Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Klay was drafted in 2011 and DD was drafted in 2009
    And would you not say that DD produced more in the last 2 years?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Now, I love me some critique of derozan. But looking at the usage vs. TS%, you have to at least consider - easily the highest TS% while also the lowest usage rate of his career, when he was but a lowly rookie. So you have to consider that in that same situation in his prime, he could add an extra 5 to 10% onto that TS.
      He could. Or he could not. I would say that his rookie year, 5 years ago, is the least indicative of his ability now.

You think DeMar would have a +60% TS% if he had a usage of 18%?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This is an imperfect look, as it's not necessarily indicative of role but circumstance. Still, in games this year where DeMar had a usage under 25% (there were only 15 of them, two of which I excluded due to being extreme bad outliers with under 26 minutes and a 0% Ts%), he averaged a TS% of 40%.

DeMar did manage a 62 TS% playing for team USA last summer. Of course, that was as a fifth option with a usage near 15% and surrounded by the best in the world and against some mostly inferior competition.

In any case, even if he could manage to bring his efficiency back up with a usage of 18% (note: this is typically a 4th option usage, with 3rd option closer to 20%) that means he is a third or fourth option. And you do not pay max money to a third or fourth option, who MAY be efficient in the role, or very well may not.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          He could. Or he could not. I would say that his rookie year, 5 years ago, is the least indicative of his ability now.

On a great team I think DeMar could see a bump up to 57-60, I don't think he needs the ball in his hands as much as people seem to think. As a rook, he played off of others pretty well with his scoring. He showed he could do that with USA basketball (no idea what his TS% was there). I expect a solid increase in efficiency playing with a better team this season.

Comment

• There you go - 62%. Thanks!

Comment

• Also, DD had a higher than usual TS% in his rookie year because he shot by far the highest percentage of all his shots from 0-3 feet from the rim.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Also, DD had a higher than usual TS% in his rookie year because he shot by far the highest percentage of all his shots from 0-3 feet from the rim.
                Yeah, shot selection was much different the first year. He played more within himself, imho.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly my point. I mean, he HAS to be SIGNIFICANTLY better now, right? Drop 'current Demar' onto that team of his rookie year, in the exact same role, but with more skill and experience, and it's safe to say that his TS% should rise decently. Unless, of course, whatever gains he's made with skill and experience are then offset by increased sense of comfort, due to his being a vet, which leads to him taking more low-quality shots - the kind he wouldn't have had the balls to take as a rookie.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, that's exactly my point. I mean, he HAS to be SIGNIFICANTLY better now, right? Drop 'current Demar' onto that team of his rookie year, in the exact same role, but with more skill and experience, and it's safe to say that his TS% should rise decently. Unless, of course, whatever gains he's made with skill and experience are then offset by increased sense of comfort, due to his being a vet, which leads to him taking more low-quality shots - the kind he wouldn't have had the balls to take as a rookie.
                    Well, I do think that a lot of that second part comes into play.

But even best case scenario and it doesn't, do you pay a guy 25M to fill that role? Or even 10M? We're talking a 4th option offensively who is not a defensive difference maker or even an above average playmaker and only a decent rebounder.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well, I do think that a lot of that second part comes into play.

But even best case scenario and it doesn't, do you pay a guy 25M to fill that role? Or even 10M? We're talking a 4th option offensively who is not a defensive difference maker or even an above average playmaker and only a decent rebounder.
                      But he's a hard worker

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        But he's a hard worker
                        there's a life lesson there somewhere
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          there's a life lesson there somewhere
                          He likes Toronto though am I right? #ProveEm

Comment

He says, immediately after flip-flopping on Bruno, and then proclaiming that if you don't flip-flop you aren't paying attention.
                            And he was right.

Comment

• Interesting how there appears to be a split here

DD is a large part of the offense now but could be efficient in a smaller role (mostly disproved by DanH), and therefore should be at 22+

DD is a product of the system, who may be efficient as a fourth or fifth option, but therefore would have to be paid as such (10ish mil)

With not much in the middle

Weird

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                And he was right.
                                Well, I mean if he was right after flip-flopping, he must have been wrong to start, yes? And there's nothing wrong with that, intelligent people abandon their wrong opinions when it becomes clear they are wrong. Of course, neither do they present said opinions as irrefutable fact in the first place.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X