I think its bogus, but then, I had that debate with OSC over a year ago.
        Sorry overreacted, but continually hearing him comparing DD to players like Waiters, Nick Young, etc... idk what you would call that but I would call it trolling/baiting.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Sorry overreacted, but continually hearing him comparing DD to players like Waiters, Nick Young, etc... idk what you would call that but I would call it trolling/baiting.
          you are correct.

Demar is much more of a corey maggette, or Kevin martin without the shot, or josh howard, caron butler

Comment

"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice." - Malcolm Gladwell

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              you are correct.

Demar is much more of a corey maggette, or Kevin martin without the shot, or josh howard, caron butler
              This is not an insult lol...

Maggette and Martin spent their entire careers on bad teams. Josh Howard was a very important and integral piece to the 2006 NBA Finals Mavericks as a 2nd/3rd option and starter. Butler was a late bloomer who spent his prime on some good but not great Wizards teams, mostly because they never put an actual team around Arenas/Butler/Jamison, and Arenas' star days lasted for 2 seasons.

NBA is all about circumstance. DeRozan could easily be a starter and key contributor on a championship team as a 2nd/3rd option. Need to get that legit #1 and have a strong team around him, that's the key.

Comment

This is not an insult lol...

Maggette and Martin spent their entire careers on bad teams. Josh Howard was a very important and integral piece to the 2006 NBA Finals Mavericks as a 2nd/3rd option and starter. Butler was a late bloomer who spent his prime on some good but not great Wizards teams, mostly because they never put an actual team around Arenas/Butler/Jamison, and Arenas' star days lasted for 2 seasons.

NBA is all about circumstance. DeRozan could easily be a starter and key contributor on a championship team as a 2nd/3rd option. Need to get that legit #1 and have a strong team around him, that's the key.
                Considering Josh Howard was a pretty good defender, a decent three point shooter (in his first 5 season), and played primarily off the ball (from what I remember), I would say he is an absolutely terrible comparison.

The other three comparisons are meh players who are easily replaceable and don't contribute much to winning. I would trade every single one of those players in their prime because they don't provide much, so I would cash in on them as an asset.

So the question is, if you agree with some of those comparisons to replaceable talents, why does that make DD untradeable to you?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Considering Josh Howard was a pretty good defender, a decent three point shooter (in his first 5 season), and played primarily off the ball (from what I remember), I would say he is an absolutely terrible comparison.

The other three comparisons are meh players who are easily replaceable and don't contribute much to winning. I would trade every single one of those players in their prime because they don't provide much, so I would cash in on them as an asset.

So the question is, if you agree with some of those comparisons to replaceable talents, why does that make DD untradeable to you?
                  FWIW Josh Howard shot around 40% of his shots from mid-range. While he could hit 3s, he hardly took or made any so I'm not sure how that's relevant. DeRozan is a vastly superior passer, better finisher and better at getting to the line. Howard was better on the glass and more consistent from 3. I'd argue DeRozan is better, and Howard was good enough to play 2nd fiddle to Dirk on a championship-level team (they didn't actually win though) and 67 win team.

As for this off-ball crap. DeRozan was assisted on 45% of his baskets as a #1 scoring option last year, while Howard was assisted on 51% of his baskets as a #2 in 2006-07. So I'm not sure how Howard was just purely scoring off-ball but whatever man keep spewing nonsense.

And I have NEVER said that DeRozan is untradeable. I have said that he should not be traded out of fear of his impending free agency, and that he should only be traded if it's a return that you would be very satisfied with whether he was an impending free agent OR NOT. I have repeatedly said that if DeRozan was traded tomorrow for a great return I would not bat an eyelash, what I have an issue with is horrible ideas like yours of trading him for a late lottery pick because you don't like him.

Yeah DeRozan is not an elite, tier 1 player in the NBA so his production is replaceable (so is the production of every player on our roster, for the record). However if you trade him you better make sure you actually replace it instead of trading him for the same return that the Knicks got for Tim Hardaway Jr. or Dion "The Scrub" Waiters.

To say Kevin Martin and Maggette and co. don't contribute much to winning is confirmation bias. Maggette was never at any point in his career on a contending team. He spent most of his career on mediocre Clippers and Warriors teams. Ditto for Kevin Martin on the Kings and Rockets (he had a productive year for OKC when he was there). Obviously if these guys aren't playing next to superstars their teams aren't gonna do shit because they themselves are not tier 1 players. However if KMart had spent his career playing next to Tim Duncan he might be thought of VERY differently.

