Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    People need to stop pretending that Demar chooses to just take all these terrible shots because he's Demar f'ing Derozan and he thinks he can do whatever he wants without someone within the organization getting pissed and telling him so. He's doing what coaches and management want and expect him to do, cause if he wasn't, he wouldn't still be here. Does anyone really think MU is gonna hold on to a borderline all-star, egocentric player, that completely hi-jacks games by doing whatever he wants on the court? Give me a break...he would have been gone before Rudy if that was the case.
    As for the bold, you have no idea if that's true. If you've ever trained or managed people, you'll know some people just can't get some things. No matter how much they're told, no matter how much they practice otherwise, some aspects of a person's performance can't be changed.

If he's being told to do otherwise, but he isn't, then why's he still here? Simple - because he does other things that the team values, and those things outweigh the negatives.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      His game in a nutshell.

Just to nitpick a bit here

The second sequence they go through, Amir runs a pin down screen for DD. Lowry has the ball at the top. DD doesn't get the ball immediately after coming off the screen, the smart move would be to curl around the screen and into the paint because the defender was caught on yet another great Amir screen. Instead he stands and waits 2 feet outside the three point line for the basketball

DD's game in a nutshell

"I do nothing without the ball"

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        DeMar doesn't have any of these skills? I'll admit he's not a great shooter. But he is an effective passer, he's one of the better finishing wings in the league, we don't see much of his movement because he doesn't really play off-ball much under Casey, but he has shown to be an effective cutter. His ball handling is solid for the SG position. He doesn't have yo-yo handles but he has a low-turnover rate and can get by his man (if he couldn't he wouldn't get so many FTA).

These kind of comments are why DeMar discussions can't be civilized. You have to at least give him some credit as a player. If he didn't have any of those skills he wouldn't be in the NBA. Let alone a solidified starter, all-star, and member of Team USA's World team. Stop being silly.
        I am currently facepalming with the power of two entire Picards.

Do you know how much energy that takes?

Comment

• Can someone please explain to me what in world does DeMar making team USA have anything to do with DeMar that plays for the Raptors? I've seen this brought up numerous times and I don't get it. Talking about it would make much more sense if he wasn't a deep bench player with the likes of Mason Plumlee and Andre Drummond while his peers were starters or rotation pieces
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            As for the bold, you have no idea if that's true. If you've ever trained or managed people, you'll know some people just can't get some things. No matter how much they're told, no matter how much they practice otherwise, some aspects of a person's performance can't be changed.

If he's being told to do otherwise, but he isn't, then why's he still here? Simple - because he does other things that the team values, and those things outweigh the negatives.
            But catch and shoot vs dribble drive is easy to spot. If the offense hands off to DD ten feet out he isn't going to be catching and shooting. This also effects his 3 pt shoot since he can't launch 3's off the dribble.

Comment

• Demar DeRozan
              38 points (13/23 FG)
              13 boards
              10 dimes
              4 steals
              6 3s

a few things I noticed right of the bat
              - Improved court vision
              - Improved 3pt shot
              - Stronger and a bit more athletic
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Demar DeRozan
                38 points (13/23 FG)
                13 boards
                10 dimes
                4 steals
                6 3s

- Improved court vision
                - Improved 3pt shot
                He's a bum, lucky if we get a second round pick for him... (Insert pink font)
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• There's 15 spots on team USA. 450 players in the league. Making that team is a great accomplishment and shows that even though there isn't much respect for DeMar in this forum, there is respect for him in NBA circles.

But then again, what does Jerry Colangelo know about basketball compared to RR members. Pffffftttt
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

Demar DeRozan
                    38 points (13/23 FG)
                    13 boards
                    10 dimes
                    4 steals
                    6 3s

- Improved court vision
                    - Improved 3pt shot
                    ahaha he redeemed himself on the 360 dunk!

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                      ahaha he redeemed himself on the 360 dunk!
                      telling u, more athletic and faster even though he got a bit bigger and stronger
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I know that this is going to have certain posters howling, but whatever:

I think the team USA selections, starting with the select team, were influenced by the Colangelo connection (Jerry running the team, Bryan having drafted Demar).
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post

But then again, what does Jerry Colangelo know about basketball compared to RR members. Pffffftttt
                          we are not allowed to use the logic that payed professionals in this field know more than forum posters. it is only other fields like law and medicine where the people who have risen to the top by devoting their lives to it are respected

Comment

• drew league is demar vs non nba guys. he probably kills at local pick up games too.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              I know that this is going to have certain posters howling, but whatever:

I think the team USA selections, starting with the select team, were influenced by the Colangelo connection (Jerry running the team, Bryan having drafted Demar).
                              That's dumb
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                That's dumb
                                Excellent rebuttal.

Nepotism runs deep in the world, everywhere you go.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X