Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I dunno if he could ever reach that but he could be an efficient scorer on a good team if he learned to play off ball move (use cuts). Really, DD should be able to score 15-18 PPG on fewer shots if he had done it right. Instead, he developed dribble pump pump pump pump shoot fade away jumper.

A Richard Jefferson type career (never top dog but valuable contribution) makes more sense than Top 15 player.
    DD terrible 3 shooting is also tied to his over dribbling. One reason Kobe or even MJ couldn't shoot threes is because they had the ball. Not many guys can shoot of the dribble like Hasrden and Curry.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Casey really has NEEDED DeMar's production over his tenure though, even last year with the most talented roster thus far. It's only now that both have the luxury of a genuinely deep, talented roster. I think DD's a lot more coachable than he's being given credit for, you know Casey has been giving him the 'primary scorer' role for years now, and I think all that responsibility and struggle will actually pay dividends as he gets reigned in and surrounded by better players.
      I thought the opposite last year. With the number of shooters this team had, there was no reason for a couple guys to be so high usage. The Raps had a lot more offensive depth than most teams, reflected in how well the bench scored. Part of the frustration with the lack of ball movement and shot distribution was knowing so many low efficiency shots were being taken instead of making use of strengths.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        I thought the opposite last year. With the number of shooters this team had, there was no reason for a couple guys to be so high usage. The Raps had a lot more offensive depth than most teams, reflected in how well the bench scored. Part of the frustration with the lack of ball movement and shot distribution was knowing so many low efficiency shots were being taken instead of making use of strengths.
        I thought our shooting was pretty atrocious actually, we had good iso players with Lou especially and we used em more than enough. I know we hit a lot of 3s, and at a decent rate, but in terms of snipers getting off high percentage looks off nice action there was Patterson and not much more after Kyle's hand went bad. Ross's shots usually felt either contested or off-balance. DeMar would draw the defense, but when he did kick, we didn't seem able to capitalize that well - Greivis became one of our only dependable shooters off that kind of action.

This year I'm looking forward to having PP's shooting at the 4, a more dynamic offensive game from Jonas, a shooter with size at the 3, and a healthy Kyle. The team is ready, and DeMar should be ready, to find the balance that can take us to that next level.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Not that the Drew League matters, but DeRozan should never be taking contested 3s anyway so I'm not sure what your point is?

Dude you honestly have the worst arguments I've seen on here regarding just about anything. (After Snooch of course)
          In a real NBA game his three point attempts will be at least half contested

Making uncontested threes in a pickup game does not mean he will be able to hit thees on an NBA court

That was the point I was getting at. If you disagree that's fine but you keep taking my posts completely out of context in some sort of a you-hate-me-so-everything-I-say-is-wrong type way. Pretty funny imo

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            I thought our shooting was pretty atrocious actually, we had good iso players with Lou especially and we used em more than enough. I know we hit a lot of 3s, and at a decent rate, but in terms of snipers getting off high percentage looks off nice action there was Patterson and not much more after Kyle's hand went bad. Ross's shots usually felt either contested or off-balance. DeMar would draw the defense, but when he did kick, we didn't seem able to capitalize that well - Greivis became one of our only dependable shooters off that kind of action.

This year I'm looking forward to having PP's shooting at the 4, a more dynamic offensive game from Jonas, a shooter with size at the 3, and a healthy Kyle. The team is ready, and DeMar should be ready, to find the balance that can take us to that next level.
            Demsr did a poor job of drawing the defense, and when it did go out it was a ckuster fuck of what to do from there.

It has been shown many times that our guards only passed when in trouble and forced too.

And without ball movement you arent going to get good looks.

I worry for carrol this year cause i have manor doubts that we can change demar and lowry to :

A) get the bigs involved regularly
            B) be wikking to make the extra pass...especialky since they were allowed to do whatever they wanted for years and for one it is a contract year

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• of course DD is going to become a better 3 point shooter in a contract year

of course
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• $$$$$$$

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    $$$$$$$

What is this, the Rew League? Cause I just watched the whole video and I didn't see no D.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If DD starts shooting over 35% from 3 this year and exchanges some of those mid-range Js for 3s... lawd

I refuse to be bamboozled by drew league highlights tho.

Comment

• One thing I will say is that the form on his 3s actually looks the same as his regular shots now, which is a good thing I suppose. Not seeing that leg kick anymore.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          One thing I will say is that the form on his 3s actually looks the same as his regular shots now, which is a good thing I suppose. Not seeing that leg kick anymore.
                          I thought last year he was able to drop the kick pretty well, but he added a little bit of a hitch to his shot whenever he stepped above the break. When his shot was smooth it would go in. In that highlight reel his shot was looking pretty smooth every time...

And of course it ended with a 360 lol...

Contract year Derozan 35% from beyond the arc? 20-5-5 with a good TS%?

Probably just Drew league effect, but still a good sign

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                            I thought last year he was able to drop the kick pretty well, but he added a little bit of a hitch to his shot whenever he stepped above the break. When his shot was smooth it would go in. In that highlight reel his shot was looking pretty smooth every time...

And of course it ended with a 360 lol...

Contract year Derozan 35% from beyond the arc? 20-5-5 with a good TS%?

Probably just Drew league effect, but still a good sign
                            Everyone can hope. Rather see a more effective DD, playing within the team without having to shoulder more than his share, than see him traded.

Comment

• If Demar is able to shot 35% from the perimeter off the dribble then he is worth a Max deal. It's unlikely. Unless Raptors use him off ball more his 3pt shot will never exceed 30%

Comment

• Deja-fucking-vu. like every other offseason lol will it ever translate to the regular season?
                                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X