No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, considering the coaching a turnover of players DeMar has had to endure in Toronto, it's pretty amazing what he's become
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Excellent rebuttal.

Nepotism runs deep in the world, everywhere you go.
      So do unfounded thoughts and comments
      Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        So do unfounded thoughts and comments
        Lol, this is true.

But this thought/comment isn't without foundation.

And to be clear - do I think this would be the only reason he'd be included? No. Do I think Jerry could have been influenced, consciously or unconsciously, by wanting to help out son by adding Demar to these teams, above of a handful of more deserving players? Absolutely.

I seem to remember that when Demar was chosen for that first select team, the reaction was surprise. I was definitely surprised.
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Jul 21, 2015, 10:51 PM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I'm sorry but DeRozan making Team USA means that Jerry Colangelo, Coach K, Thibodeau, etc all think he has SOME capability to play as a contributing member of a team.

He wasn't picked to be an on-ball iso scorer, he was picked for his other skills. Considering that guys like Gordon Hayward, Lillard and Chandler Parsons were passed over for him he must be at least somewhat all-around skilled in the eyes of these coaches. Is this too crazy of an assumption to make?

People saying he can't pass, he can't dribble well, he doesn't defend, he can't shoot, he's got no basketball IQ, he can't be productive if he's not the main guy, he's selfish please explain to me what the actual FUCK they put him on the team for?

Yeah Team USA isn't the end all be all, but being on that roster does have SOME significance.

Comment

• The Drew League stuff on the other hand doesn't mean shit though lol

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              The Drew League stuff on the other hand doesn't mean shit though lol
              To me, the only thing that matters is the 3 point shooting. It's an nba 3 and if he can hit open 3s at a respectible clip, this team might be on to something.
              Because its 2015

Comment

Lol, this is true.

But this thought/comment isn't without foundation.

And to be clear - do I think this would be the only reason he'd be included? No. Do I think Jerry could have been influenced, consciously or unconsciously, by wanting to help out son by adding Demar to these teams, above of a handful of more deserving players? Absolutely.

I seem to remember that when Demar was chosen for that first select team, the reaction was surprise. I was definitely surprised.
                Making the USA team is a huge accomplishment. Lots of guys in the NBA want to play for team USA and never get the chance. To suggest that a great basketball mind like Jerry Colangelo would let nepotism be a deciding or contributing factor in deciding which player makes the team is shallow minded in my view. I don't understand why there is the need to diminish DeMars accomplishments like that. He earned his spot. The fact that the coach uses him in a shitty or inefficient manner isn't his fault. Tell any player in the nba that they can take any shot they want whenever they want and see what happens
                Because its 2015

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                  Or we could dump him for a couple of 50 cent pieces and quarters which could turn into toonies and 5 dollar bills if smelted correctly...

DeMar for Favors.
                  Or Demar for favours. As in deeds done in return for something... Like the team needs to draft and develop 3 draft picks and trade them to us after their rookie deals on reasonable contracts
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I know that this is going to have certain posters howling, but whatever:

I think the team USA selections, starting with the select team, were influenced by the Colangelo connection (Jerry running the team, Bryan having drafted Demar).
                    Indeed...

That is all you get for that.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Making the USA team is a huge accomplishment. Lots of guys in the NBA want to play for team USA and never get the chance. To suggest that a great basketball mind like Jerry Colangelo would let nepotism be a deciding or contributing factor in deciding which player makes the team is shallow minded in my view. I don't understand why there is the need to diminish DeMars accomplishments like that. He earned his spot. The fact that the coach uses him in a shitty or inefficient manner isn't his fault. Tell any player in the nba that they can take any shot they want whenever they want and see what happens
                      Well said all around.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Coach K had the final say anyway.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        The Drew League stuff on the other hand doesn't mean shit though lol
                        Austin daye dropped 62 a few weeks ago
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                          Austin daye dropped 62 a few weeks ago
                          Points or Pounds

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Can someone please explain to me what in world does DeMar making team USA have anything to do with DeMar that plays for the Raptors? I've seen this brought up numerous times and I don't get it. Talking about it would make much more sense if he wasn't a deep bench player with the likes of Mason Plumlee and Andre Drummond while his peers were starters or rotation pieces
                            The point you keep missing is that Demar is obviously a good player. Making Team USA is an accomplishment for any player....even as a bench player.

Here's an example of when it gets brought up....

OldSkool/Snooch says

"Demar sucks... Just removing him from the team makes us better"

If he sucks so much how did he make team USA over Parsons/Hayward?

Rebuttal... "Who cares about team USA"

But but he was an all-star last season

Rebuttal...."Who cares, that was in 2014... We're in 2015!"

What about the NBA player of the month award for April? He played awesome in March as well.....he missed two months due to injury!

"Meh... Who cares. He sucks!"

Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by special1; Wed Jul 22, 2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              The point you keep missing is that Demar is obviously a good player. Making Team USA is an accomplishment for any player....even as a bench player.

Here's an example of when it gets brought up....

OldSkool/Snooch says

"Demar sucks... Just removing him from the team makes us better"

If he sucks so much how did he make team USA over Parsons/Hayward?

Rebuttal... "Who cares about team USA"

But but he was an all-star last season

Rebuttal...."Who cares, that was in 2014... We're in 2015!"

What about the NBA player of the month award for April? He played awesome in March as well.....he missed two months due to injury!

"Meh... Who cares. He sucks!"

Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              lol...I think most sane posters don't hate DeMar, it's his alpha role + the fear of the next big contract that make people daydream about having a different primary scorer. For the role + the money you really would like to have a guy better than one who gets compared to Hayward, Lillard, and Parsons.

It is amazing how analyzing the guy can go on and on forever tho...
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I watched that highlight film

All but one of the threes were completely uncontested

All were taken off balance

He banked one in

Ya I'm going to go with he just had a good shooting night vs improved 3pt shot

Comment

Working...
                                X