Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Have you seen how much those guys are getting paid?
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Yup all of them are on max deals. Although Parsons/Hayward got the max last year (which was around 15M a year I think) while Lillard got a max extension for 5yr/120M (24M a year). I think 5yr/100M or so makes sense for DD (although he's actually eligible for more than that).

20M a year on a cap which will be ~100M for most of the contract, so about 20% of the cap. Works out to about a 14M contract nowadays which is less than what Parsons and Hayward got and DeMar is better than both of them if only a little.
    Parsons really only got paid that much because Dallas was trying to pry him away as a RFA and needed to make it a deal that Houston wouldn't match. Only reason they could get "reckless" with the money is cause Dirk signed for less so that they could be aggressive with free agency. Really, Parsons money should be combined with Dirks, and the combined value of having both players is the value that Dallas was paying for.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DWill/Wes/Parsons/Dirk/DJ that's a pretty good starting lineup
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Back on topic, DeMar is going to be doling out the crow for mass consumption this year. Those Drew League highlights were impressive, even for him (and even for the Drew League).

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Back on topic, DeMar is going to be doling out the crow for mass consumption this year. Those Drew League highlights were impressive, even for him (and even for the Drew League).
          EVERY highlight reel is impressive. thats the whole point.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Have you seen how much those guys are getting paid?
            SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Back on topic, DeMar is going to be doling out the crow for mass consumption this year. Those Drew League highlights were impressive, even for him (and even for the Drew League).
            I honestly cannot take Drew League highlights as any form of indicator. might as well be summer league.

Demar has been using #ProveEm for years. Still waiting...

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Lol
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                EVERY highlight reel is impressive. thats the whole point.
                Sure, but some are a whole lot more impressive than others. DeMar is a great trick-dunker in this type of setting, but there's more going on here - handles, explosiveness, mid-season form, and the long-ball.

Defense aside, a 3-pointer is a 3-pointer, especially shooting off the dribble. Pretty key for a guy everyone (except my sig/avatar-bet victim, muhahaha) is praying for to extend his range, .

Comment

Sure, but some are a whole lot more impressive than others. DeMar is a great trick-dunker in this type of setting, but there's more going on here - handles, explosiveness, mid-season form, and the long-ball.

Defense aside, a 3-pointer is a 3-pointer, especially shooting off the dribble. Pretty key for a guy everyone (except my sig/avatar-bet victim, muhahaha) is praying for to extend his range, .
                  Yeah, but handles and all without real defending isn't really comparable. I mean, Nick Young looks impressive there too. Wanna acquire Swaggy P?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I honestly cannot take Drew League highlights as any form of indicator. might as well be summer league.

Demar has been using #ProveEm for years. Still waiting...
                    I just like the highlight package, that's all. It pleases me.

The only indication I'm drawing is just how comfortable DeMar has gotten with that 3-ball. He's knockin' on that door. It's not too late to avoid the crow-based dining experience.

Comment

• Try not to overhype a summer league game. Jamal Crawford routinely tears up the Seattle Pro Am, as well as Zach Lavine who dropped 49 the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUXRcGRY14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rEW44QPLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKrnKilEXg

Comment

Yeah, but handles and all without real defending isn't really comparable. I mean, Nick Young looks impressive there too. Wanna acquire Swaggy P?
                        Swaggy P is a solid wing-scorer, but we're all full up, so I'm good. Him you expect to drain 3s, I'm not so sure the same goes for DeMar. Or maybe I'm mistaken and this board is already expecting a solid uptick from beyond the arc.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Try not to overhype a summer league game. Jamal Crawford routinely tears up the Seattle Pro Am, as well as Zach Lavine who dropped 49 the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUXRcGRY14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2rEW44QPLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htKrnKilEXg
                          Thanks, that (Lavine, I've seen plenty of Crawford over the years) was sick! Both are great scorers in the own right, or Lavine will be soon at any rate.

Comment

I just like the highlight package, that's all. It pleases me.

The only indication I'm drawing is just how comfortable DeMar has gotten with that 3-ball. He's knockin' on that door. It's not too late to avoid the crow-based dining experience.
                            I will gladly eat the crow if DD does it. He could get his 3P% up if he solely took corner threes but he will never develop above the breakline range.

Shot selection is the issue more than mechanics.

Comment

Swaggy P is a solid wing-scorer, but we're all full up, so I'm good. Him you expect to drain 3s, I'm not so sure the same goes for DeMar. Or maybe I'm mistaken and this board is already expecting a solid uptick from beyond the arc.
                              Swaggy P can shoot but he's a bench chucker in the JR Smith mold. But in the Drew, he's a bonafide star.

Highlight packages are nice for excitement but offer no value for predicting NBA production.

Comment

I will gladly eat the crow if DD does it. He could get his 3P% up if he solely took corner threes but he will never develop above the breakline range.

Shot selection is the issue more than mechanics.
                                Never say never. Demar used to fling his 3s above the break from behind his head with a giant leg kick, now it's looking more like a natural extension of his closer shooting form. Same thing happened with his corner shot previously.

Comment

Working...
                                X