• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I watched that highlight film

All but one of the threes were completely uncontested

All were taken off balance

He banked one in

Ya I'm going to go with he just had a good shooting night vs improved 3pt shot
    so you want him to take contested threes...

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      The point you keep missing is that Demar is obviously a good player. Making Team USA is an accomplishment for any player....even as a bench player.

Here's an example of when it gets brought up....

OldSkool/Snooch says

"Demar sucks... Just removing him from the team makes us better"

If he sucks so much how did he make team USA over Parsons/Hayward?

Rebuttal... "Who cares about team USA"

But but he was an all-star last season

Rebuttal...."Who cares, that was in 2014... We're in 2015!"

What about the NBA player of the month award for April? He played awesome in March as well.....he missed two months due to injury!

"Meh... Who cares. He sucks!"

Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      As i recall the argument generally starts with someone pointing out how poor DD's efficiency is and then others bringing up Team USA, All Star 2014, POM etc.

Comment

• ahhh i see were still hating Dd around here.

awesome

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          ahhh i see were still hating Dd around here.

awesome
          The argument never ends, but the content remains the same!

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            I watched that highlight film

All but one of the threes were completely uncontested

All were taken off balance

He banked one in

Ya I'm going to go with he just had a good shooting night vs improved 3pt shot
            Not that the Drew League matters, but DeRozan should never be taking contested 3s anyway so I'm not sure what your point is?

Dude you honestly have the worst arguments I've seen on here regarding just about anything. (After Snooch of course)

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              Not that the Drew League matters, but DeRozan should never be taking contested 3s anyway so I'm not sure what your point is?

Dude you honestly have the worst arguments I've seen on here regarding just about anything. (After Snooch of course)
              piss on you

My complaints about Demar, or the possible upcoming misuse of Carrol at pf, and how it is very possible decline in his offensive production are both viable and relevant

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Points or Pounds
                Pretty sure if Daye dropped 62 pounds he would cease to exist

Comment

• I've come up with the best and most logical argument for why we shouldn't trade DD, infallible and irrefutable.

It's simply this.

If we trade DD we would have nothing to discuss lol, seems like that's all anyone wants to talk about.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    lol...I think most sane posters don't hate DeMar, it's his alpha role + the fear of the next big contract that make people daydream about having a different primary scorer. For the role + the money you really would like to have a guy better than one who gets compared to Hayward, Lillard, and Parsons.

It is amazing how analyzing the guy can go on and on forever tho...
                    Have you seen how much those guys are getting paid?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Yup all of them are on max deals. Although Parsons/Hayward got the max last year (which was around 15M a year I think) while Lillard got a max extension for 5yr/120M (24M a year). I think 5yr/100M or so makes sense for DD (although he's actually eligible for more than that).

20M a year on a cap which will be ~100M for most of the contract, so about 20% of the cap. Works out to about a 14M contract nowadays which is less than what Parsons and Hayward got and DeMar is better than both of them if only a little.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        Making the USA team is a huge accomplishment. Lots of guys in the NBA want to play for team USA and never get the chance. To suggest that a great basketball mind like Jerry Colangelo would let nepotism be a deciding or contributing factor in deciding which player makes the team is shallow minded in my view. I don't understand why there is the need to diminish DeMars accomplishments like that. He earned his spot. The fact that the coach uses him in a shitty or inefficient manner isn't his fault. Tell any player in the nba that they can take any shot they want whenever they want and see what happens
                        It isn't shallow-minded; it's exploring the possibility that a dark, but very pervasive, human behaviour might have been at work to some extent.

I recognize, though, that to even suggest it puts a big, fat, tinfoil hat on my head, for some.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post

Snooch wrote: View Post
                          piss on you

My complaints about Demar, or the possible upcoming misuse of Carrol at pf, and how it is very possible decline in his offensive production are both viable and relevant
                          Both of you, knock it off. Stick to the topic/facts, not personal.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Exactly. How much fun are Dallas/Portland/Utah having with roster building now that they've tied up 20% of their cap in B and C level stars? The market gives those guys too much of the cap, you have to be pretty selective about who you hand out those contracts to. I wouldn't want to give one to DeMar, even if he's "earned it" relative to the market, just from the roster building perspective.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Exactly. How much fun are Dallas/Portland/Utah having with roster building now that they've tied up 20% of their cap in B and C level stars? The market gives those guys too much of the cap, you have to be pretty selective about who you hand out those contracts to. I wouldn't want to give one to DeMar, even if he's "earned it" relative to the market, just from the roster building perspective.
                              It has nothing to do with the congrats no one wants to go to Portland or Utah. Dallas was doing pretty good in till DJ happened l
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It has nothing to do with the congrats no one wants to go to Portland or Utah. Dallas was doing pretty good in till DJ happened l
                                If Dallas' only hope was DJ 'No Offense' then they weren't doing 'pretty good' at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X