Tony Parker would be regarded as a "doesn't contribute much to winning" type player if he spent his whole career on mismanaged Kings and Clippers teams.

Comment

FWIW Josh Howard shot around 40% of his shots from mid-range. While he could hit 3s, he hardly took or made any so I'm not sure how that's relevant. DeRozan is a vastly superior passer, better finisher and better at getting to the line. Howard was better on the glass and more consistent from 3. I'd argue DeRozan is better, and Howard was good enough to play 2nd fiddle to Dirk on a championship-level team (they didn't actually win though) and 67 win team.

As for this off-ball crap. DeRozan was assisted on 45% of his baskets as a #1 scoring option last year, while Howard was assisted on 51% of his baskets as a #2 in 2006-07. So I'm not sure how Howard was just purely scoring off-ball but whatever man keep spewing nonsense.

And I have NEVER said that DeRozan is untradeable. I have said that he should not be traded out of fear of his impending free agency, and that he should only be traded if it's a return that you would be very satisfied with whether he was an impending free agent OR NOT. I have repeatedly said that if DeRozan was traded tomorrow for a great return I would not bat an eyelash, what I have an issue with is horrible ideas like yours of trading him for a late lottery pick because you don't like him.

Yeah DeRozan is not an elite, tier 1 player in the NBA so his production is replaceable (so is the production of every player on our roster, for the record). However if you trade him you better make sure you actually replace it instead of trading him for the same return that the Knicks got for Tim Hardaway Jr. or Dion "The Scrub" Waiters.

To say Kevin Martin and Maggette and co. don't contribute much to winning is confirmation bias. Maggette was never at any point in his career on a contending team. He spent most of his career on mediocre Clippers and Warriors teams. Ditto for Kevin Martin on the Kings and Rockets (he had a productive year for OKC when he was there). Obviously if these guys aren't playing next to superstars their teams aren't gonna do shit because they themselves are not tier 1 players. However if KMart had spent his career playing next to Tim Duncan he might be thought of VERY differently.

Tony Parker would be regarded as a "doesn't contribute much to winning" type player if he spent his whole career on mismanaged Kings and Clippers teams.
                    I'm done arguing with you about DD. He sucks, it will be obvious when we trade him. I'll call you an idiot when I'm right /end

Your use of confirmation bias, is a confirmation bias of Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin. I've tried using stats to eliminate confirmation bias on my part, of which you have willfully ignored while trying to sit on your high horse.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      I'm done arguing with you about DD. He sucks, it will be obvious when we trade him. I'll call you an idiot when I'm right /end

Your use of confirmation bias, is a confirmation bias of Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin. I've tried using stats to eliminate confirmation bias on my part, of which you have willfully ignored while trying to sit on your high horse.
                      Excellent rebuttal. "DD sucks and you're an idiot". Good to see you providing intelligent discussion on here. Welcome back to my ignore list.

Comment

Excellent rebuttal. "DD sucks and you're an idiot". Good to see you providing intelligent discussion on here. Welcome back to my ignore list.
                        At this rate in another 60 days the only member you'll be left talking to is Chr1st1an.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          At this rate in another 60 days the only member you'll be left talking to is Chr1st1an.
                          OSC is the only person on my ignore list.

Everyone else here at least attempts to provide intelligent discussion. He is more intent on trolling regarding DeMar and making outlandish proclamations. It's becoming a chore to read and respond to so I've put him back on ignore.

I disagree with DanH, mcHAPPY and Axel among others all the time but I wouldn't put them on ignore because they're at least trying to have a productive/intelligent discussion (although mcHAPPY does tend to troll a lot as well).

Comment

OSC is the only person on my ignore list.

Everyone else here at least attempts to provide intelligent discussion. He is more intent on trolling regarding DeMar and making outlandish proclamations. It's becoming a chore to read and respond to so I've put him back on ignore.

I disagree with DanH, mcHAPPY and Axel among others all the time but I wouldn't put them on ignore because they're at least trying to have a productive/intelligent discussion (although mcHAPPY does tend to troll a lot as well).
                            If you consider McHappu to be trolling a lot, then I'll consider your condescending posts as trolling.

Is it not possible to accept that people have different opinions? I mean, my opinion is probably between yours and OSC's, but to say that I can't see where you two are coming from, it'd be quite ignorant to me.

Comment

• ou guys need to stop arguing, accept that anything I type is likely basketball gospel, and call it a day.

You will find peace in this solution.

zen

Comment

• #ProveEm

Comment

Working...
                                X