Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    lol Snooch's bullshit arguments make me laugh so hard, the way Jwash is getting into his head ahahahaha

this is like a comedy book
    Derozan is the successful son
    JWash is the parent figure
    Snooch is the extremely jealous sibling
    Yes, i am very jealous. Thats it.

So any rational attempt to go against any points i outlined is a veiled attempt and mocking.

Nice job. Your points have been noted but yoi debate against mine fall a little short.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      You don't think Demar would take a pay cut if it meant we could land Durant? I do.
      would he also agree to come off the bench

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        So let me get this straight, pointing out that:

a) demar is a net nil producer on the court as per offensive and defensive ratings
        b) demar will need to be paid huge money reducing opportunity to land a guy like durant
        c) demar's best attributes(getting to the line) is reduced by not having as many offensive opportunities
        d) same as above but with a restructured offense
        e) demars particular skillset is not one that would allow it to be effective as a secondary or third option as he is poorly efficient, is a poor shooter(especially from range) and a subpar defender)

are now called delusional.

OK, Sure.
        No, no, no, I'm not saying DeMar is anything better than a 4th option, maybe 3rd option, on a championship team, but to ignore that is pretty delusional.

With a restructured offense, I can see DeMar having value slashing and cutting while being a secondary or tertiary playmaker. I agree that giving a USG% of 28 (his avg. the last two years) isn't smart at all if you want to play efficient basketball. But 20%? Could turn out great with a motion offense or something similar.

Comment

You don't think Demar would take a pay cut if it meant we could land Durant? I do.
          I dont think he would take a substantial enough paycut to make it happen.

he would need to reduce his potential salary by 50% or more.

And secondly to that, with him being a poor shooters from distance, and his best offensive qualities being tied directly to high usage, would it be best for the team to have someone like him standing beside a guy like Durant on the wings.

To be successful in playoffs you need a post presence, to have a post presence you have to give touches to a bigman(look at OKC, they have been needing that for a while)

Lowry is another guy that needs touches to be at his most effective.

So speaking hypothetically, if JV was established with 14 or 15 touches per games, Lowry at 15 or so, Durant at 20, is there enough touches left to warrant keeping demar?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            No, no, no, I'm not saying DeMar is anything better than a 4th option, maybe 3rd option, on a championship team, but to ignore that is pretty delusional.

With a restructured offense, I can see DeMar having value slashing and cutting while being a secondary or tertiary playmaker. I agree that giving a USG% of 28 (his avg. the last two years) isn't smart at all if you want to play efficient basketball. But 20%? Could turn out great with a motion offense or something similar.
            I question as to if as a starter beside the hypothetical Durant, if demar at 20% usage is effective enough.

He doesnt space the floor at all, so his opportunity would need to come in an area where Durant likes to work and where we need our bigman to operate as well.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              DeRozan a 2, Durant a 3, no?

Comment

Imagine a lineup
                KL
                DD
                DC
                KD
                JV

If only....

Comment

• Tbh as far as I'm concerned KD and DD would actually be an amazing fit together on the wings.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Tbh as far as I'm concerned KD and DD would actually be an amazing fit together on the wings.
                    then you know nothing jon snow

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      then you know nothing jon snow
                      Quick, trade DD he isn't a good enough actor to be in Game of Thrones!

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Imagine a lineup
                        KL
                        DD
                        DC
                        KD
                        JV

If only....
                        I would rather see

KL
                        KD
                        DC
                        PP
                        JV

KD is essentially a SG
                        DC guards best wing

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          Tbh as far as I'm concerned KD and DD would actually be an amazing fit together on the wings.
                          They would fit better than DD and Gay did for sure, but I have my doubts about being an amazing fit. I think for two players to fit well together they have to be able to play off each other. One guy should be able to open up something for the other within the span of a play. I think with those two it's either your turn or mine. Assist numbers for both guys are nothing impressive.

I'd actually rather have Ross on the floor with KD so he can be a spot up shooter and focus on D with Lowry and KD taking the bulk of the posessions and creating for shooters (Ross, DC), in the starting line up.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                            DeRozan a 2, Durant a 3, no?
                            if you play KD at the three he's checking the best player. hes better at the 2 with Demarre defending and spacing. Demar at the 2 contributes nothing unless he is alot better passer

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Why would he need to come off the bench?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Why would he need to come off the bench?
                                Derozan<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                X