Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    corey maggette was elite at drawing contact and getting to the line too. and he was never really a key piece of anything good.

Harden, westbrook, and lebron do other things a hell of a lot better than Derozan.
    yes he was but so was

Kobe
    the big O
    jerry west
    MJ
    paul pierce
    A.I
    Lebron
    Reggie miller
    Wadde
    Durant

And no im not comparing demar to any of those guys, im just stateing guys who are/were elite at drawing contact
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
      No not really. Demar is elite at drawing contact and getting to the line. The only non-bigs better at getting to the line are harden, westbrook and lebron.
      He is elite at drawing contact, but let's not discount that his shooting percentage is terrible. The extra FTs simply offsets some of that, but it still makes him a average player in terms of offensive efficiency. He needs to eliminate the mid range shot and step back 4 more feet or just take it out of his game entirely.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        yes he was but so was

Kobe
        the big O
        jerry west
        MJ
        paul pierce
        A.I
        Lebron
        Reggie miller
        Wadde
        Durant

And no im not comparing demar to any of those guys, im just stateing guys who are/were elite at drawing contact
        almost as if drawing contact is a skill a lot of elite players have. but not a skill that makes a player elite.

Comment

• there is one big commonality amongst all these names and freethrows.

Having the ball, ALOT

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            almost as if drawing contact is a skill a lot of elite players have. but not a skill that makes a player elite.
            thats the problem, Demar isnt elite but why does that even matter

even if he shoots 38% from 3 and 48 from the FG he still wouldn't be considered elite
            near elite - Hell yeah

but the only elite people in nba right now are
            LBJ,KD,AD, and people like them
            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• And now for an unbiased opinion:

Amin Elhassan has a list up on ESPN Insider with the Top 10 2016 FA's, sorted by his estimation of their worth by AAV. His list:

Lebron, Dwight, KD, Conley, Drummond, Beal, Horford, Whiteside, Parsons, Mozgov.

To make my contract value estimates, I used many of the same factors I considered as a member of the Phoenix Suns' front office: age, injury history, value of recent comparable player contracts, irreplaceability of skill set, contribution to winning, history of production, fit with style and culture, marketability and current cap situation, among other things.

Remember, this is not a ranking of the best free agents -- it lines them up based on projected AAV. And the AAVs listed below represent my estimation of the approximate value of each player, not a prediction of what the player will receive on the market in 2016. (Values denoted in millions of dollars.)
              His AAV's ranged from Lebron's 30.7/yr 2yrs (2nd year PO) to Mozgov's 16/yr 3yrs.

No DD, no JV on his list. I'm guessing there will be some disagreement around here.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• well with jvs percieved low value maybe we can grab him cheap, but he would look great beside aldridge in san antonio and the spurs will have money next year.

i haven't seen enough high level play from whiteside to warrant a max yet, if he comes out of the gate like he played last year then pay the man.

dd not on the list is right in line with what most of the posters here barring a few have been saying.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  And now for an unbiased opinion:

Amin Elhassan has a list up on ESPN Insider with the Top 10 2016 FA's, sorted by his estimation of their worth by AAV. His list:

Lebron, Dwight, KD, Conley, Drummond, Beal, Horford, Whiteside, Parsons, Mozgov.

His AAV's ranged from Lebron's 30.7/yr 2yrs (2nd year PO) to Mozgov's 16/yr 3yrs.

No DD, no JV on his list. I'm guessing there will be some disagreement around here.
                  How is dwight howard worth more than KD?

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                    How is dwight howard worth more than KD?
                    Don't know the CBA, but Dwight makes more than KD, so if both get max, Dwight ends up with more??? Maybe just go to askDanH.com
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

And now for an unbiased opinion:

Presumably based on last year's performances? Not sure how JV wouldn't be up there with his minute-by-minute production. And what did Parsons do that was so special? I thought he was injured for a while there.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        well with jvs percieved low value maybe we can grab him cheap, but he would look great beside aldridge in san antonio and the spurs will have money next year.

i haven't seen enough high level play from whiteside to warrant a max yet, if he comes out of the gate like he played last year then pay the man.

dd not on the list is right in line with what most of the posters here barring a few have been saying.
                        I'm not a JV fan the way some are around here, but he is better than Enes Kanter and both Portland and OKC felt it was worth 4yrs/$70 million for Kanter. So I'm guessing JV won't be anywhere close to cheap.

Comment

I'm not a JV fan the way some are around here, but he is better than Enes Kanter and both Portland and OKC felt it was worth 4yrs/$70 million for Kanter. So I'm guessing JV won't be anywhere close to cheap.
                          agreed, i'm just hoping that the perceived value undercuts his bargaining power

Comment

• Not every guy on the roster can be on a bargain contract. Just be thankful we've got a bunch (of rookie/value contracts) that will help balance the roster.

Jonas and DeMar won't be cheap. Thankfully MLSE has a shit-ton of money.

Comment

Don't know the CBA, but Dwight makes more than KD, so if both get max, Dwight ends up with more??? Maybe just go to askDanH.com
                              Yeah Dwight is eligible for more money than KD because he will have 12 years of experience (making him eligible for a bit less than 35% of the cap) while KD will have 9 (making him eligible for a bit less than 30% of the cap).

I don't really get this list though. I'd like to see exactly how he calculates AAV.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                Yeah Dwight is eligible for more money than KD because he will have 12 years of experience (making him eligible for a bit less than 35% of the cap) while KD will have 9 (making him eligible for a bit less than 30% of the cap).

I don't really get this list though. I'd like to see exactly how he calculates AAV.
                                Elhassans explanation is in the quote box in my post above.

Comment

Working...
                                X